• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hype Survivor SHH Survivor 30: Big Brother (Week 5) - Pick and Seek!

I think the Browns are going to be productive in the run game. They ran pretty well on the Steelers last season. Where I think they're boned is the pass game. With a rookie likely starting for them and our biggest WR threat being Massaquoia, I see no way my Brownies can beat the Steelers :csad:

I must say, this was a serendipitous week for this challenge, lol! We planned on it being in this spot the whole time, but the game paced itself to happen this week. It's funny, but awesome!

Spider-fan, what do u think of my Sunday night score prediction of 70-24Colts?

LOL! I laughed. I think the Redskins are better than people give them credit for, though. I actually picked them to win the East before the season started.

I am counting on Peyton Manning to go Madden2010 or 2011 all over the Skins. And everytime the skins score shout to camera "IT IS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG" like in the one Oreo ad he did with his bro.

Something feels off to me about Indy this season. They just dont feel like the same team. Something is off. I don't fear them like I did. To me, they are showing signs of the end like the Pats did last year. The AFC guard has shifted to the Ravens and Jets, and the age of NE, Indy, and SD seems to be dying.

Something feels off to me about Indy this season. They just dont feel like the same team. Something is off. I don't fear them like I did. To me, they are showing signs of the end like the Pats did last year. The AFC guard has shifted to the Ravens and Jets, and the age of NE, Indy, and SD seems to be dying.

New blood is rising. Just like how sooner or later teams like the Niners and Lions and Raiders will have winning years. Isn't the Pats the best team in last 10 years?

The Pats were, and then Indy and Pittsburgh took over. The Pats were still in the top 4 area, and were easily the best in the 16-0 year, but they didn't have that same magic (hence why they lost the SB). Now, we have newer teams rising. The Jets and Ravens are right there at the top right now for new blood. Steelers are hanging around, but I really think the Chiefs are emerging into the elite. Very young team who reminds me of the Jets last year. They're only going to grow with experience, and I see them being a top 4 team in the next year or two. I think they take the AFC West this year, too.

I know I picked the Texans over chiefs, but I can see Texans being Texans and losing. They just so-so it seems.

The Texans are trying to copy the Indy all passing model. They're built to pass, which is great, but I am a run the ball first and pass the ball 2nd guy. I think you have more ways to win all year round by running the ball well and playing defense. Teams like that can beat anyone. Passing teams like that needs points, and normally can't win on off days. That's the problem and why those teams normally don't win SBs.

I must say, this was a serendipitous week for this challenge, lol! We planned on it being in this spot the whole time, but the game paced itself to happen this week. It's funny, but awesome!

Its the perfect week for it. A lot of these games could go either way and will very well come down to one big play.

I think the age of a lot of Indy's players just seems to be catching up to them. Peyton included. Not many quarterbacks can do what Favre does and continue to be consistently good until the age of 41. Peyton Manning is nearing 35. I think his best days are behind him. I think it is incredibly foolish for the Colts to give him a contract at this point in his career that makes him the highest paid player. If anything, and I know it is blasphemy to say this, they should be slowly phasing him out of their plans for the future, give him a two or three year contract extension and then tell him its time to hang up the cleats.

The Pats were, and then Indy and Pittsburgh took over. The Pats were still in the top 4 area, and were easily the best in the 16-0 year, but they didn't have that same magic (hence why they lost the SB). Now, we have newer teams rising. The Jets and Ravens are right there at the top right now for new blood. Steelers are hanging around, but I really think the Chiefs are emerging into the elite. Very young team who reminds me of the Jets last year. They're only going to grow with experience, and I see them being a top 4 team in the next year or two. I think they take the AFC West this year, too.

I disagree that the Ravens are going to emerge as an elite AFC team. The Ravens, while having a promising young quarterback and running back, still have a lot of glitches to work out on offense and are really aged on defense. In fact, I'd argue that either this or next year will be their last year as an elite contender for top NFL defense. Their defense is going to essentially need a complete restructuring very soon and will need to be rebuilt from the ground up. I'm not sure if Harbaugh has it in him but in the next couple years we are going to learn whether or not Harbaugh is a truly great coach or a guy who rode the coat tails of the talented team that he inheirited from Brian Billick.

