The Dark Knight Should they the change the Batmobile???

Dave Kocher

Civilian
Reaction score
Should they change the batmobile(the tumbler) to more familiar batmobile weve seen like the one in the burton films?? Anybody know whether or not they are changing Batmobiles or whether they are gonna keep the one from Batman Begins

The Tumbler was awesome. But I wouldn't complain if they went with the Batmobile (similar to the one in the burton films) for The Dark Knight.

Keep The Tumbler, but some alterations would be cool.

Heck no. The Tumbler was exactly what the Batmobile should have been all along. It's what he should have had from the beggining. Bruce Wayne is a millionare who can buy anything he freakin' wants, incuding a fast moving tank.

This is the Batmobile.
batman-begins11.jpg

batman-begins24.jpg

I would possibly put a bumper infront of the wheel, but i would hate to see it 'Batified'.

I like the tumbler. I really don't care if they change it or not, but IMO some slight changes would be nice to show the passage of time. Also changes would make sense in Nolan's realistic world; with Fox and all the engineers who worked on the tumbler one of them is bound to recognize it on tv, it'd make sense for Bruce to change it so it'd become less recognizable.

^^^ I agree. It has been splattered around on national news, so someone will recognise it and make a link.

i would imagine..he may just hide the wheels on the front..to make it look sleeker.

The problem I got with the Tumbler... as many have pointed out... is that its not good for a vehicle just roaming around the streets of Gotham... I know this idea has been brought up before... but I like the idea of Batman drving a motor cycle just to keep a low key profile... I think that works well... but if not I don't mind the Tumbler all by itself either

I think a blacked out modified sports car would work just fine for knightly patrols, chances are he's not going to need a tank every night of the week, but he should keep the tumbler in case it's needed

No change.

But what I do want to see is, Alfred in the cave with Batman. Some conversation and Alfred refers to the Tumbler as "the Batmobile" and then Batman just giving Alfred this look like "what did you just say?"

keep the tumbler,the way he smashed into things,the batmoblie doesnt seem as tough for that type of stuff

well perhaps they could add sleeker looks to the tumbler..then when he needs to do the buissness..you call the way it looks a battle mode or something.so it looks like a Batmobile to get around in..and then Battle mode.

The problem I got with the Tumbler... as many have pointed out... is that its not good for a vehicle just roaming around the streets of Gotham... I know this idea has been brought up before... but I like the idea of Batman drving a motor cycle just to keep a low key profile... I think that works well... but if not I don't mind the Tumbler all by itself either

Low profile as in a man dressed in a Bat-costume riding a motorcycle with a BIG, billowing cape following. Cause that's normal right? Either way you're going to attract attention, at least with the Tumbler no picture of batman could surface.

Lol^^^ thats what i was going to say.

If it's not broke, don't let Schumacher fix it.

well perhaps they could add sleeker looks to the tumbler..then when he needs to do the buissness..you call the way it looks a battle mode or something.so it looks like a Batmobile to get around in..and then Battle mode.

Yah but it is jagged and angular for two specific reasons;

1. It was essentially built as a stealth vehicle, and all stealth vehicles, be them boats, cars or planes, are built with these sharp angles because radar cannot pick them up for some reason. Sleek-ifying his wheels makes no sense really, apart from an aesthetic vantage, which is totally redundant when it comes to Batman. Everything is for effect. He doesn't need to make his car look as beautiful as an Aston Martin.

2(and this is my interpretation) It serves as a metaphor for Bruce/Batman's pyschosis. The Tumbler is jagged, impenetrable and unnaproachable. Nothing is allowed in. Nor can it get in.

"Might as well dump em, get another." -- Proposition Joe

While they're at it.. I want some neon lights up in Gotham like Las Vegas on steroids.

I say keep it just add on some new things to make it look more like a Batmobile, only a few small things though, not Schumacher'ing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"