The Dark Knight Should they the change the Batmobile???

That's great for military purposes or out in the battlefield, but it's not really useful in an urban environment, especially one as crowded and full as Gotham. Not many "hiding" spots, you know?

I always like this drawing; it shows how the Tumbler looks like a bat. :up:

latimes.jpg
Thats an awesome diagram, where is it from?

That's great for military purposes or out in the battlefield, but it's not really useful in an urban environment, especially one as crowded and full as Gotham. Not many "hiding" spots, you know?

Except that he can't be tracked on radar driving into the cave. :o

Remember X2, and the photos of the jet coming up out of the basketball court? Once Bats gets that car out of the city and into the country, he doesn't want people tracking him on radar, taking satellite photos, etc. With the tumbler they can't track him, so he's safe.

Except that he can't be tracked on radar driving into the cave. :o
Do typical police cars have radar tracking? I don't think that's something Bruce really needs to be worried about since I'm pretty sure radar is only put in vehicles used for extreme situations.

Remember X2, and the photos of the jet coming up out of the basketball court? Once Bats gets that car out of the city and into the country, he doesn't want people tracking him on radar, taking satellite photos, etc. With the tumbler they can't track him, so he's safe.
Satellites can't take photos of things that they're not pointed at. Unless there's a legit reason to look down on Bruce's house, he's pretty safe.

Do typical police cars have radar tracking? I don't think that's something Bruce really needs to be worried about since I'm pretty sure radar is only put in vehicles used for extreme situations.

It all depends how badly the police want to catch him, and whose help they are willing to enlist to do it. He's better safe than sorry.

Satellites can't take photos of things that they're not pointed at. Unless there's a legit reason to look down on Bruce's house, he's pretty safe.

Yes, but if they DID track his car, they would know where to point the satellites. Which goes back to the argument about stealth - anything that keeps him from being tracked, is a good thing. And you can't be too careful. Especially when you're Bruce Wayne.

Many police patrol helicopters do have radar tracking systems, especially ones that patrol coastlines. You know those searchlights on police helicopters? They use thermal vision to track vehicles by their engine heat and omissions. I made a lengthy post in the BB forum sometime ago in reply to all the people that were too 'uneducated' to devise a plausible scenario that helps at least in making some sense of what happened when the Tumbler went into 'stealth mode':

Fenrir said:
Canadian Rider said:
Flying onto buildings and disappearing because he turned off the lights?:whatever:

OK, this has been brought up so many times and for so long I hoped someone would've been smart enough to bring it up but alas, it seems that the only thing some people are good at is *****ing and complaining over things they don't understand.

First of all, the tracking searchlights on helicopters are not manually operated. They work using thermal imaging that automatically track the heat emissions from the engines of a vehicle. That's why in real-life, patrol helicopters don't lose or confuse suspect vehicles on the open road.

Now when Batman engages "stealth mode" on the Tumbler, you see that only do the lights turn off, but the thundering engine also quiets down. This was explained in the leaked script that in stealth mode, the Tumbler switches to an electric engine that does not give off any heat emissions and combine that with the angular plates with RAM coating taken straight from F-117s, the Tumbler would be invisible to both thermal and radar tracking systems.

Now, as soon as Batman engages stealth mode, he immediately pulls back. Now the cops couldn't keep track on him because the helicopter searchlight lost it's focus from the Tumbler. As you know, if you immediately go from a well-lit from into a dark room, it will take your eyes some time to adjust to the lighting before you get your bearings. Likewise, earlier the Tumbler was lit up like a Dutch brothel on the freeway with the helicopter searchlight, but as soon as it went into stealth mode, it became a black dot on a pitch black freeway, where light is the only means of identification:

bmc1.JPG

bmc2.JPG

Can you see the Tumbler in those pics or not? Neither could the cops. Of course, like the example I have given above, the cops eventually "see" the Tumbler once their eyes got used to the darkness of the freeway when the helicopter broke pursuit.

Sure, it requires a little suspension of disbelief but really, it's a pretty contemporary concept and not all impossible or lacking sense like the posters in here have repeatedly claimed it to be.

Oh and for the record, steel reinforced concrete can handle about three tons of weight. Since official specs of the Tumbler put it somewhere around 2 tons, no, the Tumbler wouldn't have crashed through the roofs realistically speaking.

Many police patrol helicopters do have radar tracking systems, especially ones that patrol coastlines. You know those searchlights on police helicopters? They use thermal vision to track vehicles by their engine heat and omissions. I made a lengthy post in the BB forum sometime ago in reply to all the people that were too 'uneducated' to devise a plausible scenario that helps at least in making some sense of what happened when the Tumbler went into 'stealth mode':

:up: :up: :o

Yes, but if they DID track his car, they would know where to point the satellites. Which goes back to the argument about stealth - anything that keeps him from being tracked, is a good thing. And you can't be too careful. Especially when you're Bruce Wayne.
And that goes back to my original point that there isn't much room to hide in a city anyway. With that roaring engine, and other-worldly appearance, I think it's safe to say that Bruce doesn't really care about being seen when he's going out.

Sure, there's the problem with going back to the hideout and worrying if you're being tailed, but I think we're venturing into "over-analyzing" territory there.

