Villain hopes for Phase 3?

KangConquers

Purple Kang, Purple Kang
Reaction score
I'd like to see...

Captain America: The Civil War - Baron Zemo / Masters of Evil
Doctor Strange- Baron Mordo (Dormammu as a background villain)
Guardians of the Galaxy- Korvac (Thanos in the background)
Thor: Ragnarok - Loki, Enchantress, Surtur
Black Panther- Klaw
Avengers: Infinity War Part 1- Kang (Thanos in the Background)
Ms. Marvel- Moonstone (Thanos in the background)
The Inhumans- Maelstrom (Thanos in the background)
Avengers: Infinity War Part 2- Thanos w/ the full Gauntlet.

I'd add Hela to Thor: Ragnarok

I'd like to see...

Captain America: The Civil War - i would still love to see the serpent squad but I think they'll get pushed out to make tony the antoganist
Doctor Strange- dormammu with baron mordo being a competitive antoganist setting up the sequel
Guardians of the Galaxy- gee I wish I could say galactus. Maybe war of kings? If I was kevin feige I would make the Inhumans as soon as possible for this reason.
Thor: Ragnarok - Surtur
Black Panther- klaw and Moses magnum
Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 Thanos
Ms. Marvel- the Kree/skull empires
The Inhumans- lockjaw! Just kidding, it has to be Maximus
Avengers: Infinity War Part 2- Thanos w/ the full Gauntlet and adam warlocks evil side

Wow what a great phase we're going into!

Perhaps they can shift Serpent Society over to Netflix and be in some of those MCU shows. The Defenders vs Serpent Society, that could work.

I could also see them appearing in Agents of SHIELD.

That being said, future Captain America or Winter Soldier movies are possible, which would open the way for the Serpent Society as villains.

Feige should have just left it without a title before the big reveal. Now we all want a Serpent Society movie ;)

I would hope they save Kang for Phase 4. He's too good of a villain to waste IMO for just one flick. And maybe by then if we're lucky Marvel can get the FF back along with the Rama Tut part of his story.

Marvel needs to be really careful with their villains and plot lines from here on out so things don't seem like they are just following a cookie cutter template every time. You already have the two brothers Thor and Loki where Loki tries to steal the throne. Black Bolt has Maximus his mad brother trying to steal the throne. T'Challa has M'Baku trying to usurp the throne of Wakanda. Throw in Aquaman and his brother Orm trying to steal the throne of Atlantis. General audiences are totally going to burn out on this stuff and say it's all the same.

We're about to be slammed by a tsunami of comic book movies over the next five years. Each of these properties need to distinguish themselves in some unique way. Obviously Marvel has no control over what DC does, but I'm very interested to see how they handle their own stuff. Surely they must be aware of this challenge.

I'd like to see...

:wow:

What if Marvel combined the Thunderbolts storyline with Civil War? What if instead of Captain America vs. Iron Man, it's Cap vs. Citizen V?

I hope the Red Skull makes a comeback. One way or the other, I'm sure we'll see Crossbones in Civil War.

Captain America: Civil War- Iron Man and Cap are going to be going against each other, but I think there will be a villain in the background taking advantage of the situation. It could be Baron Von Strucker or Red Skull returning or the introduction of Baron Zemo. I also expect Crossbones. He was obviously set up for a return.

Doctor Strange: Baron Mordo and Dormammu. There are no other choices.

GOTG 2: I'm thinking Magus and the church of universal truth. They have to set up Warlock before Infinity War.

Thor: Raganarok: I've always had this theory that Loki really did die, but he offered his daughter Hela Odin's soul in place of his. So when **** starts hitting the fan with Surtur, Loki and Thor travel to Hel and must rescue Odin. The climax of the film would be the Loki/Odin/Thor vs. Surtur battle from the Simonson run.

Black Panther; Klaw seems the obvious choice, although I can see them adding another minor villain.

Avengers: Infinty War: I think part 1 is Thanos finally collecting all the pieces and part 2 is him with the Gaunlet. I'm really hoping Death plays a role similar to the comics and that perhaps Loki takes Mephisto's spot from the comics.

