Should we lobby hard for an alternate network/company production because of X3?

martinbluther

Civilian
Reaction score
i know many of us are seriously ticked at Fox due to the disappointments of X3, so should we start a request for a live-action network series about the X-Men? I think Sci-Fi would be a great trustee for it, ala Battlestar Galactica, but almost any network, after a few years, would be cool... As soon as the Wolverine frenzy rides itself to Bennifer proportions....

I don't think a live-action TV show would do it justice. All the live action tv shows on the scifi channel (an on the network channels) look pretty crappy to me.

I'd rather all of us get together and request that fox quite being a ***** and give ratner more time.

ShakiraRocks said:
I don't think a live-action TV show would do it justice. All the live action tv shows on the scifi channel (an on the network channels) look pretty crappy to me.

I'd rather all of us get together and request that fox quite being a ***** and give ratner more time.

I hear what you're saying, but have you seen Battlestar Galacitca? I long for a series about the X-Men like this. There is SO much material, and a network smart enough to MILK that material rather than just flash-drain it, (ala Fox) could succeed materially BECAUSE of their artistic success. BG is ridiculously good. "X," say, could be awesome.
Thanks for responding. You have some very relevant points.

I think I'm going to love X3. No reason for me to complain.

Like Smallville? The budget won't be big enough to do it justice. However it would be able to over all our favourite story lines.

grey_jeanie said:
Like Smallville? The budget won't be big enough to do it justice. However it would be able to over all our favourite story lines.

Honestly, if the budget of the WB can handle Smallville, why not X-Men? Especially if Marvel gets the rights back? How much do you think Battlestar costs? The effects for the X can not be much more... It all depends on how soon Marvel can get the rights back, and how much Quesada is willing to bend in his quest to minimize the X-franchise...Smaller networks cater to people like us, and BG is a prime example of this...

X-Men live action TV series...never gonna happen....too expensive for any network to handle. Tons of mutants with flashy powers. Never gonna be...done.

Plus, I agree with Avalanche. This movie is going to freaking rock. It's really sad and pathetic that so many people are up in arms over one character's death, and don't lie, cause you all know most of this stimulates not from the running time, not from the director, not from Xavier, not from Mystique, not from Rogue, but from Cyclops. :rolleyes:

JustABill said:
X-Men live action TV series...never gonna happen....too expensive for any network to handle. Tons of mutants with flashy powers. Never gonna be...done.

Plus, I agree with Avalanche. This movie is going to freaking rock. It's really sad and pathetic that so many people are up in arms over one character's death, and don't lie, cause you all know most of this stimulates not from the running time, not from the director, not from Xavier, not from Mystique, not from Rogue, but from Cyclops. :rolleyes:
I'm a huge Cyclops fan but even I can't take the amount of negativity. The only fans that are moaning are Cyclops and Rogue fans. But in the next trilogy, hopefully those characters will be given their chance to shine. And, yes, the movie is going to rock

I don't even hear Rogue fans *****ing as much as Cyclops fans. I'm a huge fan of him to, but jesus, they act like the world of X-Men revolves around Cyclops and that if he dies in an X-Men movie it's the break all of a movie.

I don't really care about cyke anymore. I'd be pissed off it he had a bigger role in X2 and now suddenly he was gone, but in X2 he was hardly present so i'm like whatevers

Well, think imaginatively instead of Hollywood, is what I'm asking. Wonder what would happen if they started from the very beginning, and didn't have to include EVERY mutant in EVERY episode. They could start as the Early Years, and then build on that. And think longer-term. Without the paramaters, no mutant would have to get shrifted because they would have more time. NOT just about CYke. Did none of you hate to see go by the wayside the friendship between Wolvie and Nightcrawler? Or between Kurt and Kitty? The source material is too rich. Don't think support X3-versus-oppose X-3. Think material and what could be done...

ShakiraRocks said:

You include Battlestar in that list? Have you seen it? I'm not talking about their one-shots... I mean their series...

I get that there's material. It'd just never happen for the sheer fact...that even with just hte original five. It'd be tooo expensive for a network to afford.

JustABill said:
I get that there's material. It'd just never happen for the sheer fact...that even with just hte original five. It'd be tooo expensive for a network to afford.

Why so, if they can produce shows like they have? How much more expensive could it be? Especially if they have anything else than special effects... I mean, the character interactions alone when done right would do more than has been done. Think CGI is to X:Men as is War is to MASH. Not exactly, but somewhat. Honestly, CGI is getting cheaper all the time. What people want is a story.

Well for one X-Men is a whole lot more cgi heavy than most their shows where it's just the occasional alien/star ship.

