Should Hawkman Replace Batman in Live Action JL (+concept art)

I don't understand why you guys think Superman can't appear in Justice League-- they are making a Superman film right now. Losing the rights to Kent and Krypton are not really a big loss.

Superman fits easily with a group of super humans. There is no conflict between Superman's world and the world of Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Hawkman, Manhunter, Captain Atom, etc.

You could more easily introduce The Justice League in the world of The Watchmen than in Nolan's Batman.

I don't understand why you guys think Superman can't appear in Justice League-- they are making a Superman film right now. Losing the rights to Kent and Krypton are not really a big loss.

Superman fits easily with a group of super humans. There is no conflict between Superman's world and the world of Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Hawkman, Manhunter, Captain Atom, etc.

You could more easily introduce The Justice League in the world of The Watchmen than in Nolan's Batman.

I think the practical reason people may not want Supes in a JL film is screen-time/budget.

One of JL's goals is to introduce new DC characters on film. A team of 5 is the tops in order to do it so as to give enough screen-time to each in order to introduce the characters.

Bats and Supes in a film takes away from screen-time. Bats has to be in the film since he's DC's most well-known and, more importantly, WB's/DC's most financially successful franchise.

JL will be successful largely because of the draw of Batman. Bats will have to be given way more than his fair share of screen-time to make JL workl. Crowding in Supes on top of that makes no sense.

I'd say keep JL to 5 characters. Bats plus Flash,WW, GL. The 5th character could be anyone from MM to Aquaman to Shazaam

Oh yes, Supes done right takes uber-expensive FX. Dropping Supes from JL let's the flm spend the never large enough budget on doing over-the-top FX for the "new" super-heros. Given TA this is critical.

This is where folks are coming from I think. Plus self-interest. There have been Supes films and TV shows to no end over the past 20 years. Enough already. Fans want to get the chance to see their personal fave finally on the big-screen. Be it Flash, WW or whomever.

Last edited:
Whether there is a prequel or a reboot in Batman's future; I don't see the Justice League being his destiny.

Hawkman is usually overlooked as a potential hero in a live action JL film; he just looks ridiculous and requires a complete redesign if he is to be on the big screen. I believe he can be portrayed in the vein of Nite Owl/Batman/Owlman; with themed armor and cape, and he can be utilized to fill the role of Batman.

hawkmanconcept2.jpg

clawofhorus.jpg

1. Batman is Batman. Hawkman is Hawkman

hawkman-is-here.jpg

hawkworld-vol2-02-dc-nm.jpg

HE DOES NOT LOOK RIDICULOUS!! He's always had one of the most badass look in comics! There's absolutely no need to turn him into Owlman or Night Owl!

If you're going to use Hawkman use the real one, not some weird Watchmen amalgam

^, yeah Green Arrow is a better Batman substitute than a watered down Hawkman.

This is a self promotion thread, right?

I may do another version in the next couple of weeks with more Egyptian themes in the armor and less Batman; but I'm still not doing wings.

HE DOES NOT LOOK RIDICULOUS!! He's always had one of the most badass look in comics!

Not sure if serious or being heavily sarcastic. If Hawkman is to appear; he can't look like he just jumped out of Masters of the Universe.

This is a self promotion thread, right?

This is a be constructive before making an argument thread.

Not sure if serious or being heavily sarcastic. If Hawkman is to appear; he can't look like he just jumped out of Masters of the Universe.

Oh, and why not?!! If we can have guy dressed in a "funny" red and blue suit with a cape, we can certainly have room for a character who wears John Carter-type attire with wings. If Thor can wear what he wears in his film and The Avengers, Hawkman should most certainly be able to wear something close to what he wears in the comics.

Last edited:
Thor's costume was heavily upgraded and darkened from the comics. Thor's armor was better than his movie.

Superman's costume can still evolve in the Justice League.

supermanlives.jpg

Thor already sported these two looks in the comics before the films came out:

thumbnail.aspx

Thor1.jpg

....and whatever it is you're suggesting for Superman, I just hope it's not that black suit from Tim Burton's rejected concept.

Last edited:
I think now that Owlman would ultimately be the best replacement for Batman.
hawkmanhelmet2.jpg

hawkmannowings.jpg

Thor already sported these two looks in the comics before the films came out:

thumbnail.aspx

Thor1.jpg

....and whatever it is you're suggesting for Superman, I just hope it's not that black suit from Tim Burton's rejected concept.

This is the version of Thor that is analogous to Hawkman's original design.
thor8.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"