As for the Chiefs, its too early to say. Yeah, they look okay and definitely have a coaching staff that can do great things. However, I'm not entirely sold on them yet. Cassel could either become the next Kurt Warner and do great things or become the next Chad Pennington and implode after a couple good seasons. Beyond that, they've not really been tested so far. They beat the Chargers, yeah, but in the second half of that game when the Chargers started playing like the Chargers, they manhandled the Chiefs. Other than that, their two other wins were against the Browns and the 49ers. Not exactly inspiring stuff. They could be big, but I dunno. A lot of the hype around them feels like the hype that was around the Chiefs in 2003/2004 during the Herm Edwards/Priest Holmes/Trent Green era and look where that went. Its too early to call them one way or another, IMO.

As for the Jets, I agree. Ryan is taking this team right where it needs to be taken.

Just over the past season and a half I've really started paying attention to teams outside of Cincinnati and the Jets is the team that's caught my eye as something that seems like the beginnings of a future star team. I noticed it last year and I've been impressed with them this year as well.

Sadly though, I'm too new to really know why that is or to peg who i think would be good or who needs rebuilding etc. I can't even figure my own team out.

That said... what's your guys's predictions on the Bengals over the coming years?

The Bengals I think need to rebuild. Palmer is done. He has been getting worse each year. He has tons of weapons, and can't use them. The Bengals have got all they will out of him, so I feel they need to unload and rebuild.

Good, so I'm pegging it right then. Palmer is the main issue on the offense. I just keep thinking that they have a lot of good offensive players but something just never seems to click and I keep telling my wife that I think it's Palmer but she's not so sure.

I do like our defense though. Joseph specifically.

I like the Bengals defense, and you have tons of weapons. But, Palmer definitely needs to go. Where they go for QB after Palmer, I am not so sure. But, Palmer is done. Easily done. If I were them, I'd try and get Seneca Wallace from the Browns. He has shown sparks of brilliance, and I think could keep the Bengals good with this current team. Plus, Browns prob go with McCoy next year and drop him.

If not Wallace, get another QB in FA.

The Bengals also need a head coach. Marvin Lewis is a joke.

We have Jordan Palmer as backup but I've never seen him play. No clue if he's good or not.

I agree, but the organization loves him and I don't see him going

The city loves him and Palmer, though fantastics like my brother are starting to pop up here and there, taking a tongue lashing every time he calls for their jobs publically.

I'd be okay with Palmer going but I admit to liking Lewis. But for me, it's kinda like Bush and Obama. I like them, have no idea what they do that's good or bad for the country... but they seem like nice guys :)

I'm so niave in my life it's sickening :(

Man, I'm pissed. I was this close to jury. Damn you Kane for quitting :csad:

Have you ever made Jury Alex? And how many games have you played in anyway? I alway see you around but I know you didn't make it into the last game I played.

Hmmmm

**** City*
Erz and Holly's*
New Challengers
Norman's game
Marvel vs DC*
Spy vs Spy
Big Brother

*games that I'd didn't make the cut. And Normans game quit on Day 6. I was still in the game at the time :cmad:

I don't think I'll play next time. Take a break, refine my strategy etc. But when the Futurama game comes, you will all fall before my might and grandeur :cmad:

I agree, but the organization loves him and I don't see him going

Organization loves him because he is cheap and wins just enough games to keep butts in the seats.

The city loves him and Palmer, though fantastics like my brother are starting to pop up here and there, taking a tongue lashing every time he calls for their jobs publically.

I'd be okay with Palmer going but I admit to liking Lewis. But for me, it's kinda like Bush and Obama. I like them, have no idea what they do that's good or bad for the country... but they seem like nice guys :)

I'm so niave in my life it's sickening :(

Only 2 of his 7 seasons have not ended with a losing record. People are being kind to him right now because he had a winning season last year. Lewis does just enough to maintain his job but he clearly has no control over his locker room and lacks a coherrent strategy on how to win.

Correct me if wrong Matt, but isn't Lewis a better defensive coach than a head coach?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"