You'd have Angel's wings, Jean's telekinetic abilities, Beast leaping about everywhere, Iceman's ice powers.

bad place, that expensive enough as is without adding Cyclops optic blasts. Shows like Buffy/Angel/Charmed have even been called ''too expensive" by the networks that hosted them. Charmed as it continued had it's budget dropped all the time. Buffy was cancelled by the WB cause the effects(which that show didn't even really rely on that many effects) were too expensive for them, or at least that was there excuse.

JustABill said:
Well for one X-Men is a whole lot more cgi heavy than most their shows where it's just the occasional alien/star ship.

You'd have Angel's wings, Jean's telekinetic abilities, Beast leaping about everywhere, Iceman's ice powers.

bad place, that expensive enough as is without adding Cyclops optic blasts. Shows like Buffy/Angel/Charmed have even been called ''too expensive" by the networks that hosted them. Charmed as it continued had it's budget dropped all the time. Buffy was cancelled by the WB cause the effects(which that show didn't even really rely on that many effects) were too expensive for them, or at least that was there excuse.

Fair enough. Are there execs not clever enough to circumvent that? Especially for an audience loyal as this? Really, I hear you that it would be expensive, but more than the Battlestar? There is serious CGI on that show all the time.

But what I don't think you are hearing is the non-CGI portion of the show, which would be the portion to sell it. The conversations would be the point at which people would engage. No hour-long show can rely on CGI. X3, if that is all it has, will fail. What I mean is a series to explore, on a weekly basis all the themes that the X-Men explores well without the pressure of having to squeeze EVERYTHING in a total of eight hours. THe stories were not meant for that. They were told over forty years.

I would be happy with another season of evolution lol. im gunna say something now, and i dont want cyclops fans to be offended, but honestly, normal movie goers arnt gunan give two f**** whether he dies or not. He isnt a popular movie mutant, same as rogue. Most people find rogue to be annyoing little girl. The only people who truly like cyclops and rogue are the comic fans, or people playing the games or watching the cartoons. Ok, a lot of people will be upset. But, the LARGER group of movie goers just watch the film and enjoy it. and you cant say "what about the people who saw the first two movies". ok another valid point. those people will feel hard done by. But does anybody really think the producers at Marvel would really let these sort of things happen if they knew it wouldn't make a good film? With the amount of advertisement and publicity going into this film, A bad place OF A LOT of people are gunna see it, and the DVD numbers will be just as great. Then, there will be x4, even if it does take 3-4 years. There are PLENTY of just as popular characters in the marvel universe that could take Rogue and Cyclops's place.......Havok, Emma Frost, Gambit etc. The list could go on forever. I think it's time people stop looking back at X1 and X2 and move forward to X3........

It would be way too expensive.

Stick with Mutant X.

BRING SINGER BACK.

BRING SINGER BACK.

BRING SINGER BACK.

BRING SINGER BACK.

BRING SINGER BACK.

BRING SINGER BACK.

BRING SINGER BACK.

BRING SINGER BACK.

SINGER > RATNER

SINGER'S WOULD HAVE LET SCOTT LIVE AND HAD PHOENIX HAVE HER FLAMES

AND AND.... HE'S GOING TO PWN X3 WITH SUPERMAN RETURNS. BOW BEFORE SINGER. RATNER MAKES FORGETTABLE MOVIES...

just joking. I'm going to wait and see if I like the movie first.

Yea, goddamit. Why the bad place couldn't we have Singer. :(

:(:(:(

A TV miniseries or better an ongoing would be so cool. I would love that. As long as they dont pull a Rothman.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
It would be way too expensive.

Stick with Mutant X.

That is the ****tyest program I have even seen. Avi Arad should be ashamed

grey_jeanie said:
That is the ****tyest program I have even seen. Avi Arad should be ashamed
I can't believe I actually liked that show. Took me a while to realize how ****ty it was. Of course, I was like 10 back then.

JustABill said:
I don't even hear Rogue fans *****ing as much as Cyclops fans. I'm a huge fan of him to, but jesus, they act like the world of X-Men revolves around Cyclops and that if he dies in an X-Men movie it's the break all of a movie.

I'm not a Cyclops fan but i understand their complaint. Let's be honest, Cyclops hasn't exactly been a key player in the movies, especially in X-2. Only thing he did was get his ash handed to him by Lady Deathstrike. And know it seems he'll be killed before he really has his time to shine. That not only means he'll probably won't have much to do this time around but also if an X-4 is made, Cyclops won't be in it.Unless he comes back from the dead or isn't killed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"