BvS Should Batman v Superman end on a Cliffhanger?

I would champion some cliffhangers, long as they don't happen too often, and they are natural endings to the story. I've gotten tired of Marvel's button scenes because they either tease the next villain or the plot of another movie. I'd like to see the DCU set itself apart with real gangbuster endings that connect to the story at hand, but still get the crowd excited for whatever comes next.

Yup...dont waste the DOS on BvS is is contrived and lame. It will literally have no resonance.

Plus a Justice League without Superman as a founding member is no Justice League I want to see.

It could have a significant resonance, but that really... really depends on how strong/effective the script is. A fusion of elements from TDKR with TDoS could make for an interesting narrative in Dawn of Justice (imo), considering what Man of Steel had laid the groundwork for.

This is pure speculation, but if Terrio writes that the public opinion of Superman is wholly or even just partially negative in Dawn of Justice, whether that's due to the level of destruction he was a part of or if Lex Luthor is slandering the hell out of him, it presents a possible situation where the only way Clark could possibly convince the public that he's not an enemy of the human race is through self-sacrifice.

I see Clark's potential death in Dawn of Justice as positive for two reasons. One: it would be a poignant mark in the narrative that's an excellent catalyst for justifying why the Justice League is formed so quickly, and two: it, in effect, would make the Justice League follow up film a bit more interesting, seeing as how Clark wouldn't be there (until the third act at least) to quell any conflict with relative ease since he's Superman; it basically gives the writers a bit more flexibility.

With rumors that Doomsday is potentially in Dawn of Justice, The Rock saying he's playing a character who has never graced the screen before who is also able to throw down with Superman, and that I've read a rumor elsewhere that it's Wonder Woman who spearheads the Justice League in the films, and as such, is its formal leader... it's possible Clark does die at the end of Dawn of Justice, and will have a triumphant return in the latter half of the third act in Justice League.

Again though, this is all purely speculation :D

So the death of Supes as a catalyst to getting the League together. Hmm, interesting.

Never considered it before, but the League will need some kind of catalyst event to get them together so quickly.

I'm not crazy about that idea. I think Superman needs to be a crucial part of assembling the league. It doesn't need to be all his idea, but he should be one of the key people bringing everyone together.

So the death of Supes as a catalyst to getting the League together. Hmm, interesting.

Never considered it before, but the League will need some kind of catalyst event to get them together so quickly.

That's what the maker of the fan movie Superman: Doomsday intended. For the purposes of the workload he brought together WW and Batman, leaving other league members out of the final video though. That was his conceptual idea for full formation of the league if I remember right.

His death and their assembly of the JL, because of it...:waa:

I think a threat large enough to destroy the entire world is one that brings all the heroes together. His death is not necessary.

Agreed; I don't see why so many all of a sudden want to see Superman die so that it could give excuse that the Justice League film could be formed.

But then again, I still don't understand why some desperately want the CW TV Shows to be linked with the film franchises, let alone why some want to cram in as many DC heroes and villains into this film when we've had history to show that this is NEVER a good idea

From a writing standpoint I can see how killing Superman is tempting. But having him stay alive, realizing that he needs help, that there needs to be a team of super beings instead of just one guy who runs the risk of causing more collateral damage, that could be more compelling, perhaps.

I think a threat large enough to destroy the entire world is one that brings all the heroes together. His death is not necessary.

That "destruction of the world" situation solved by collaboration was already presented in Man of Steel though. I feel like doing it again would be a blow to the writing. In Man of Steel, Clark had help from the military and scientists when the World Engine/Zod's ship was terraforming Earth. Clark having help from demigods and heroes to stop a world threat in Dawn of Justice would almost be the same thing; it'd just be moving up a rung in scale and scope for obvious reasons. My point is that there should be a situation in Dawn of Justice where Clark, and Clark alone, is the only one who can solve the conflict in the narrative at the film's climax. And Maybe it's Bruce who convinces him of that. Whether Clark dies or not is up to the writers, but I think his death could be really effective storytelling.

Superman should be, imho, A FOUNDING member of the Justice League and not its catalyst as a result of his death.

And just because Superman saved the world without the help of the League in MOS, doesn't mean that it would make it redundant if he were to save the world with their help.

