Superman Returns Shirt-rip in the NEWEST trailer: Real or CG?

DvilDog said:
Save it for the end of the movie. Cause honestly from the novelization there really isnt a good place and time to do. Cause you want that frist shirt rip to be BOOOOOOOOO YAAAAAA!!!!! It cant be where he is running down the alley. Well i guess it could but i like the other idea from the book better. Shows hes not quite on his game
Yes, the very last scene would be great. He hear's something and then runs down the alley and does the shirt rip. Screen pauses in mid rip and cut to credits.

explode7 said:
I think that dude just got what do u call it "OWNED":up:

not really, i think the problem isn't that it's completely fine that he didn't have it underneath his shirt. If anything, i completely agree with the plot point that he made a conscious decision of not wearing it, because he feels that it's not necessary for him to play the role of superman anymore.

That's not the issue here. The issue is, how can he forget?? that's like you going outside with just a sweater on and nothign underneath, and then when it got hot, you took off your sweater, but wait, you forget you don't have a shirt underneath. He hasn't been superman in 6 years, and he made a conscious decision of not being superman, how can he FORGET that doesn't have teh suit underneath??

I'm not saying that superman is stupid, i'm saying that if that's singer's explanation, that he pauses and forgot that he doesn't have a suit underneath, then that's poor directing, (just like wolverine coming from behind the sentinal head as a reflection of ratner's poor directing). And before all you fanboys think i'm dissign singer, I'm not. I'm saying there must be a better explanation than what you guys have come up with so far.

theogt said:
He makes a conscious choice. He sees someone in distress, Lois in particular and out of reaction immediately runs down an alleyway to do a shirt rip. How is this difficult to understand?

It addresses the consequences of his conscious choice not to be Superman. I think its poignant and relevant to the story arc that Singer is going for.

i completely agree...but you missed my point. I'm not saying why doesn't he have teh suit, or why is he doign a shirt-rip, and becoming superman. It's obvious that the plane sequenceb and lois drives him to become superman again. What i'm saying is that how could he forget taht he didn't ahve a suit on underneath. You can't possible tell me that's the answer, he forgot???

naite are you serious? i mena just look at the footage. look at the GIF. it is to obvious that it is CGI.

you are so obssesed with this movie and how good it is that you dont even see the flaws. fact is that it is CGI and fact is that it looks extreme fake. but i guess since they made this only for a trailer it doesnt matter that it looks so bad right?
it is there to confuse people. and i must admit that WB proved me wrong. they are so smart to made a CGI suit to confuse peopel so that they are suprised in the movie. the question now is: if they are going so far to make a CGI suit to suprise people........how far are they going to make a twist i nthe movie?
to be honest i am now starting to belive that there is something more in this movie something that WB si trying to hide.

and of course there is another option: they will reveal everything. they will spoil the whoel story. they already showed one of the biggest scene between lex and superman.lex stabing superman. but they are tring to hide this?

we will see. bottom line: i am having again hope that singer is having some influnce in the promotion of hes movie and that he wants to hide some scenes,story details.

june 30 for you and end july for me.

millennium movies said:
Sure he has to be perfect right? He is human in his ways like all of us! Geez...

his powers make him superman, his imperfections makes him human...he makes mistakes we all make...forgetting you don't have a article of clothing (not just a regular undershirt, we're talking aobut the symbol of his heritage) after 6 years of not beign superman, and then making a conscious decision the morning of not becoming superman, that doesn't make sense and isn't a mistake we all make...not being superman, human mistake

ok...when i made that comment, i certainly didn't realize this is what would come out of it...this is nitpicking, even on my part, so i've made my case, and am ending it with this. If you guys wanna keep going, please do so by all means...i said my 2 cents...:supes:

M.O.Steel said:
his powers make him superman, his imperfections makes him human...he makes mistakes we all make...forgetting you don't have a article of clothing (not just a regular undershirt, we're talking aobut the symbol of his heritage) after 6 years of not beign superman, and then making a conscious decision the morning of not becoming superman, that doesn't make sense and isn't a mistake we all make...not being superman, human mistake

ok...when i made that comment, i certainly didn't realize this is what would come out of it...this is nitpicking, even on my part, so i've made my case, and am ending it with this. If you guys wanna keep going, please do so by all means...i said my 2 cents...:supes:

Did you maybe consider he just returned to metropolis? Perhaps his suit is still in his big luggage we saw he had as he came back to the Planet. Is it so hard to understand that someone after might forget something? This is supposed to be a simple little joke why make so much out of it? Even Superman can forget, specialy with all his other worries, the kid, lois being engaged, martha having a new man etc...