I don't know enough about Inhumans and Captain Marvel to speculate.

I'd like to see...

Doctor Strange- Baron Mordo (Dormammu as a background villain)
Guardians of the Galaxy- Korvac (Thanos in the background)
Thor: Ragnarok - Loki, Enchantress, Surtur
Black Panther- Klaw
Avengers: Infinity War Part 1- Kang (Thanos in the Background)
Ms. Marvel- Moonstone (Thanos in the background)
The Inhumans- Maelstrom (Thanos in the background)
Avengers: Infinity War Part 2- Thanos w/ the full Gauntlet.

I agree with most of this, but:

CACW: I doubt Zemo/MOE play a part at all. Tony will, of course, be the main antagonist, but he'll still be a hero; the actual villain behind the scenes will be someone else, and I'm betting it'll involve Red Skull being "summoned" to the modern world by the machinations of Android Zola (whose main goal all along for the past 70 years has secretly been the search for Red Skull). Skully then employs Crossbones to take down Cap as he's going to trial for CW. CACW ends with Bucky picking up Cap's shield.

GOTG2: I doubt Korvac. I think Thanos gets more lovin' here as a direct opponent of the Guardians this time. This may or may not involve the addition of Hulk to the cast, as Planet Hulk rumors are still out there from reliable sources.

Infinity War: *Has* to be Thanos, in both parts.

Captain Marvel: I'm sure will be a more cosmic opponent. I'd like to see Annihilus or the Skrulls; hopefully Fox loses the rights to those characters by then.

Inhumans: *gotta* be Maximus the Mad. He *is* the archenemy.

I agree with most of this, but:

CACW: I doubt Zemo/MOE play a part at all. Tony will, of course, be the main antagonist, but he'll still be a hero; the actual villain behind the scenes will be someone else, and I'm betting it'll involve Red Skull being "summoned" to the modern world by the machinations of Android Zola (whose main goal all along for the past 70 years has secretly been the search for Red Skull). Skully then employs Crossbones to take down Cap as he's going to trial for CW. CACW ends with Bucky picking up Cap's shield.

GOTG2: I doubt Korvac. I think Thanos gets more lovin' here as a direct opponent of the Guardians this time. This may or may not involve the addition of Hulk to the cast, as Planet Hulk rumors are still out there from reliable sources.

Infinity War: *Has* to be Thanos, in both parts.

Captain Marvel: I'm sure will be a more cosmic opponent. I'd like to see Annihilus or the Skrulls; hopefully Fox loses the rights to those characters by then.

Inhumans: *gotta* be Maximus the Mad. He *is* the archenemy.

I...really don't agree with anything you said. No offense.

Captain America- What if Zemo lead a Thunderbolts army of criminals, sanctioned by the government to hunt down outlaw heroes...you know...like what Osborn did in the comics...

Guardians of the Galaxy 2- This film needs an actual villain, or else it will be a "setup" film, rather than an enjoyable cinematic experience of it's own. I want this to be a great stand alone that ties into the MCU, not an Iron Man 2 type film that exists only to further the agenda of the next MCU film. So I don't agree at all.

Avengers Infinity War Part 1: This film needs an actual climax, even if the climax just leads into the first film. Marvel's goal should be to create an enjoyable cinematic experience EVERY TIME. This should not be Deathly Hallows Part 1. Thanos can still have a major role in it. Imagine Thanos killing Kang with the Time gem to claim the final gem for the gauntlet as the climax of AIW P 1. That would be such a holy **** moment. vs. watching a bunch of characters sit around and talk and wonder what thanos is going to do. a'la, every other two part movie ever.

Captain Marvel- Not happening. Even if F4 falls through, Marvel won't have the F4 back by 2018. Also Danvers has nothing to do with the Skrulls or Annihilus. If they get Annihilus back, he should be in a Guardians or Nova film.

