Infinity War Should Avengers Infinity War Part 1 have another villain?

KangConquers

Purple Kang, Purple Kang
Reaction score
A big issue with a lot of two part films is that the first film is a lot of talking and setup, with all the action taking place in the second part. The easy way to remedy this in my opinion is to work a villain into part 1. Maybe this villain possesses the final Infinity Stone that Thanos needs for the gauntlet, which would work it into the plot organically, but I really feel like Infinity War Part 1 needs some sort of defining action that allows it to stand alone better as a film. Since they obviously won't be defeating Thanos in part 1, maybe Kang or Korvac could work?

I'd say that they could have the Black Order as the villains in Part 1, with Thanos behind the scenes, but showing up on earth at the end of the movie and defeating the Avengers or Guardians.

Kang in part 1.... oh man....

that'd be amazing.

Loki will more than likely be in it

Thanos will have some sort of army or something to keep the Avengers busy. The focus of Part 1 will probably be him assembling the Gauntlet and the Avengers trying to stop him. Loki will take part, and unless Hydra's completely dissolved in AoU, they'll likely still have some sort of role (although the sceptre will likely not be with them by the end of the movie). Maybe some variant on the Cabal or something?

KAAAAAAAANG.

I don't expect the "classic" roster to stick around after Infinity War, so we need them to face off against one of the most classic villains before it's the New Avengers or whatever they decide to do. RDJ and Chris Evans are gonna leave based off comments they and others have said. But Iron Man and Captain America must meet Kang.

KAAAAAAAANG.

I don't expect the "classic" roster to stick around after Infinity War, so we need them to face off against one of the most classic villains before it's the New Avengers or whatever they decide to do. RDJ and Chris Evans are gonna leave based off comments they and others have said. But Iron Man and Captain America must meet Kang.

RDJ has said that he is in negotiations to appear in more Marvel films. Just not Iron Man 4 for the foreseeable future. Evans is only 33. He wants to do other things but hasn't ruled out coming back as Cap.

They will both be in Avengers Infinity. Even if Cap is killed in Civil war I could see them bringing him back via the time gem.
I'd have the 1st part of Infinity as Thanos collecting the gems. He destorys the Nova Corps. Kills the Collector and takes the Aether. Collects the Tesseract and Scepter from Loki. Gets the Soul gem from Warlock. Guardians then flee with the time gem to Earth. Here they get Tony's Avengers to help them try and defend it from Thanos. Thanos easily defeats them.
Tony then uses the time gem to go back and save Caps life and tells him what will happen in the future. Tony returns. Thanos tells him he was a fool that the human body isn't strong enough to use the power of the gem. Tony tells him he was storng enough to do what he needed. Then all the rest of Earths heroes and Asgardians etc... turn up led by Cap.
Thanos tells them they are too late that he has what he wanted and teleports away.
Cap goes to Tony. Tony (dying) tells Cap he's sorry that he should have listened to him. Tony then dies.
Cap tells Tony's dead body that he will be avenged.
End of part 1.
Part 2 will be Marvel heroes taking the fight to Thanos.
They will defeat him although many will die including whole galaxies. Warlock then gets the Infinity Gauntlet. He puts everything back to how it was before (except Cap is now alive) for everyone involved it seems like a dream.
Can even have the ending with Warlock facing the Living Tribunal and other great forces. Where they tell him that he has to give up the power and split it.

RDJ has said that he is in negotiations to appear in more Marvel films. Just not Iron Man 4 for the foreseeable future. Evans is only 33. He wants to do other things but hasn't ruled out coming back as Cap.

They will both be in Avengers Infinity. Even if Cap is killed in Civil war I could see them bringing him back via the time gem.
I'd have the 1st part of Infinity as Thanos collecting the gems. He destorys the Nova Corps. Kills the Collector and takes the Aether. Collects the Tesseract and Scepter from Loki. Gets the Soul gem from Warlock. Guardians then flee with the time gem to Earth. Here they get Tony's Avengers to help them try and defend it from Thanos. Thanos easily defeats them.
Tony then uses the time gem to go back and save Caps life and tells him what will happen in the future. Tony returns. Thanos tells him he was a fool that the human body isn't strong enough to use the power of the gem. Tony tells him he was storng enough to do what he needed. Then all the rest of Earths heroes and Asgardians etc... turn up led by Cap.
Thanos tells them they are too late that he has what he wanted and teleports away.
Cap goes to Tony. Tony (dying) tells Cap he's sorry that he should have listened to him. Tony then dies.
Cap tells Tony's dead body that he will be avenged.
End of part 1.
Part 2 will be Marvel heroes taking the fight to Thanos.
They will defeat him although many will die including whole galaxies. Warlock then gets the Infinity Gauntlet. He puts everything back to how it was before (except Cap is now alive) for everyone involved it seems like a dream.
Can even have the ending with Warlock facing the Living Tribunal and other great forces. Where they tell him that he has to give up the power and split it.

