• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hype Survivor SHH Survivor 30: Big Brother (Week 5) - Pick and Seek!

I'm liking Zimmer... keep Lewis away.... unless Zimmer would make a great headcoach... then it's cool :)

Correct me if wrong Matt, but isn't Lewis a better defensive coach than a head coach?

Marvin Lewis is an outstanding defensive coach. As linebacker coach to the Steelers he put together the best linebacker squad that the Steelers and maybe the NFL has every seen (Kevin Greene, Greg Llyod, Levon Kirkland, and Chad Brown....damn that was a bad ass linebacker core) and then he was the defensive coordinator that won the Super Bowl with the Ravens (and that was a bad ass defense). Once he became a head coach however, it was all down hill. He just doesn't have the temperment or knowledge for the game to be a head coach. He is like his predecessor as Cinci's head coach, the great Dick LeBeau. Amazing defensive coordinator, mediocre head coach.

As long as the Browns can land Gruden next year, I don't care wher anyone else goes :up:

I'm liking Zimmer... keep Lewis away.... unless Zimmer would make a great headcoach... then it's cool :)

Zimmer is good, but Lewis was a GREAT defensive coach. I keep hearing Zimmer for head coach, but I dunno. I think an outside hire would work better for Cinci. Someone like Rob Ryan or Ron Rivera who would really come in and just take control of the locker room. Brian Billick will likely return to coaching next year. I don't think he'd go to Cinci as it is in the division of his old team and he is still close friends with Balitmore's owner, but you never know. Cincinatti needs an authoritarian coach who holds players to high standards, eliminates dumb penalties and takes control of the bigger egoes on the team.

Cowher too the Bengals! Just to spite Matt :o

I'd love to see Cowher as a Bengal. The man deserves a couple more rings and with the right coaching that team could be contenders. That said, Cowher has already said that he will not take a job in the AFC North out of respect for the Rooneys and Steeler fans. I'm guessing IF Cowher comes back (and I think a lot of people over estimate his desire to return) it will be to the Carolina Panthers. Fox is done.

I'd love to see Cowher as a Bengal. The man deserves a couple more rings and with the right coaching that team could be contenders. That said, Cowher has already said that he will not take a job in the AFC North out of respect for the Rooneys and Steeler fans. I'm guessing IF Cowher comes back (and I think a lot of people over estimate his desire to return) it will be to the Carolina Panthers. Fox is done.

Oh God...if Cowher has control of that team and Richardson backing him, the Panthers could be a force in quickly. Probably not Cowher's first year, but his 2nd year I imagine playoffs. Fox took a team that went 1-15 in 2001 to a Super Bowl game in 2003, in only second year.

And Richardson has really just treated this team bad and the fans this year, but if he thinks there will be a lock out in 2011, I don't blame him for what he is doing. I mean this year sucks, but the future can be bright in Carolina depending on moves made after this season.You got Williams and Stewart at RB, with Goodson as the 3rd string. One of them can be expendable for right price, I say a young promising WR. Or draft pick.

Zimmer is good, but Lewis was a GREAT defensive coach. I keep hearing Zimmer for head coach, but I dunno. I think an outside hire would work better for Cinci. Someone like Rob Ryan or Ron Rivera who would really come in and just take control of the locker room. Brian Billick will likely return to coaching next year. I don't think he'd go to Cinci as it is in the division of his old team and he is still close friends with Balitmore's owner, but you never know. Cincinatti needs an authoritarian coach who holds players to high standards, eliminates dumb penalties and takes control of the bigger egoes on the team.

There's egos on the Bengals?! Who could that be?!!! ;)

Oh God...if Cowher has control of that team and Richardson backing him, the Panthers could be a force in quickly. Probably not Cowher's first year, but his 2nd year I imagine playoffs. Fox took a team that went 1-15 in 2001 to a Super Bowl game in 2003, in only second year.

And Richardson has really just treated this team bad and the fans this year, but if he thinks there will be a lock out in 2011, I don't blame him for what he is doing. I mean this year sucks, but the future can be bright in Carolina depending on moves made after this season.You got Williams and Stewart at RB, with Goodson as the 3rd string. One of them can be expendable for right price, I say a young promising WR. Or draft pick.

I feel bad for Fox. Like you said, he is a decent coach, but ownership hasn't done him any favors.