Inhumans- Maximus isn't an archenemy. He's a friendemy. He's basically Loki. Note how both Thor films had other villains (Laufey and Malekith) to make up for the fact that Loki is a "tweener." Inhumans would probably require something similar.

Captain America: Civil War - Iron Man (antagonist but not a true villain. I'd like for there to not be a clear cut good and evil)

Doctor Strange - Dormammu (He will hopefully go down with Jason Vorhees and Freddy Krueger as one of the greatest horror villains of all time. I support Keith Szarabajka in performance capture.)

Guardians 2 - Magus (He's a cult leader, he's in possession of the Time Gem and he also has a split personality. He has the potential to go down as an all-time great)

Thor: Ragnarok - Surtur (It's all but confirmed although I still hope the Enchantress can show up. My vote goes to Viva Bianca to play her.)

Black Panther - Klaw (This guy should just be a greedy jerk with no redeeming values to him. He just lives to exploit for his own gain as an unethical businessman.)

Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 - Thanos (The film needs to end with Terrigen mists spreading across Earth as a cliffhanger andhalf the Avengers and the Defenders all dead except for Luke Cage.)

Captain Marvel - Yon-Rogg, Supreme Intelligence and Shatterax (The Kree are needed to reconcile Carol with Mahr and kill Mahr off so Carol has a rivalry with Yon-Rogg. It's the only way to do one of Carol's most personal enemies right and we need the Kree for the origin to explain what an Inhuman is and how terrigen mists interact with Kree DNA along with how the Kree need to breed with compatible races due to their degeneration. Supreme Intelligence would be in the background as a bigger bad guy and Shatterax would just be a minion.)

Inhumans - Maximus (We need this guy as the bad guy for part 1 so he can redeem himself in sequels)

Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 -Thanos, Nebula and Gamora (Gamora should betray the Guardians and leave Drax as the only survivor, all of the remaining Avengers will die over the course of the film as will all the Inhumans. Drax needs to be the one to kill Thanos and bring everyone back to life. Gamora needs to be faking her treason as a means of helping Drax but can't blow her cover.)

So this is a great variety of villains. We get a hero vs hero conflict, a truly scary monster villain, a villain with both good and evil personalities, a Norse Kaiju and somebody who can manage to manipulate Loki himself, a truly despicable excuse for a human being, a villain who manages to kill the hero halfway through the movie, a villain who alter gets to redeem himself and or course a villain who manages to kill nearly everybody and destroy the world itself. It's a great variety of villains. Marvel just needs to not ruin things like that did with Malekith and make the bad guys have a real impact. I want to see the sympathetic ones get more complexity and great performances while the really evil ones have a huge fear factor to them. And Yon-Rogg should see himself as a patriot who killed a dangerous terrorist while holding the key to curing the Kree of their devolution. I feel like Yon-Rogg should see himself as the hero of the story and Carol as the villain.

Dr.Karla Sofen (for Captain Marvel) & Amora (for Thor: Ragnarok)

Captain America: Civil War - Cap vs. Tony, w/ Baron Zemo behind the scenes.

Dr. Strange - Dormammu and Baron Mordo

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - Magus (since they're almost certainly introducing Adam Warlock here, I feel like there's no other choice)

Thor: Ragnarok - Surtur and Enchantress

Black Panther - Klaw is obvious here.

Captain Marvel
- Yon-Rogg and his Kree forces (+Kree Sentry for the big weapon/battle)

Inhumans - I've never read an Inhumans comic in my life, so I have no clue. Will remedy that soon.

Infinity War - Thanos, obviously.

On a side note, I had completely forgotten Korvac existed until he was mentioned here, and while I don't think there's a place for him in Phase 3, now I really hope to see him in Phase 4. Maybe for GotG3 or something.

Last edited:
I agree with not having Skrulls in CM....but Marvel does have some of the rights to them from my understanding. One of the instances of sharing rights, with Fox's being slightly better because they alone have the concept of the Super Skrull I believe..

Captain America: Civil War - Cap vs. Tony, w/ Baron Zemo behind the scenes.