Thanks, that part makes more sense now. But that answers only half the problem.

Wasn't it shortly after the cops noticed the Tumbler, that Bats turned the stealth mode OFF, and then proceeded to outrun them again? That's where the car goes into the forest, but at that point, shouldn't the helicopter have been on it's tail?

And that goes back to my original point that there isn't much room to hide in a city anyway. With that roaring engine, and other-worldly appearance, I think it's safe to say that Bruce doesn't really care about being seen when he's going out.

Being seen when he's out just adds to the legend... I'm not talking about that.
Sure, there's the problem with going back to the hideout and worrying if you're being tailed, but I think we're venturing into "over-analyzing" territory there.

Possibly, but even so... I'd rather keep the stealth-look where it serves a functional purpose that can be useful to Batman, vs. making the car look like a hot rod out of somebody's custom shop, because frankly, cars with nitro and spoilers and air dams are for girls, or guys with little *****. :o

That, and why does Batman need to have a "stylish" set of wheels? He's a crime-fighter, not a ****ing drug-dealer.

O RLY?

Wasn't it shortly after the cops noticed the Tumbler, that Bats turned the stealth mode OFF, and then proceeded to outrun them again? That's where the car goes into the forest, but at that point, shouldn't the helicopter have been on it's tail?

I think the helicopter left when they lost his trail... as I recall it left to sweep the area where they last saw him. So it was miles away when he cut the main power back on and lost the last of the cruisers.

Being seen when he's out just adds to the legend... I'm not talking about that.
So what are you talking about?

Possibly, but even so... I'd rather keep the stealth-look where it serves a functional purpose that can be useful to Batman, vs. making the car look like a hot rod out of somebody's custom shop, because frankly, cars with nitro and spoilers and air dams are for girls, or guys with little *****. :o

That, and why does Batman need to have a "stylish" set of wheels? He's a crime-fighter, not a ****ing drug-dealer.
Don't exaggerate, I never once implied I wanted to see something out of a Fast & The Furious franchise. Sleek doesn't equate to overstylized bullsh1t. You only need to look at the BB suit to see where I'm getting at.

I think the helicopter left when they lost his trail... as I recall it left to sweep the area where they last saw him. So it was miles away when he cut the main power back on and lost the last of the cruisers.
Oh, well if that's so then I guess Bruce got off lucky on that one. :up:

It wasn't there because the helicopter went off to check another area. Remember what the chopper said on the police comm as soon as Batman engages 'stealth mode'?

- Air One to ground.
-
(Patrol Car) I lost him
- We've lost visual. Exit 9 is blocked. We'll loop back to check the frontage road.

So what are you talking about?

You already know what I'm talking about. Evading pursuit when he is heading home. Making sure that people don't know where he comes from or retires to. The batcave is well outside of the city.
Don't exaggerate, I never once implied I wanted to see something out of a Fast & The Furious franchise. Sleek doesn't equate to overstylized bullsh1t. You only need to look at the BB suit to see where I'm getting at.

But exaggerating is what I do. :D No, seriously... I've just heard too many people talk about wanting a sports car or whatever. When you start talking sleeker that's where my mind goes. Because frankly - while many people would disagree - the Hummer H2 is the most beautiful truck on the road.

On the other hand I hate that Scion piece of **** with a passion, and that's not sleek either. To me, it's not about sleek, it's about overall design, and that's a whole other thing. It's why the Millennium Falcon is sexier than the Queen's yacht from Episode II. It's just a great design.

Oh, well if that's so then I guess Bruce got off lucky on that one. :up:

Luck had nothing to do with it. The searchlight, as Fenrir has explained, is operated by computer, not manually. When it lost the heat signature of the Tumbler, they were left with no recourse but to go scout around and see if they could pick him up. They didn't know where he was so they had to spread out. The cruisers stay on the highway, the helicopter goes to check the frontage road in case he pulled off there. It's a logical procedure and even if Bats WAS on the frontage road, the helicopter would not have found him as long as stealth mode was on. But in fact the helicopter was looking in the wrong place and that gave Batman the chance to lose the cruisers without having to worry about the helicopter interfering.

what is this... minority report??????

BAD IDEA!

I think the tumbler is a great vehicle for batman... it suited the first movie perfectly, however, he got the car/tank for a specific purpose and that was waht was available at the time... I think it would make sense that "batman" would make alteration to it to better suit his needs...

but as a basic idea... the tumbler is mint!

but then again... im a "Noob" ... so aparantly my opinion doesnt count ... Meh

or give him a suped up one of these!
70_charger_rt_clone_383_black_1.jpg

About this "stealth" business - the angles on the car... since when do cop-cars have radar? No matter how stealth it is, the feature would be useless. It's like having a magic amulet that makes you invisible to lions, when there are no lions anywhere near you.

I am personally a fan of the tumbler, I think though, if they where to change it I wouldn't be against it

About this "stealth" business - the angles on the car... since when do cop-cars have radar? No matter how stealth it is, the feature would be useless. It's like having a magic amulet that makes you invisible to lions, when there are no lions anywhere near you.

The Tumbler wasn't designed to elude cops tho. It's military. A kind of shorthand way of saying 'get-the-f_ck-out-of-my-way.' :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"