• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Short Wrestling Documentary

Buttman

Son Of The Demon
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to post something I've been working on for the last couple of months. Its a short film about pro wrestling called A Good Living. It features a famous face, if wrestling is your deal.

Not sure how to post a Vimeo vid directly, so I'll just have to link.

http://vimeo.com/12858935

A Good Living is a short documentary exploring behind the scenes the world of Professional Wrestling. I shot the film between February and March 2010 on a JVC HD110 camera, with the standard lens. It was then edited with Final Cut.

The footage is mostly what was shot in camera, bar a few colour corrections and dead pixel removal.

A great deal of footage was shot, but had to be removed to fit the 5 minute limit imposed. I'm working on a longer cut, incorporating more of the material especially the interviews which were mostly removed from this version. I almost think of this version as a trailer for what will come.

All the wrestling featured comes from Garage Pro Wrestling (or GPW), and they host a show once a month in Wigan, Greater Manchester. For more details on their shows, you can visit their website at: gpwrestling.org.uk/

All the training footage is courtesy of Future Shock Wrestling, or FSW. Twice weekly FSW run a training school in the Manchester area. They also host their own monthly shows, based in the North West of England. They can be found at: myspace.com/futureshockwrestling

With special thanks to David Cash, for taking time out of his busy schedule to talk to a lowly film maker.

Let me know what you guys think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"