BvS Should Batman vs Superman end on a cliffhanger?

Tobias

Sidekick
Reaction score
Since the flm is a build up to JL and WB wants to set JL up so that it is huge then add another thing to make it a must see and end Batman vs Superman on a clliffhanger.

If its a versus film as rumored, then end it there.

The final scenes a fight between Superman and Batman.

Have Batman do real damage to Superman but, despite all Batman's gadgets, Superman keeps coming. Batman flees to fight another day.

End the film with Batman asking Alfred to call Barry, Diana and whomever else will be in JL.

Have Alfred tell them Batman needs to meet with them at once. That this Superman, whomever he is, needs to be subdued and brought to a neutral group for questioning. That Luthor is not to be trusted or the government in capturing Superman. That a league of heroes who work independent of the government and are not on Luthor's payroll need to step in a settle this - is Superman a friend or foe?

End credits.

Last edited:
The cliffhanger? I'd like it to be something subtle. Like, I dunno, maybe something like that Luthor had been selling alien technology to a bunch of mercenaries and criminals (but through enough intermediates not to be charged), but it turns out that ONE Metropolis criminal organization has been getting it from somewhere ELSE... that group is called....

Intergang.

Everyone not familiar would just wonder why somebody else is selling alien technology to criminals but is JUST SELLING IT to one gang. Comic fans would recognize it immediately as the first groundwork for an Apokoliptian invasion.

if their intent is to make this a cohesive universe I'd like to see a post credit scene for the next film in the dccu. perhaps the flash and the speed force accident?

I'd like it to end with a cliffhanger for JL movie

Give the audience some hints about a coming super villain and then allude to the other heros

-Martian man hunter
-wonder woman
-flash
-Aquaman

I'd prefer Brainiac to Darkseid for a first JL movie. Darkseid just seems like too much, too quick. So have a sly reference to a him as the Coluan or a mysterious ship heading towards earth

If they want to do the Justice League... justice, have Superman killed in the film prior to the Justice League film. (I'm not saying this Batman/Superman film, but whatever ever Superman film comes right before the Justice League film).

Have it end with his death. This establishes the NEED for a team to be formed. Otherwise, if Superman is around, as powerful as he is -- why does he need friends? We need a threat that is PROVEN to take out Superman. That will give the forming of the team credibility.

Who forms the team? Batman. He views Superman as a fallen soldier. And even when gods die, the world turns on. So instead of dwelling on losing Superman, he does what he can to recreate him. Speed - Flash. Power - Wonder Woman. So on, etc. He forms the Justice League as the answer to a replacement to Superman.

Still, they are not enough. And in the middle act of the film, Superman returns, completing the team... and the battle can truly begin.

-R

If they want to do the Justice League... justice, have Superman killed in the film prior to the Justice League film. (I'm not saying this Batman/Superman film, but whatever ever Superman film comes right before the Justice League film).

Have it end with his death. This establishes the NEED for a team to be formed. Otherwise, if Superman is around, as powerful as he is -- why does he need friends? We need a threat that is PROVEN to take out Superman. That will give the forming of the team credibility.

Who forms the team? Batman. He views Superman as a fallen soldier. And even when gods die, the world turns on. So instead of dwelling on losing Superman, he does what he can to recreate him. Speed - Flash. Power - Wonder Woman. So on, etc. He forms the Justice League as the answer to a replacement to Superman.

Still, they are not enough. And in the middle act of the film, Superman returns, completing the team... and the battle can truly begin.

-R

That is a great idea!!

-R

that actually makes alot of sense. his death would be a pretty good reason to start a team.

-R

That could be excellent if done right. It would be very dramatic and intense. But I would want ONE solo Superman film before that happens.

Because Superman is so much more powerful than Batman, and because this film is supposed to be a conflict between Superman and Batman, I think the cliffhanger will be that Superman kills Batman but we aren't 100% sure that Batman is dead. And then the JLA film will begin without Batman and then mid-film Batman emerges surprisingly.

-R

I actually had the idea that all the members were killed in a future where they never formed. It shows how Darkseid kills every member(with the exception of Batman, who is there to tell the story to a time traveling MM, he tells him they would have defeated Darkseid if they had only formed together).

This time travel story accomplishes 2 things. It gives someone a reason to form the team, they'll know exactly who they are looking for. And it establishes the villain as a legit threat because we've seen him kill all the heroes.

You can read more about it here.

