Black Panther Sequel ideas...

I would want more action scenes to take place outside Wakanda as I feel another action set piece in Wakanda may feel repetitive especially after 2 films already (IW and BP).

I do feel like due to the hit Wakanda will take in IW, someone in the United Staes and Wakanda use that as an advantage to exploit Wakanda through various incidents (A little bit like the Dark knight). It will make for a good sense of political intrigue.

That's a solid point. I wonder if we will see more of him in the USA. Or might we see he visit other countries as well.

That's a solid point. I wonder if we will see more of him in the USA. Or might we see he visit other countries as well.

I'd love to see him join the African Union, actually. Love to see how other African countries react to Wakanda opening up.

I must say though, only two films in and T'Challa's already been quite the globetrotter; Austria, Germany, Russia, Nigeria, South Korea, the U.S. (Plus the Congo and Brazil I think, if you count the prelude comic.)

I'd love to see him join the African Union, actually. Love to see how other African countries react to Wakanda opening up.

I must say though, only two films in and T'Challa's already been quite the globetrotter; Austria, Germany, Russia, Nigeria, South Korea, the U.S. (Plus the Congo and Brazil I think, if you count the prelude comic.)

That'd make for 1 hell of a scene. Seeing him at an African Union summit.

Whilst I support the idea that the sequel should have a good bit outside Wakanda,i dont want that to mean outside Africa.I want to see Wakanda deal with fixing Africa's problem.Keep the movie largely African.

Its why I support Achebe as the villain.Make Achebe the most dangerous Dictator in Africa,The one for Tchalla to beat.Have Wakanda deal with the consequence of accepting Nigandan refugees.

You also have the chance to include Magic with Achebe.Wakandan tech vs Demonic magic.Sight to see.

And with Achebe you have the chance to adapt parts of Christopher priest's enemy of State.

I hope they can get Kraven. Isn't there some type of legal stuff going on with the creators or studio ownership of his character? Not fully sure.

In other unrelated news, Ken Jeong is rumored to be cast as an adult Short Round in the upcoming Indian Jones movie.

Sony has live action rights for kraven. Which coogler apparently had plans for.

Last edited:
The film begins with two prologues, the first during the war between the tribes. Bashenga is shown praying to Bast, offering his own life in exchange for his tribe's protection. Moved by his selflessness, Bast*(voiced by Sophie Okonedo)*appears to him and directs him towards the heart-shaped herb. After the Marvel logo, the second prologue is just after the climax of the first film, showing W'Kabi being judged by the council. Despite M'Baku suggesting he be put to death, T'Challa sentences W'Kabi to life imprisonment.

Three years later, Wakanda continues to provide aid and resources to the rest of the world following the invasion in*Infinity War. T'Challa goes to America to speak to the Avengers (a meeting that is not shown onscreen) and Ayo is made to accompany Shuri with her lab work while Okoye goes with T'Challa. When in Shuri's lab, Ayo finds designs of a female-fitting Black Panther suit, and Shuri eventually convinces Ayo to train her as a warrior.

Meanwhile, at the Oakland outreach centre Nakia is approached by a former Wakandan watchdog named Achebe (Wesley Snipes)*who reveals that he is her long-disappeared father. He explains that he and her now-dead mother left with T'Chaka when she was only a child to find a "special treasure", but T'Chaka returned alone when they both disappeared. Nakia brings him to T'Challa and they accompany him and Okoye back to Wakanda.

When they return, Shuri reveals that she has been trained by Ayo and wants to help T'Challa to defend Wakanda. T'Challa is reluctant, though Okoye suggests that Shuri take part in the annual coming-of-age ceremony at Warrior Falls.

A horrified Ramonda orders Achebe to be imprisoned without Nakia's knowledge. When T'Challa questions her, Ramonda reveals that Achebe disappeared because he tried to betray T'Chaka, feeling that his bloodline was more deserving of the throne. When she learns of his imprisonment, Nakia visits Achebe, who confirms Ramonda's story, but claims that T'Chaka murdered her mother before trying to kill him as well.

Filled with blind fury at this revelation, Nakia is convinced by Achebe to kill a member of T'Challa's family as retribution, or "a life for a life". Two days later, at the ceremony, Ayo proudly wishes Shuri luck and gives her one of her favourite daggers as a token. To everyone's shock, Nakia arrives armed with Achebe's sword, challenging Shuri to ritual combat.