It's just how you present a world wide threat because there are some things that Superman simply can't conquer with just his own powers alone and as we saw in "MOS", he can't obviously be every where when he's needed, so having more heroes to cooperate with makes that much more a difference.

It should end exactly like this...

[YT]-rbgkMCtZf8[/YT]

Superman should be, imho, A FOUNDING member of the Justice League and not its catalyst as a result of his death.

And just because Superman saved the world without the help of the League in MOS, doesn't mean that it would make it redundant if he were to save the world with their help.

No yeah, I'm all for this viewpoint too. Whichever direction Snyder/Terrio goes, I'm sure I'll be happy. I'm just trying to make a viable case for The Death of Superman storyline having a bit of resonance IF parts of it are implemented into the Dawn of Justice script. Because really, if Superman dies in the film, it sets up a sequence of events where you know for sure **** hit the fan, and the characters are going to have a hell of time figuring out what to do next now that the only thing they had that could protect them is gone.

It's just how you present a world wide threat because there are some things that Superman simply can't conquer with just his own powers alone and as we saw in "MOS", he can't obviously be every where when he's needed, so having more heroes to cooperate with makes that much more a difference.

The issue I see here is why would anyone, let alone vigilantes and demigods, cooperate with Clark after what we saw in Man of Steel? How could Clark convince them, despite all his power, that he's not the enemy? It's going to be interesting to see how they handle that in the upcoming films.

The issue I see here is why would anyone, let alone vigilantes and demigods, cooperate with Clark after what we saw in Man of Steel? How could Clark convince them, despite all his power, that he's not the enemy? It's going to be interesting to see how they handle that in the upcoming films.

Well, I imagine that this film will be used to establish as to why and how Clark/superman will earn the trust and respect of Earth's own protectors and heroes to the point where they'll feel comfortable with working alongside him for the greater good in the JL film.

I mean Snyder did say that this film will also have Superman's viewpoints being changed/altered/tested from his encounters with the other heroes present on Earth.

No way do I want the JL built on the back of Superman's dead corpse! If there is a cliffhanger,I'd like it to be more in line with X1/X2 where it wasn't cliffhanger per say,but it left you looking forward to what Wolverine would find out about himself and Magneto's inevitable escape.

Am not opposed as long as it fits into the story they are trying to tell. If there is ever a cliffhanger i want to see, its one where the villain wins. For example where darkseid defeats the justice league and successfully invades earth. That would be interesting for me.

WB getting in with the Death of Superman before Marvel get in with the Death of Captain America would be a smart move for a lot of reasons.

We don't even know if they'll be doing a "Death of CA" for the third film..and even if they are doing it, doesn't mean that Warner Bros should rush the story.

Is all this death of Superman talk from that fake script? Or are you guys just riffing on when, how, or even IF it will happen?

Nobody died and the Avengers still assembled. Before you mention Coulson, his death was only used to forge their courage and stop them from arguing like morons. They had already assembled to fight the big bad threat. And that's all it ever took for the JL in the past.

But of course this is writen by Goyer, so unless someone dies, and unless there's a big speech, nothing happens.

We don't even know if they'll be doing a "Death of CA" for the third film..and even if they are doing it, doesn't mean that Warner Bros should rush the story.

What's rushed about having Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and God knows who else in this movie? Might as well go into overdrive with all that anyway :o

WB getting in with the Death of Superman before Marvel get in with the Death of Captain America would be a smart move for a lot of reasons.
It's so different though. Marvel has been grooming Stan to take over as BuckyCap ever since movie one. And they wont just kill Steve and bring him back, they ll have BuckyCap for the future. And he wont die in the second movie, but after 2 Cap movies and 2 Avengers ones. Here you just want to pull a Revenge of the Fallen.

- Woops, Supes died. So many feels and tears! Let's form the JL.
- Oh, he got revived with the Allspark! Oh such luck.
- I guess all those tears and feels were cheap and empty.

For the love of god, spare the general audience the plague that have been fake deaths. Movies dont come out every month and dont have to pull this crap. There is no need to pull this cheap stunt, nor to take any ideas from one of the crappiest superman stories ever published.

At the end of the day, he's only been Superman for a short time (for the real audience which is all that matters) and you're rushing to fake kill him. :whatever:

Here, watch this. It's fun and informative.

[YT]0PlwDbSYicM[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"