That said, if Cowher were to sign, he would likely get a VP spot, a GM of his choice (in fact, I wouldn't be suprised to see Kevin Colbert jump ship from the Steelers to get to work with Cowher again), and any players he wants would be his. Richardson won't be interfering in a Cowher regime. I'm sure that his contract will ensure that.

Beyond that, Cowher is the best coach of his generation. Even if he ownership does not hand over the combination to the vault to Cowher, he can still build teams on low budgets (hell, the Rooneys are notoriously cheap and Cowher made play-offs 10 of his 15 seasons). Cowher has a brilliant mind when it comes to the draft, an eye for cheap talent that he can turn into stars, and is the best when it comes to planning out games based on opponents. The Panthers will definitely be a force to be reckoned with under Cowher.

Just so everyone knows, any game with a spread of 2.5pts or more will be considered an upset. This subject just came up, and I'm going to rule 2.5pts is close enough to a 3pt spread.

I feel bad for Fox. Like you said, he is a decent coach, but ownership hasn't done him any favors.

That said, if Cowher were to sign, he would likely get a VP spot, a GM of his choice (in fact, I wouldn't be suprised to see Kevin Colbert jump ship from the Steelers to get to work with Cowher again), and any players he wants would be his. Richardson won't be interfering in a Cowher regime. I'm sure that his contract will ensure that.

Beyond that, Cowher is the best coach of his generation. Even if he ownership does not hand over the combination to the vault to Cowher, he can still build teams on low budgets (hell, the Rooneys are notoriously cheap and Cowher made play-offs 10 of his 15 seasons). Cowher has a brilliant mind when it comes to the draft, an eye for cheap talent that he can turn into stars, and is the best when it comes to planning out games based on opponents. The Panthers will definitely be a force to be reckoned with under Cowher.

The thing with Fox is he needs a pretty good defense and a decent offense that can block for RB for him to succeed. Now I can honestly see this current Panthers D being top 10 good by 2012 (and that is assuming there is no 2011 season) Right now that D is ranked 12th, I believe.

And as for our QB situtation...I believe Moore, Clausen, or Pike can be future. I don't care if you have to dumb down the plays and use a certain package that Fox may use after this week's bye. (The Panthers have former QB turned WR A. Edwards, who played QB for two plays in a direct run snap play last week. Some people are saying we should use a Mountaineer package? This a direct run with QB, with pass option?)

Oh, and something I don't like with Fox...predictable play calling. Or maybe that goes on former O-coach Henning and now current one Davidson? Seriously, this team should just use trick plays, shot gun, play action, and run it. Might as well use shot gun with this sorry O-Line. 0-5...need something to jump start this team. Even the 1-15 team wasn't this bad, they just couldn't complete the comeback or close out games was all.

is this the football thread or survivor or both?

Since the games are starting can you please post the picks so we can monitor results?

I'd like to but I don't know what SF has planned for this challenge so I don't want to step on his toes.

And on an unrelated note.... GO BROWNS!!!

I'd love to see Ben's return be an embaressing loss to Cleveland.

I'd like to but I don't know what SF has planned for this challenge so I don't want to step on his toes.

And on an unrelated note.... GO BROWNS!!!

I'd love to see Ben's return be an embaressing loss to Cleveland.

Honestly, me too. I loved that Haden picked him off on his first drive. Especially since the Steelers should have done the right thing and traded Roethlisberger and the first round pick to Kansas City in exchange for their first round pick and Cassell and drafted Haden. Apparently KC was interested in the trade but wanted Pittsburgh's first round as well and the Steelers wouldn't give that up.

Think that sure lock pick cost me this challenge...may be at 0 or 1 point now...

I think I'm at 8 for 12, so far I think. Denver really screwed me over. So close but they gave it away again.

I was at work earlier, and I just got back. I'm going to look at the sheets now and begin scoring.

Let's post some results!

First, here are The Immortal!'s picks:

Texans
Dolphins
Rams
Bears-x
Falcons-x
Ravens-x
Giants
Bucs-x
Raiders (lock)-x (-5pts!!!!)
Vikings
Browns (upset)-x
Broncos-x

So, that is 5 correct...and you lose 5 pts for missing your lock.

Total: 0pts!!!

Why would one pick the Raiders as their lock? Unless they know nothing about football or are trying to throw the challenge?

Next...Byrd Man!!!

Chiefs-x
Dolphins
Chargers-x
Eagles
Patriots
Steelers
Giants
Bears-x
Bucs (upset)-x
49ers
Vikings