Sequels Should white wolf appear in a black panther sequel?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
image.jpg

Should t'challa's half brother turn up in a sequel?

I think it's an interesting idea that people who are trying to colonise wakanda would install a puppet government but at the same time it might be seen as too similar to what aquaman is doing with orm.

What do you think?

I hope he appears. He seems like a cool character. If not for two, then for three. That being said, I also hope he appears in the first movie. Set him up for his betrayal rather than have him appear out of the blue.

I say in the origin have him stay in Wakanda while Klaw is taking over, trying to start a revolution, but failing due to the chiefs distrust of him. They immediately rally to T'Challa when he returns, planting the sides of resentment that will lead to his eventual betrayal.

This might be too dark, but how about have him take extreme measures during Klaw's invasion that would constitute a war crime (torturing prisoners to get information about Klaw, for example), but have him do it only with good intentions (protecting Wakanda). When T'Challa returns to power, he'll tell Hunter that his methods are too barbaric and exile him (and the whole secret police). In other words, his resentment would come from being punished for what he considers to have been good.

Alternatively, just have him as state security in the first movie and never have his organization disbanded. Then have him ally with Erik Killmonger in the second movie because he considers N'Jadaka the better choice to rule Wakanda. Basically, have a conspiracy within the ranks of the Wakandan government.

I'm torn because I love White Wolf but I'm worried another brother vs. adopted brother plot would seem too similar to Thor and Loki.

Last edited:
^
That's a good point. I hadn't considered that. I was all for including the White Wolf in the origin at first, but I hadn't thought of the parallels with Loki. Still I'm inclined to include him.

Why not? But he had better speak with a Wakandan accent. Not English, not American.

One thing that would help is, if you do include him, don't have him betray people in the first movie. That'll help mitigate the parallels.

I'm torn because I love White Wolf but I'm worried another brother vs. adopted brother plot would seem too similar to Thor and Loki.
Also how would a betrayal from a white adopted brother be taken by a white majority audience? I can already imagine the headlines fox news, the blaze and the like. What if white wolf was combined with white tiger? What if white wolf was given some kind of heroic sacrifice for the safety of his adopted home

I think it would be easy enough to differentiate loki from white wolf. Loki loves power and always seeks it but white wolf is more of a person who gets pushed into it by foreign powers. There's a nice redemption angle there

Also how would a betrayal from a white adopted brother be taken by a white majority audience? I can already imagine the headlines fox news, the blaze and the like. What if white wolf was combined with white tiger? What if white wolf was given some kind of heroic sacrifice for the safety of his adopted home

Part of the reason I suggested he appear in the first movie as a straight up good guy is it gives greater flexibility for a sequel. It also can increase surprise if he changes sides. But, if he's good in the first movie, then no one can say that all the white people are bad guys.

He definitewly needs to be in the films given the personal weight not to mention visually cool factors he adds. The Hatut Zeraze should be introduced in the first movie.

Just got done looking up stuff about BP (I spend a good amount of free time looking up stuff on the Marvel wiki) and was just about to start a thread about White Wolf before seeing this one. I think he'd be an interesting character for them to put in a BP film since there are multiple ways for them to reinterpret him. He could easily be an ally of BP initially who turns somewhat conflicted in later films or they could keep him as a trusted confidant of BP should they not want to introduce the darker aspects of White Wolf.

I think Hunter would work best being introduced in a sequel but being hinted at throughout the MCU and in the first BP film. I think that would work best seeing as how the Hatute Zeraze started out as the Wakanda version of the NSA and CIA.

I think Hunter would work best being introduced in a sequel but being hinted at throughout the MCU and in the first BP film. I think that would work best seeing as how the Hatute Zeraze started out as the Wakanda version of the NSA and CIA.

Agreed, that is a great aspect of his story and he needs to be fleshed out fully in order to make the turn on T'Challa truly effective.

important key characters for the 1st Black Panther movies should included such as Klaw, Kilmonger and guest appearance Storm. With Klaw/Kill, its important to those two introduced and off and running. that's the advertising appeal, IMO.

Would the studios add a cameo appearance by one or two Avengers ? Particularly someone appealing enough that they can either feed a spinoff series off from or get the demanding vibes for that hero to be upcoming Capt., Iron Man or Avengers films?

After the 1st successful BP film, sequels can set up good villain types like Shadow King, White Wolf, Malice, Man Ape, Baron Zemo, etc.

I guess we'll see. It could be interesting if handled compellingly.

Sure, why not? Assuming T'Challa hasn't already shut the Hatut Zeraze down between Civil War and his solo, they could even introduce Hunter in the first movie.

Last edited:
might as well-- but Priest's pick of Kevin Spacey is out, for obvious reasons. Get somebody that is not going to have some creepy accusations pop up.

If white wolf will be in it, who's the best actor? That makes all the difference to me.

How do you make Hunter work in the sequels? Shuri is already there as T'Challa's sibling, Killmonger took the "evil Panther foil" that his Hatute Zeraze garb invokes, and putting the sympathetic POV on the white antagonist might be a polarizing direction.

Well they teased a "MCUing" of the character, they might as well run with it since there is tribal/political strife exposed in Wakanda's underbelly

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"