Because Superman is so much more powerful than Batman, and because this film is supposed to be a conflict between Superman and Batman, I think the cliffhanger will be that Superman kills Batman but we aren't 100% sure that Batman is dead. And then the JLA film will begin without Batman and then mid-film Batman emerges surprisingly.

548.gif
you just took what robin said and turned it around.

:doh:

ЯɘvlveR;26724789 said:
548.gif
you just took what robin said and turned it around.

I didn't read any of the posts above mine, so that was just lucky. I only read the thread title and went straight to Quick Reply.

That could be excellent if done right. It would be very dramatic and intense. But I would want ONE solo Superman film before that happens.

No Doomsday stuff. Lame story. When Superman dies it has to be at the hands of his greatest enemy - Lex Luthor.

An introduction or a montage introducing John Stewart, Allen or Wally, and Diana.

Absolutely not, cliffhangers mean that a story has not been told fully. Stingers have become cliché and a trope of what is seen as "Marvel films" (not just Marvel Studios as Sony and Fox use them too).

Do what Batman Begins and The Dark Knight did, and what Man of Steel tried to do, in telling a complete story with the full resolution with the implication that there could be further stories to tell.

No Doomsday stuff. Lame story. When Superman dies it has to be at the hands of his greatest enemy - Lex Luthor.

I'd prefer it to be a weopanized sort of cancerous death AllStar style. I like the idea of Superman slowly dying, but making the best of his life along the way.

Absolutely not, cliffhangers mean that a story has not been told fully. Stingers have become cliché and a trope of what is seen as "Marvel films" (not just Marvel Studios as Sony and Fox use them too).

Do what Batman Begins and The Dark Knight did, and what Man of Steel tried to do, in telling a complete story with the full resolution with the implication that there could be further stories to tell.

Tried to do? MOS accomplished that just fine.

I'd prefer it to be a weopanized sort of cancerous death AllStar style. I like the idea of Superman slowly dying, but making the best of his life along the way.

That would work for a trilogy where Superman dies in the end and WB introduces a new Superman like character going forward in the DCU scree-universe..

Man of Steel didn't even tell all of its own story. It never explored when Clark left Smallville, it had contradicting themes and ideas, as well as leaving too many things for the sequel (eg the creation of "Clark Kent"), the flashbacks were seemingly randomly placed.

Imagine if Batman Begins didn't have the scenes were Bruce wants to kill Joe Chill, is reprimanded by Rachel, confronts Falcone and then leaves Gotham, and then fails to reintroduce Bruce Wayne to the world until after he defeats Ra's.

Because that is essentially what Man of Steel is, they spent too much time in fight scenes rather than moving forwards with the origin.

I don't really want a cliffhanger at all. Maybe with the bad guys, but I feel like while they could hint at a bigger story, I don't want a huge dramatic end.

The guys need to become frenemies so they can pretend that they don't secretly love each other, and they can have all the trust issues and so forth, and then when Superman "dies" in one of the sequels, Batman can be even grumpier and angstier because his bff/boyfriend died.

Then we can do what Robin said.

Cavill, Snyder and Goyer have expressed interest in a Death of Superman story with Doomsday. The trick with Doomsday is how we could make it not seem like a rehash of Superman vs Zod and to maybe add something original to it.

As for this thread's question, maybe a slight tease of future movies would be nice? Like say for example some poor sucker some way gets an alien Starfish attached to him? or perhaps some ship in outer space is slowly moving toward Earth and three triangle dots light up?

Man of Steel didn't even tell all of its own story. It never explored when Clark went travelling, it had contradicting themes and ideas, as well as leaving too many things for the sequel (eg the creation of "Clark Kent").

Imagine if Batman Begins didn't have the scenes were Bruce wants to kill Joe Chill, is reprimanded by Rachel, confronts Falcone and then leaves Gotham, and then fails to reintroduce Bruce Wayne to the world until after he defeats Ra's.

Because that is essentially what Man of Steel is, they spent too much time in fight scenes rather than moving forwards with the origin.

Yeah. MOS seemed to placate to the desires of people who just want Superman springing to action and are tired of seeing an origin.

An origin done right, Batman Begins or even Iron Man style, would be enough to win over the people who thought they "saw it all.'

But the screenwriter chickened out of making "The Day Our Earth Stood Still/Superman Begins" and the director cared to much about showing the mayhem that surrounds Clark.

It's like they tried so hard to avoid making it "just another origin" that it became a sci-fi disaster film that happened to feature Superman, rather than a SUPERMAN movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"