man wearing Optimus Prime t-shirt gets stopped from boarding airplane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DorkyFresh

Sum Dum Goy
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been posted.

Transformers shirt gets jet ban
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1234193.ece

transformer_675685e.jpg

AIRPORT guards stopped a man boarding a plane — for wearing a Transformers T-shirt showing a cartoon gun.

Brad Jayakody, 30, was shocked when he was told to change his top if he wanted to catch his flight from Heathrow’s Terminal 5.

IT consultant Brad — on a British Airways trip with four colleagues to Dusseldorf, Germany — asked to see the security chief.

He thought the boss would "see sense" — but he backed up the decision and threatened him with ARREST. Aussie-born Brad said: "My mate set off the alarms and was searched.

"But then the guy told me to stop and said ‘you cannot get on the plane because there is a gun on your T-shirt’."

The top has the Transformers film character Optimus Prime on the front.

Brad, of Bayswater, West London, added: "It’s a cartoon robot with a gun as an arm. What was I going to do, use the shirt to pretend I have a gun?

"I was flabbergasted. I thought the supervisor would come over and see sense, but he didn’t. After I changed he said if I changed back I would be arrested."

A spokesman for Heathrow operator BAA said: "If a T-shirt had a rude word or a bomb on it for example, a passenger may be asked to remove it.

"We are investigating what happened to see if it came under this category."

Last year Gatwick guards made a woman hand over a beef sandwich before boarding and last week a PhD student was stopped for wearing a gun-shaped charm necklace at an airport in Canada.

What a ridiculous story.

Old...we already had a thread.

Old...we already had a thread.
well, i did a search for "Jayakody" (the guy with the shirt) for all of the forums and i didn't get any results, but like i said....sorry.

well, i did a search for "Jayakody" (the guy with the shirt) for all of the forums and i didn't get any results, but like i said....sorry.
Meh it doesn't matter...let the MOD's do their job instead of eating cheetos and squabbling over DBella.

Are we sure this guy wasn't wearing a hoodie and shorts too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"