The audience won't go for that. Not only will the Time Gem seem like a huge Deus Ex Machina, but invalidating the whole of the previous part 1 or even most of Phase 3 to restore the status quo will be unacceptable to audiences. Even if it's not literally a dream, to make it all wiped away in that fashion is too much like the season of Dallas where everything was undone by making it all a dream. The show jumped the shark after that.

Also, Whedon wouldn't ever have everything easily swept under the carpet. He won't restore the status quo but will want everyone to have to live with the consequences and ramifications of the battle with Thanos.

Otherwise why doesn't Warlock go one better and undo the events of Age of Ultron and Civil War so that there was never all this destruction at the hands of Ultron and there was never a rift between Cap and Iron Man? Or maybe even undo the battle of New York.

The audience won't go for that. Not only will the Time Gem seem like a huge Deus Ex Machina, but invalidating the whole of the previous part 1 or even most of Phase 3 to restore the status quo will be unacceptable to audiences. Even if it's not literally a dream, to make it all wiped away in that fashion is too much like the season of Dallas where everything was undone by making it all a dream. The show jumped the shark after that.

Also, Whedon wouldn't ever have everything easily swept under the carpet. He won't restore the status quo but will want everyone to have to live with the consequences and ramifications of the battle with Thanos.

Otherwise why doesn't Warlock go one better and undo the events of Age of Ultron and Civil War so that there was never all this destruction at the hands of Ultron and there was never a rift between Cap and Iron Man? Or maybe even undo the battle of New York.

Was just thinking that it would be a way to kill off a lot of characters without destroying their franchises. Maybe they could have full memories of events. But if they didn't the audience will know what happened.
Just think that there really needs to be some casualties.
As for why would Warlock not undo things happening previous to Infinity. Because he did not know about them. All he knows is the damage that Thanos has done to the Universe and would want to put right.

Don't worry Feige and the team will probably come up with a totally different idea for the films.

invalidating the whole of the previous part 1 or even most of Phase 3 to restore the status quo will be unacceptable to audiences.

Invalidating prior movies won't go over well...unless it's DOFP. :oldrazz:

For real, you're right though. The Time Gem will have to be used sparingly. And the aftermath/outcome of Infinity War should remain intact. One fantastic thing about the MCU is watching our heroes grow as a result of the repercussions of previous movies/events. Just like how The Battle of New York influenced so much of Phase 2, the culmination of the Infinity War story will inform our heroes and universe for future phases.

Invalidating prior movies won't go over well...unless it's DOFP. :oldrazz:

For real, you're right though. The Time Gem will have to be used sparingly. And the aftermath/outcome of Infinity War should remain intact. One fantastic thing about the MCU is watching our heroes grow as a result of the repercussions of previous movies/events. Just like how The Battle of New York influenced so much of Phase 2, the culmination of the Infinity War story will inform our heroes and universe for future phases.

So you wouldn't kill off any heroes? If you do you will probably have to bring them back at a later time. At least this way it would fit and not be an after thought like X-Men bringing back Xavier.
It would also allow you to do some serious damage to Earth. Destroy London, Paris, Tokyo, New York etc...take humanity to the very brink of destruction. Hell even destroy earth. Bring a proper meaning for the name Avenger.
When I said the heroes would feel like it was a dream, I meant they have memories of what happened but it would be surreal. Some of them would have experienced their own deaths. They would have experienced losing everything. It would leave a much bigger impression than fighting Thanos and beating him without any loss.
Cap, Thor, Iron Man and Hulk would be available to return to their roles in the future.

I think our favorite heroes should be killed off. It will have been a great by run, "nothing lasts forever" so let our Avengers go with finality. And let the new ones survive to carry the torch

I think our favorite heroes should be killed off. It will have been a great by run, "nothing lasts forever" so let our Avengers go with finality. And let the new ones survive to carry the torch

Yet there are still lots of stories that can be told about them. I don't want them to reboot in 15 years. I want the same characters (not necessarily the same actors) to be a part of those stories. With the experiences that they have gained through Civil War and Infinity. Evans is only 33. Hugh Jackman is still playing Wolverine at 46 and will be for the next couple of years. Hemsworth is only 31.

