Should they make an animated adaptation of TLH?

returntovoid

Sidekick
Reaction score
I think Bruce Timm should definitely make an animated adaptation of Batman: The Long Halloween, also DC comics executive co-editor Dan DiDio has stated that there is a possibility of an animated direct-to-video adaptation of Batman: The Long Halloween.

Bruce Timm & Co?

Yeah, I know....

I think this suggested project is as close as you'll get to an inevitability. Although that word suggests it's a bad thing, whereas I am all for it. I love TLH, the more I read it the more I love it.

I'd rather have a TDKR cartoon and a TLH movie, but sure, I'll take whatever comes my way as long as it's good.

As long as its nothing like that sorry Gotham Knight DVD I wasted money on I'm ok with it.

Wasn't there another thread like this? Who's modding this section? Hmmm?

I would love it if they made an animation adaptation of this. Its such a brilliant read, one of my all time faves. A Dark Victory adaptation would be great also.

I admit, I don't like TLH.

And I do not really think that the "each chapter is a holiday" format would work in a movie. It's not that cinematic.

And although TLH is about what, 200, 300 pages? The actual plot would only take 20.

TLH would take I figure a number of hours to do right. Yeah you can remove some of the superfolous things like the Poison Ivy subplot, the Bruce Wayne trial, truncate the Joker subplot, etc. But the meat is still there with the Holiday killers, the mafia's role, the early issues of it coming out, Maroni going on trial, Dent's scarring, the son being the culprit, the rise of Two-Face, etc.

All pretty great stuff. Maybe take out the villain-of-the-issue aspect and leave only Two-Face, Solomn Grundy, Catwoman, the Joker and the mob. Also, have some of the detective work occur on non-holidays as it seems Dent and Gordon would get a lead and then sit on it for am month or two right until the next holiday murder is about to be committed.

Oh well.

Yeah, the Batman in TLH is known as "THe World's Worst Detective" because he finds hardly out ANYTHING!

It's a great story...But it's a cluster****ed one, that's for sure. If I was Batman I would have done nothing short but have lost my friggin mind who the hell the holiday killer was...Especially with the fact that he couldn't get a damned straight answer out of anyone he interrogated haha.

I think Loeb should continue to write movies with big-muscled ex-soldiers who crack funny one-liners and rip out phone booths with a user in it and movies about teenaged werewolfs, but stay away from comics.

He even started the horrible "Batman / Superman" book.

If it does become an animated movie, it would be reduced significantly. Around 70/80 mins runtime. This would mean less victims, less supervillains, less subplots.

But fine. I have no doubt it could be the best animated superhero movie yet.

I'd love to see a Long Halloween movie, but not by Bruce Timm. Tim Sale's style seems like it would do better when animated, it just has that fluid look to it. I'd much rather see that happen.

If it does become an animated movie, it would be reduced significantly. Around 70/80 mins runtime. This would mean less victims, less supervillains, less subplots.

But fine. I have no doubt it could be the best animated superhero movie yet.

They could make it a TV show, so they don't cut anything out.

I think you could squeeze it into three hours, but not 70 minutes. Maybe they'll do a two-parter movie to it? You'd have to mess with the timeline a little bit but have Dent get scarred halfway through in the middle?

I dunno. They screwed up Superman Dies/Lives/Doomsday, but that story was always a crappy publicity stunt anyways. This is actually good and really cannot be done in 80 minutes. Maybe TDK is the closest we'll get to it. To be fair I think TDK did Dent better than even TLH or anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"