BvS Should Batman v Superman end on a Cliffhanger?

tumblr_lkhszen6mN1qzjzog.gif

depend what kind of cliffhanger do we want........something that set up Justice league movie? I think some glimpse of Project Cadmus would be ideal?

They could kill Superman off and still have him be the one to bring the other heroes together in JL. Kind of like how in Starcrossed the heroes had to go undeground after the planet was taken over, Superman, maybe with a knowing Batman, could secretly be bringing all the members together to take the world back in the end as the League.

Enough with the killing of characters already!You bloodthirsty so and sos!:o

I have said that if they really want to take a chance the best way is to have Darkseid invade and win. Dont ***** foot around, dont waste time and energy on fake stunt deaths like the comics do...just let the bad guys win and show how Earth deals with the fallout. You want a reason for the League to form, how about because Darkseid invaded and enslaved the human race! :wow:

Hell you can even use the idea of Superman needing to be rescued from Apokolips...maybe even show Darkseided Supes!! Can you imagine that scene in Justice League...Batman and his cadre go to Apokolips to save Supes (while WW and her group fight off Steppenwolf and the Female Furies) and they come face to face with brainwashed evil Superman! Oh the fun and craziness! After they free him it even gives Clark the impetus to give Bruce the kryptonite ring :)

Or you could just kill Batman and really screw crap up! You might cause riots but oh man that would be a real curveball. (no I dont want to see it but it could lead to some fun stories leading to the new Batman solo flick)

No thanks, I have no desire on seeing Superman being controlled by Darkseid in the first installment of JL, let alone Batman beating him....especially since we would have already gotten a film with the two going at it in BvS.

It would be in the second installment of Justice League...the first is the loss to Darkseid. Since we know Lex is in BvS we I doubt Darkseid is the story...

And I also never said Batman beats him I just said they save him...plenty of ways to make it work without Superman jobbing to Batman. (something I would never advocate) In fact my way is ridiculously sinister (this is fanfic so it can be) in which Superman beats them all senseless and just as he is about to kill Bruce something triggers his beating of Darkseids brainwashing.

Think of it as my way of showing how the fight would really go if a normal human fought a god :wow:

It's so different though. Marvel has been grooming Stan to take over as BuckyCap ever since movie one. And they wont just kill Steve and bring him back, they ll have BuckyCap for the future. And he wont die in the second movie, but after 2 Cap movies and 2 Avengers ones. Here you just want to pull a Revenge of the Fallen.

- Woops, Supes died. So many feels and tears! Let's form the JL.
- Oh, he got revived with the Allspark! Oh such luck.
- I guess all those tears and feels were cheap and empty.

For the love of god, spare the general audience the plague that have been fake deaths. Movies dont come out every month and dont have to pull this crap. There is no need to pull this cheap stunt, nor to take any ideas from one of the crappiest superman stories ever published.

At the end of the day, he's only been Superman for a short time (for the real audience which is all that matters) and you're rushing to fake kill him. :whatever:

Here, watch this. It's fun and informative.

[YT]0PlwDbSYicM[/YT]

lol. maybe there isn't much story worth doing except for his birth and his death...
take a look at reeve superman movies, they simply can't make a good story.

lol. maybe there isn't much story worth doing except for his birth and his death...
take a look at reeve superman movies, they simply can't make a good story.
Take a look at the Schumacher movies, batman sucks. :o

Why would anyone want an unnecessary cliffhanger like Dead Man's Chest? That was the worst part of that movie.

Why would anyone want an unnecessary cliffhanger like Dead Man's Chest? That was the worst part of that movie.

And more importantly, it led to the worst part of the entire ****ing franchise.

[YT]C8fu87sly_c[/YT]

The movie should literally end with Batman hanging off a cliff.

I dont think anyone would buy that Batman was in serious danger from falling off a cliff,
He is Batman after all.

If the cliffhanger is of Empire Strikes Back proportions then go ahead. Anything less is a let down.

Last edited:
No. Leave some plot threads hanging for a JL movie, but make BvS a standalone and complete film.

Frankly, I'm getting sick of cliffhangers and Marvel Studios' revival of post-credit scenes. Now everyone thinks "there's something after the credits" for every big movie, and I'm sick of it.

Considering POTC2 and POTC3 was a two-partner, it would be unfair to call it unnecessary. The nature of that type of storytelling will inevitably lead to unresolved plot threads. A cliffhanger would seem like a logical and suiting part-time conclusion, as a segue to the next film.

No. Leave some plot threads hanging for a JL movie, but make BvS a standalone and complete film.

Frankly, I'm getting sick of cliffhangers and Marvel Studios' revival of post-credit scenes. Now everyone thinks "there's something after the credits" for every big movie, and I'm sick of it.

This... I find myself waiting after every movie now...while my girlfriend is checking her text messages lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"