Dr. Strange - Dormammu and Baron Mordo

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - Magus (since they're almost certainly introducing Adam Warlock here, I feel like there's no other choice)

Thor: Ragnarok - Surtur and Enchantress

Black Panther - Klaw is obvious here.

Captain Marvel
- Yon-Rogg and his Kree forces (+Kree Sentry for the big weapon/battle)

Inhumans - I've never read an Inhumans comic in my life, so I have no clue. Will remedy that soon.

Infinity War - Thanos, obviously.

On a side note, I had completely forgotten Korvac existed until he was mentioned here, and while I don't think there's a place for him in Phase 3, now I really hope to see him in Phase 4. Maybe for GotG3 or something.

I agree with everything you just said but Crossbones in place of Zemo and Shatterax instead of the Kreee Sentry. The guy looks like this:

shatterax1.jpg

LOL, I've yet to meet ANYONE who has read an Inhumans comic. Marvel's certainly taking a risk on that one, but with their track record right now, who could doubt them?

I'm reading the current Inhumans comic (it's quite good) and I've read the Paul Jenkins stuff (which is fantastic). As for the list:

Captain America: Civil War-As much as I DO NOT want it (I hate CW), Tony will likely be the main antagonist. I'd prefer that it be someone like Zemo or Strucker with Crossbones and Sin as his henchmen, because I want the heroes fighting villains and not each other constantly (especially since they're at each other's throats in AOU).

Black Panther-Ulysses Klaw.

Doctor Strange-Baron Mordo (with Dormammu as a puppetmaster-type of villain).

Captain Marvel-Yon-Rogg and the Kree. Introduce Dr. Karla Sofen, but she doesn't actually become Moonstone until a future film.

Thor: Ragnorak-It's going to be Surtur, but I'd prefer that it be Amora the Enchantress (she should have the main villain of TDW and not Blandekith the Snooze-Inducing).

Inhumans-It's probably going to be Maximus the Mad. But they could also potentially use The Unspoken instead.

Avengers: Infinity War-Thanos obviously, potentially with his Black Order and whatever other cannon fodder that he's gotten ahold of this time.

LOL, I've yet to meet ANYONE who has read an Inhumans comic. Marvel's certainly taking a risk on that one, but with their track record right now, who could doubt them?

Eternals? Deviants?

That said, it just made sense to do an Inhumans film. Mostly since Captain Marvel is the bridge between Inhumans, Avengers and Guardians. The recent Infinity crossover had Thanos awaken Inhumans across the globe. And then when you look at who Marvel has left to develop, the only properties left to film are Eternals, Ghost Rider, Nova and Darkhawk. Among those, Eternals makes the most sense to come after Infinity War where we can explore how Thanos' own species reacted to his actions. Nova should be introduced in Guardians 3 since it makes more sense to introduce him as part of the team. Ghost Rider wouldn't really fit thematically with gap between both chapters of the fight with Thanos since he's not an Inhuman and it would just be a distraction. Darkhawk is just as obscure as Inhumans but he's one character when Inhumans are a whole team. The other options are would have been a Hulk sequel and a Black Widow film but if the Avengers, Defenders, Guardians, SHIELD and Inhumans were teaming up and Avengers 3 had to be split into two parts, then why either cut out a whole team of characters from the sequel just to develop one character or rush Avengers 3 and have it feel cluttered again, just to develop one character?

I feel like Hulk, Iron and Black Widow can get solo films in Phase 4 while Ghost Rider, Eternals and Darkhawk can also join the MCU.

Phase 4 should be this

She-Hulk, Blade, Moon Knight, Runaways and Punisher can all be done on a TV budget so I didn't include them and if Defenders hits in late 2016 or early 2017, there's no reason why Moon Knight and Punisher can't get their own Netflix series while Runaways can hit ABC Family at any point in time. So Phase 3 can get even bigger and the Phase 4 TV plans to introduce Blade and She-Hulk just ensure that Phase 4 will tap into every major property that Marvel owns. As in every A and B-list IP with the exception of Namor who'd be the Avengers 4 villain before getting his own film in Phase 5. And if FF and Sinister Six fail, I expect an FF reboot in late summer 2023 while Spider-Man would get a Netflix series. And if FF does flop, then Silver Surfer joins Phase 5 as well.