Let them have a break for 5 years. Then see if they want to come back. RDJ might even come back. Yes he's getting old. But most of the action would be with him inside a helmet. They can even appear in cameos.

Last edited:
Yet there are still lots of stories that can be told about them. I don't want them to reboot in 15 years. I want the same characters (not necessarily the same actors) to be a part of those stories. With the experiences that they have gained through Civil War and Infinity. Evans is only 33. Hugh Jackman is still playing Wolverine at 46 and will be for the next couple of years. Hemsworth is only 31.

Let them have a break for 5 years. Then see if they want to come back. RDJ might even come back. Yes he's getting old. But most of the action would be with him inside a helmet. They can even appear in cameos.

Marvel should film hundreds of inside helmet reaction shots for RDJ as he is now, and then they can use them in the future and he can just do voice overs later to add dialogue.

Marvel should film hundreds of inside helmet reaction shots for RDJ as he is now, and then they can use them in the future and he can just do voice overs later to add dialogue.
Genius! Then our grandkids can watch new RDJ Avengers films while every other character has been recast 15 times. ;)

I don't know if it's in Part 1 but I expect that Thanos' team, the Black Order, will appear just so the entire movie isn't the team fighting one person.

Black_Order_(Earth-616)_0002.jpg

If Marvel really want any of these actors they'll be able to afford them after Infinity War. No franchise will have made that kind of money worldwide and those same actors will not get similar salaries that they can negotiate at that point that they can on the likes of Sherlock. If Marvel deem that to be too expensive or the actors just would rather work on pet projects than for the most money (as they'd probably have plenty by then) then of course they can part ways amicably.

I don't know if it's in Part 1 but I expect that Thanos' team, the Black Order, will appear just so the entire movie isn't the team fighting one person.

Black_Order_(Earth-616)_0002.jpg

I do hope we'll see the Black Order.

Is the Other meant to be Corvus Glaive though, or the two characters merged? He looks very similar and Glaive is normally Thanos's right hand man isn't he? Does the Other normally look like that?

So you wouldn't kill off any heroes? If you do you will probably have to bring them back at a later time. At least this way it would fit and not be an after thought like X-Men bringing back Xavier.
It would also allow you to do some serious damage to Earth. Destroy London, Paris, Tokyo, New York etc...take humanity to the very brink of destruction. Hell even destroy earth. Bring a proper meaning for the name Avenger.

...It would leave a much bigger impression than fighting Thanos and beating him without any loss...

If heroes need to be killed for the sake of the story then do so. But bringing them back may be a touchy subject, and will have to be done incredibly well. The MCU is notorious for character "revivals" (Coulson, Loki, Fury, Bucky) and I'm not sure continuing to invalidate character deaths is in the MCU's best interest.

I also don't think completely reversing the effects of an entire movie or two would sit well with audiences. I like our characters feeling the repercussions of prior films and events, it helps them grow and informs their character arcs in future stories.

So, in summary, kill a character if you have to, but if you're bringing them back you better make sure there's damn good reason. I think the only character revival I could conceive that would go over very well would be Cap dying at the end of Civil War and Tony using the Time Gem (and maybe sacrificing himself) in Infinity War to revive him and lead the team to victory.

I do hope we'll see the Black Order.

Is the Other meant to be Corvus Glaive though, or the two characters merged? He looks very similar and Glaive is normally Thanos's right hand man isn't he? Does the Other normally look like that?

I think Corvus Glaive might have been created after the Other as a nod to him. If he appears in the MCU maybe he'll be the replacement for the Other since Ronan killed him.

I'd like to see the Black Order and their inclusion would make sense. Would make the high level battles more interesting if Thanos has competent lieutenants.

I think Thanos should absolutely be the primary villain through both films. Though I would understand the desire to have some kind of sub-villain to be dealt with in the first film to give it some sense of closure before the real Big Bad of Thanos is dealt with in part 2.

Agreed, Keyser. And the sub-villain could be a Thanos lackey ala Loki, The Other and Ronan, so that it's at least still connected to the main Infinity Gauntlet plot.

I personally would like to see Loki fill the role Mephisto took in the Infinity Gauntlet comic: by Thanos' side, acting as a curious observer to Thanos' magnificence and feigning loyalty, but just waiting for the right moment to betray him.

I just want to see this scene.

IP0Ekmg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"