Should there be any reference to Inhumans?

eon001

Sidekick
Reaction score
So will the movie make a reference to the Kree's experiments with humans, and there creation of the Inhumans?

Should the movie make a reference to the Inhumans? Does the MCU want to distance themselves from the failure of the tv show?

I personally think they should at least make a vague experiment to there "failed project" on Earth they abandoned.

I'd be happy if they made a direct reference to Inhumans and maybe even have the royal family or other Inhumans make cameo's in sequels.

Should there be? I think so, it could be a first step towards peace between the division heads. Will there be, I doubt it. But not because of the Inhumans IMAX and miniseries but real world people and their power issues

Should there be? I think so, it could be a first step towards peace between the division heads. Will there be, I doubt it. But not because of the Inhumans IMAX and miniseries but real world people and their power issues
Yea there seems to be this frustrating divide between the MCU and Marvel tv. It seems that the MCU have a better relationship with Sony and Fox than they do with there own tv division lol.

How is the movie going to introduce Kree's experimenting with Carol without a single hint of the Inhuman experiment? Like literally a hint.
"Carol isn't the first time we've experimented with the humans". - Ronan

That's all I need. You don't even have to say Inhumans. Just leave an easter egg in there for fans.

If they were planning on laying the seeds for Ms. Marvel, it would make sense to reference the Kree experiments. I don't think they're going to reference the IMAX show or the royal family, but it still seems easy enough to have something with the Kree cause Terrigenesis.

Absolutely not
Could you elaborate your thoughts at all?
^^ Yea I'm curious too. Any specific reason? I'm not mad, I'm just curious. Civil debate welcome. :)

For what it's worth, I'm not expecting the trash tv show's to be forced into the Captain Marvel story, but I'll be disappointed if the MCU as a whole, decide to ignore the Inhuman lore completely and leave them in tv jail.

Maybe in a CM sequel rather than right now. Give a chance for those unlucky enough to have watched the show to forget and heal.

Could you elaborate your thoughts at all?

^^ Yea I'm curious too. Any specific reason? I'm not mad, I'm just curious. Civil debate welcome. :)

For what it's worth, I'm not expecting the trash tv show's to be forced into the Captain Marvel story, but I'll be disappointed if the MCU as a whole, decide to ignore the Inhuman lore completely and leave them in tv jail.

Sure, it’s a bit full already that’s all. It’s meant to be carol’s story and there’s a lot to introduce as well as the Inhumans. It wouldn’t really do them justice I think. I still think marvel should try and do them right some time down the line

Sure, it’s a bit full already that’s all. It’s meant to be carol’s story and there’s a lot to introduce as well as the Inhumans. It wouldn’t really do them justice I think. I still think marvel should try and do them right some time down the line
For the first movie, I 100% agree that there should be no Inhuman characters, but I think a hint at Kree experiments with humans should be mentioned. Even if it's a throwaway comment from Ronan.

Alright fair. That would be interesting.

Honestly, that I agree - particularly given the 90s setting. I think Captain Marvel is the best vehicle to reference them (outside the Fantastic Four), but I don't think the first movie is the best choice.

After the disappointing Inhumans TV series, I'd rather they not.

Yes, the TV cast should cameo. Let's make the TV and film divisions of the MCU more connective.

This movie takes place before the show. It wouldn't make sense to have them cameo.

Also, we should just forget that Inhumans happened :o

But there's one Inhuman who just happens to be Captain Marvel's biggest fan.

Marvel Studios can't ignore the Inhumans forever.
Actually they can, especially if they just change Kamala Khan's origin.

This movie takes place before the show. It wouldn't make sense to have them cameo.

Also, we should just forget that Inhumans happened :o
I didn't mean the Inhumans from the awful show. I meant the concept of the Inhumans.
They have existed since the caveman days. The had high tech civilization while neanderthals lived in caves.

They don't even need to mention them. Flash back detailing the Kree's history and have a scene with them leaving planet earth.

Even if there were, would anyone in the general audience really pick up on it? Clearly no one watched the show.

Ugh all I wanted was a line from the central intelligence or Yon-Rogg.

"The Kree Empire used to have many out posts throughout the galaxy studying life on each planet. But then we had to pull all our resources to fight the Skrull threat... "

Something as vague as that would have made my little fanboy heart smile.

Last edited:
Even if there were, would anyone in the general audience really pick up on it? Clearly no one watched the show.
It's not about the movie referencing the show, it's about acknowledging the larger Marvel universe.

It's no different that Guardians having a throwaway line about the Celestials. General audience's just go with it, and fanboys and fangirls smile at the cool easter eggs.

Last edited:
It's not about the show referencing the show, it's about acknowledging the larger Marvel universe.

It's no different that Guardians having a throwaway line about the Celestials. General audience's just go with it, and fanboys and fangirls smile at the cool easter eggs.

I see what you're saying. And most other movies don't have a built-in backlog of work for the audience to fall back and include such nuggets that don't weigh down those stories. So IMO a mention of experiments, or Kree having such a casual reach to Earth if they so chose, would simply be another layer that fleshes out that universe, making it richer, even if it doesn't get a payoff, for both comic fans and general audiences alike.

I only saw the pilot episode of Inhumans. I know nothing of them from the comics. I was still angry it was so bad. :/ But there is still Agents of SHIELD, and Daisy specifically. Not that I expect it to happen, but Captain Marvel could potentially be a bridge for Quake to make it on the big screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"