Eternals (August)
Ghost Rider (October)

Thunderbolts: Justice Like Lightning... Hail Hydra (March)
Iron Man: Armor Wars (May)
Hulk: Revenge of the Leader (August)
Darkhawk (December)

Black Widow: Homecoming (February)
Thor: Descent into Hel (May)
Inhumans 2 (July)
Guardians of the Galaxy: Celestial Madonna (November)

Black Panther: Rebellion (March)
Captain Marvel: War of the Marvels (May)
Captain America: Fallen Son (August)
Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme (October)

Mighty Avengers: Atlantis Attacks (May)
West Coast Avengers: Kang Dynasty (December)

Last edited:
I agree with everything you just said but Crossbones in place of Zemo and Shatterax instead of the Kreee Sentry. The guy looks like this:

shatterax1.jpg

Not bad, they're both Kree creations so that or some sort of hybrid of the two could work just fine. :up:

As for Crossbones, I'm not sure Grillo's "main villain" material, though really, I'm just dying to see Baron Zemo, lol.

Well, I feel like the status of the Guardians was similar when they first announced that, and now their books are doing great. I know I had never heard of them when they announced it, but I quickly became a total fangirl of the Abnett/Lanning run in particular, so hey, gotta love that synergy.

I'd imagine the comic sales of all 3 of their new Phase 3 IP's are gonna shoot up over the next few years. I'm certainly hoping that's the case with Captain Marvel, because Kelly Sue's book deserves a much higher readership than it gets, imo.

Last edited:
I'd also be partial to having another villain be the focus of Infinity War Part 1, with Thanos still having a huge role, if only to avoid some of the problems divided films have. Though I wouldn't use Kang for that. Maybe Korvac, or possibly a reimagined Controller could work.

I'd also like to see Zemo in CACW as well. Its time for him to appear and there should still be a proper villain manipulating events despite Iron Man's presence.

The Magus and Universal Church of Truth are the natural choices for GOTG2, IMO. Klaw and Baron Mordo seem like givens for Black Panther and Dr. Strange respectively.

Emperor Palpatine's ghost, because I feel like annoying you guys who can't just simply sit back, relax, and enjoy the damn movie.

Emperor Palpatine's ghost, because I feel like annoying you guys who can't just simply sit back, relax, and enjoy the damn movie.

Is there some other reason, then, that you joined a discussion forum named "SUPERHERO HYPE" which is dedicated to, you know, hyping superhero movies? Because if you *don't* like to discuss what you think about superhero movies past, present, and future, I don't know why you're even here.

Is there some other reason, then, that you joined a discussion forum named "SUPERHERO HYPE" which is dedicated to, you know, hyping superhero movies? Because if you *don't* like to discuss what you think about superhero movies past, present, and future, I don't know why you're even here.

Dude, don't be that guy. I just wanted to make a joke. I've been contributing to other threads.

Not bad, they're both Kree creations so that or some sort of hybrid of the two could work just fine. :up:

As for Crossbones, I'm not sure Grillo's "main villain" material, though really, I'm just dying to see Baron Zemo, lol.

Well, I feel like the status of the Guardians was similar when they first announced that, and now their books are doing great. I know I had never heard of them when they announced it, but I quickly became a total fangirl of the Abnett/Lanning run in particular, so hey, gotta love that synergy.

I'd imagine the comic sales of all 3 of their new Phase 3 IP's are gonna shoot up over the next few years. I'm certainly hoping that's the case with Captain Marvel, because Kelly Sue's book deserves a much higher readership than it gets, imo.

You mean the 4 new IPs. You forgot either Doctor Strange or Inhumans. And Iron Man will still be the main antagonist. Crossbones would be working behind the scenes and Zemo would just make things convoluted. I'd save him for Thunderbolts come Phase 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"