Superman Returns Shirt-rip in the NEWEST trailer: Real or CG?

Naite22

Superhero
Reaction score
.... A lot are talking about the fact that the final shot in the new trailer, where we see Routh doing the shirt rip for the first time, is actually CG!?? Why would this be? It doesn't make any sense. Some claim that he's only got a white t-shirt on under his shirt.. and this scene is clearly from where he's rushing off to save the plane from total disaster.. However some are saying that he doesn't have the superman suit on at this point in the film, seeing how he wasn't sure that he'd ever return as the man of steel, again... But than, WHY OH WHY would they spend money on a CG suit and put on Routh?? Why not use a real shirt rip scene from the film and use that at the end?? What would be the point of confusing people like that, really?

To surprise people when
It's revealed to be the white t-shirt

Plus, there probably isn't another shirt rip scene, aside from the one where he flies up the elevator.

Master Bruce said:
To surprise people when
It's revealed to be the white t-shirt

Plus, there probably isn't another shirt rip scene, aside from the one where he flies up the elevator.

it might be possible to end the movie with a shirt rip??

There's one in a alley! You can see it in the Look up in the sky doc. trailer. This one is the shirt rip to the white shirt. Its simple, they want to keep that one hidden (real one).

When the shot was actually filmed he ripped to a white shirt. It is CG. Whether it'll be a rip to white shirt or not in the movie, no one knows.

It's pretty stupid if it's only done to surprise people though... It says so in the novilization that he rips open the shirt to reveal a white t-shirt... but it's just stupid to use CG in that shot, very stupid.. so for the sake beeing, I hope it really is a surprise thingy, and than when we see it, it reveals a white t-shirt..

PS: They better have at least 2 good shirt rips in the movie.. at the begining and at the end

Tell me something... some say that he has the suit at the Daily Planet and has to rush over to put it on... others are saying that it's home at the farm.. which is it??? Oh, and wouldn't it be cool if we saw Clark fly in his buisness suit, over to the farm to get the super suit:) you know, see him fly as Clark Kent..

Naite22 said:
It's pretty stupid if it's only done to surprise people though... It says so in the novilization that he rips open the shirt to reveal a white t-shirt... but it's just stupid to use CG in that shot, very stupid.. so for the sake beeing, I hope it really is a surprise thingy, and than when we see it, it reveals a white t-shirt..

PS: They better have at least 2 good shirt rips in the movie.. at the begining and at the end
I read someone claiming there were 2 rips while running down an alley, the first one being the white shirt rip, and the second one being a real rip where he's prepared. Sort of a, "he's back" moment.

I just told you man, look at the documentary trailer if you wanna see a glimpse of the real one! You've read the novelization you would know if there's 2 or not...

it might be cg but im telling you it will be in the movie because if he rips it open to revel a white shirt it has to be another part be cause alot of people are saying that the elevator scene is where clark goes and gets his suit but if he rips it open in the alley then why would he put back on his work coat and his trench coat to go find his suit only to take it off when he flies away.

Uh, I'm pretty slow tonight so can someone explain to me about the white shirt thing? Do you mean to hide the real outfit from the extras or what? Or he forgot his super suit? I don't get it. Long weekend.

theogt said:
I read someone claiming there were 2 rips while running down an alley, the first one being the white shirt rip, and the second one being a real rip where he's prepared. Sort of a, "he's back" moment.
and that's how it should be... But the scene where he's rushing off to save the plane, is surposedly the scene where he runs down an alley and does the rip (at least one of them) only to reveal a white t-shirt. That's the FIRST TIME we will see him do the shirt rip in the movie... and even though I like the idea of him ripping open his t-shirt only to see a white t-shirt underneath, I dont think that it should be the VERY first time he's doing that shirt rip in the film.. that moment is surpose to be huge, nastolgic and EPIC... but looking at how the movie is put together, the first time we see him doing the rip will also be that same time he has a white t-shirt under.. a bit dumb isn't it? Than it's like "Oh damn, I left the suit at the Planet". than he runs off and puts it on, and ones again runs down the alley "Let's see if it works this time around!"... That wouldn't work too good I think

super-t said:
it might be cg but im telling you it will be in the movie because if he rips it open to revel a white shirt it has to be another part be cause alot of people are saying that the elevator scene is where clark goes and gets his suit but if he rips it open in the alley then why would he put back on his work coat and his trench coat to go find his suit only to take it off when he flies away.

It's CG just for the trailer. It looks like a last minute slap-on job. Why do you also think the trailer hasn't been released online in high quality. Looks like a rush job to come in time with X3 movie.

AgentPAt, do you have something we dont?

Naite22 said:
and that's how it should be... But the scene where he's rushing off to save the plane, is surposedly the scene where he runs down an alley and does the rip (at least one of them) only to reveal a white t-shirt. That's the FIRST TIME we will see him do the shirt rip in the movie... and even though I like the idea of him ripping open his t-shirt only to see a white t-shirt underneath, I dont think that it should be the VERY first time he's doing that shirt rip in the film.. that moment is surpose to be huge, nastolgic and EPIC... but looking at how the movie is put together, the first time we see him doing the rip will also be that same time he has a white t-shirt under.. a bit dumb isn't it?
No, I think it makes the climactic shirt rip to the suit more dramatic. More meaningful.

how can he forget that he made a conscious decision of not donning the suit?? is he super-******ed?

M.O.Steel said:
how can he forget that he made a conscious decision of not donning the suit?? is he super-******ed?
He makes a conscious choice. He sees someone in distress, Lois in particular and out of reaction immediately runs down an alleyway to do a shirt rip. How is this difficult to understand?

It addresses the consequences of his conscious choice not to be Superman. I think its poignant and relevant to the story arc that Singer is going for.

Sure he has to be perfect right? He is human in his ways like all of us! Geez...

theogt said:
He makes a conscious choice. He sees someone in distress, Lois in particular and out of reaction immediately runs down an alleyway to do a shirt rip. How is this difficult to understand?

It addresses the consequences of his conscious choice not to be Superman. I think its poignant and relevant to the story arc that Singer is going for.

I think that dude just got what do u call it "OWNED":up:

I am fine with them having him run off out of instinct and do the rip to only a white shirt, showing how he is in his blood, and always will be, Superman. He can't escape it as it is his nature.

Aslong as we do get a REAL shirt rip later. Not just one while he's flying up the elevator, but a real one.

speaking of, what happen to the roof of the elevator???

its just a stupid shirt rip for god sakes...

why arent we arguing about him not punching through a wall in the movie?

xwolverine2 said:
its just a stupid shirt rip for god sakes...

why arent we arguing about him not punching through a wall in the movie?
The shirt rip is fundamental to the Superman mythos, dude.

Save it for the end of the movie. Cause honestly from the novelization there really isnt a good place and time to do. Cause you want that frist shirt rip to be BOOOOOOOOO YAAAAAA!!!!! It cant be where he is running down the alley. Well i guess it could but i like the other idea from the book better. Shows hes not quite on his game

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"