PS: Cinemaman it IS CGI!

hey i also wanna know what happened to the elevator?, does it not have a roof or something? i mean come on, and then droppin his pants and shirt on top of it, hello cables, elevator could get stuck genius lol heh. he should do that spidey thing, u know webb it up in some wall or somethin heh, but i guess clark isnt as broke as peter is, he gets a fat check from da planet. :)

millennium movies said:
...This is supposed to be a simple little joke...
prize2.gif

Think "sight gag" folks. It's a little different than what people are speculating, but it'll work. You'll see. :)

dark_b said:
naite are you serious? i mena just look at the footage. look at the GIF. it is to obvious that it is CGI.

you are so obssesed with this movie and how good it is that you dont even see the flaws. fact is that it is CGI and fact is that it looks extreme fake. but i guess since they made this only for a trailer it doesnt matter that it looks so bad right?
it is there to confuse people. and i must admit that WB proved me wrong. they are so smart to made a CGI suit to confuse peopel so that they are suprised in the movie. the question now is: if they are going so far to make a CGI suit to suprise people........how far are they going to make a twist i nthe movie?
to be honest i am now starting to belive that there is something more in this movie something that WB si trying to hide.

and of course there is another option: they will reveal everything. they will spoil the whoel story. they already showed one of the biggest scene between lex and superman.lex stabing superman. but they are tring to hide this?

we will see. bottom line: i am having again hope that singer is having some influnce in the promotion of hes movie and that he wants to hide some scenes,story details.

june 30 for you and end july for me.
Are you saying "you" to me??? as in you think I'm getting the movie on June 30'th!?? Oh man LOL, I wish pal... I live in Denmark and the movie over here is released on August 4'th... so very dissapointing!:(

About the suit beeing CG or not, I think it's a dumb move either way...

it wont be like that in the movie naite.

:)

and i understand your pain.. july for me.

:(

two words....
so what
they whipped something together for a trailer
i bet half the people that were watching it were like
"dayyyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuum SUPAMAN JUST RIPPED HIS BEST SHIRT!"
and then they saw in awe of the rest of the trailer
i mean you guys are taking this movie for granted
we could have ended up with gus gorman again
or worse
nuclear man

theogt said:
When the shot was actually filmed he ripped to a white shirt. It is CG. Whether it'll be a rip to white shirt or not in the movie, no one knows.

right on :up:

M.O.Steel said:
not really, i think the problem isn't that it's completely fine that he didn't have it underneath his shirt. If anything, i completely agree with the plot point that he made a conscious decision of not wearing it, because he feels that it's not necessary for him to play the role of superman anymore.

That's not the issue here. The issue is, how can he forget?? that's like you going outside with just a sweater on and nothign underneath, and then when it got hot, you took off your sweater, but wait, you forget you don't have a shirt underneath. He hasn't been superman in 6 years, and he made a conscious decision of not being superman, how can he FORGET that doesn't have teh suit underneath??

I'm not saying that superman is stupid, i'm saying that if that's singer's explanation, that he pauses and forgot that he doesn't have a suit underneath, then that's poor directing, (just like wolverine coming from behind the sentinal head as a reflection of ratner's poor directing). And before all you fanboys think i'm dissign singer, I'm not. I'm saying there must be a better explanation than what you guys have come up with so far.
Perfect example. Sometimes I leave the house without my watch or without my cell. Even if I know that I don't have them on me several times throughout the day I'll reach in my pocket for my cell phone or I'll look at my wrist for my watch. It's a reaction because I'm used to it. Same with Superman and his suit. That's how he can FORGET. It's very simple.

h0metwnhero said:
two words....
so what
they whipped something together for a trailer
i bet half the people that were watching it were like
"dayyyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuum SUPAMAN JUST RIPPED HIS BEST SHIRT!"
and then they saw in awe of the rest of the trailer
i mean you guys are taking this movie for granted
we could have ended up with gus gorman again
or worse
nuclear man
I can asure you my dear friend, I'm NOT taking this movie for granded.. I've followed the progress of superman's return to the big screen for over 10 years now.. I've read everything and been up to date on everything regarding a possible new superman movie getting the green light. Oh yeah, I was there when MgM had the project, I lived through the horrible times when Tim Burton was head of the project, starring Nick Gage as superman... I followed every one who was concidered for the part, and I preyed for it not to be true... I never forget when Jon Peters was close to be getting the rights to make the new superman movie... It was scary times!... So when I heard that Mr. Bryan Singer FINALLY got the project and brought it back to WB I was screaming in joy... further more I learned that he wanted to cast an unknown for the part of supes... LOVED IT!... I loved everything I heard from then on, and it has only gotten better.. when I saw the Comic-Con footage (from the blog) way back last summer, and saw Routh on the farm and in the planet, my only reply was "This could be very big!"... It was so obvious that they were going for a classic approach, following in the footsteps of Donner's first movie... I tell you man, I'm one happy camper, and if you truely ask me, I think there's a very good chance that "SUPERMAN RETURNS" will be the best superhero movie to date!!

Just to think how bad things actually could've gotten for this movie... Oh man, I'm shaking just thinking about it.. The rights for this movie/project, has been thrown BACK & FORTH more times than a tennis ball, for christ sakes! After everything that could've happened, thinking of how bad things could've turned out for the man of steel... just knowing that this movie is due release in under a month, and that it's BRYAN (****ING) SINGER making this thing (in the right true spirit of the character!), makes me more happy than you can emagine.. I have a very STRONG believe that this film will be the superhero movie of all time!

my good sir i wasnt talking about anybody in particular
its just that so many people seemed to be outraged
by such small things, like a cgi sequence for a trailer
or no yellow s on the cape
and last but not least
the ever so daunting neck line
ive stayed true through it all, even when i heard polar bears were going to be guarding the FOS.
a lil cgi, even one proabobly made for a trailer, never killed anybody.

This is one particular instance where I don't think anyone is "outraged" that its CGI. They're just noting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"