Comics Should I get 'Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 1'?

Slim_X

Superhero
Reaction score
I'm an X-Men TV and movie fan, and the only comics I read are Astonishing and New X-Men so I'd like to know a bit more about the X-Men during their early years. Should I get Uncanny X-Men Omnibus? or are there better options out there? :confused:

Depends. I'm pretty sure that the omnibus is in color, and if that's important to you, then that's where you'll get the best value. Otherwise, I recommend the Essential line, which is in black and white and contains a LOT of issues per volume. The Claremont run is up to 6 volumes, and there are also collections for the Lee/Kirby run and early X-Factor. At fifteen dollars, they're a steal.

I really want the Xtreme Xmen Vol 1 book (Claremont/Larroca compilation for first 17 or so issues, right?), but I think it's out of print.

Boba_Fett_123 said:
Depends. I'm pretty sure that the omnibus is in color, and if that's important to you, then that's where you'll get the best value. Otherwise, I recommend the Essential line, which is in black and white and contains a LOT of issues per volume. The Claremont run is up to 6 volumes, and there are also collections for the Lee/Kirby run and early X-Factor. At fifteen dollars, they're a steal.
Color is important for me :(

Honestly Kapea, I really don't think you want X-Treme X-men vol 1, I have it, and it's really average, at least vol 2, Invasion, has better fight-scenes and is a bit closer to a summer pop-corn flick. If you had to get X-treme X-men, I say get vol 3, Chris Claremont managed the meeting between his X-men and Grant Morrisson's well.

I have the omnibus and it realy is worth buying if you are fan. It's colored

I've got the omnibus and its def worth the money. Its great to have so many issues in a massive hardback and the colour is obviously a major factor in getting them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"