To T'Challa's concern, Shuri accepts the challenge. She initially fights unarmed, instead trying to dodge Nakia's attacks, but Nakia eventually injures her with the sword, showing Shuri and the others that she is indeed fighting to kill. Shuri pulls out Ayo's dagger and they struggle, with Nakia keeping the upper hand throughout. She beats Shuri down at the edge of the waterfall, but Shuri is able to dodge her last attack, causing Nakia to lose her step and fall from the edge, presumably dead.

As Ayo comforts a traumatised Shuri, T'Challa asks the Jabari to search downriver for Nakia's body, though they cannot find her. Nakia, having barely survived, sends her father a means to escape as they plan to find the treasure he was banished searching for. On his way out, he releases W'Kabi and brings him along, claiming to be his "path to redemption". On his way out, Achebe traps T'Challa in the throne room, exposing him to a gas version of the serum that nullifies the powers of the herb.

After W'Kabi and Achebe escape, T'Challa and Shuri search their father's archive to discover an ancient map. The map leads to the original garden of Heart-Shaped Herbs, which Bashenga built a sacred temple around in honour of Bast. Ramonda confirms that this is the treasure Achebe seeks. Seeing this as the last chance to restore his powers and preserve the legacy of the Black Panther, T'Challa decides to find this garden and he and Shuri set off with M'Baku and the Dora Milaje to get to it.

W'Kabi and Achebe rendezvous with Nakia in the jungle and they begin to walk on foot to the temple. Half a mile away from it, they discover a single herb that Achebe convinces Nakia to eat, enhancing both her strength and temper as she radically alters her Wakandan clothing to resemble*her comic outfit.

Meanwhile, T'Challa's group arrive at the temple and enter it, finding the sacred garden. Shuri immediately picks up a herb and plans to take it, though T'Challa still remains adamant that she is not ready for it. The intense argument leaves with Shuri storming out, taking the herb with her. After she leaves, T'Challa takes a herb and awakens in the Ancestral Realm, where he meets T'Chaka and the other kings.

When T'Chaka mentions that the garden must be kept away from Achebe and Nakia, he is confronted by the spirit of Erik Killmonger. T'Challa and Killmonger have an intense debate whether or not he will have to kill the woman he loves for the greater good, a sequence that will probably look quite trippy and symbolic with the actual landscape around them being altered similar to "Be Prepared" in*The Lion King. T'Challa finally decides he does not wish to kill her, and to his surprise Erik accepts his decision. He and Erik have some humorous banter where Erik admits that T'Challa probably will be a better king than he was, giving T'Challa a form of closure for killing Erik.

As he awakens, M'Baku warns him that the enemies are on their way. Shuri arrives to help, both she and T'Challa activating their suits with the power of the herb. The siblings fight Nakia as W'Kabi fights Okoye and M'Baku while the Dora Milaje fight Achebe. T'Challa spares Nakia, but she attacks him and is thrown into the water.

Nearly unconscious, she awakens in the Ancestral Realm and meets her mother*(Viola Davis). Her mother reveals that Achebe was the one that killed her, prompting Nakia to wake up and brutally beat Achebe. T'Challa and Shuri's suits accidentally activate an energy explosion, causing the temple to become unstable as a fatally wounded Achebe sets fire to the rest of the herbs.

As the temple begins to collapse, Ayo pilots the ship in to rescue them, with M'Baku and the Dora Milaje lowering a chain for them to grab onto. As they begin climbing, Achebe also latches onto the chain behind them, causing T'Challa to fall off of the chain. He is grabbed by W'Kabi, whom Achebe sadistically orders to kill T'Challa. As the jet begins to get weighed down, W'Kabi sacrifices himself and lets go of the chain to tackle Achebe, causing them both to fall into the exploding temple to their deaths as the jet escapes with the others unharmed.

As they land outside the rubble, the group mourn W'Kabi and T'Challa laments that he and Shuri will be the last Black Panthers. Shuri confidently disagrees, revealing that she saved a single herb before the fire. When they get home, she studies the herb and recreates the properties, allowing them to replicate the plant.

A year later, a new garden is thriving in the kingdom, ensuring the legacy of the Black Panther will live on. In the final scene, T'Challa waits at the edge of the border, where Nakia arrives to meet him. She reveals that she cannot stay in Wakanda as his Queen, feeling remorse for her actions committed under her father's influence. However, she states that she will always wait for the day that he no longer needs to be King or Black Panther, and the two share a kiss and a goodbye, both confident that they will meet again.

so will we spend more time in Wakanda or more time outside Wakanda?

I kinda wanna see T'Challa in a neighboring African country or perhaps in Latin America or some random European country.

so will we spend more time in Wakanda or more time outside Wakanda?

I kinda wanna see T'Challa in a neighboring African country or perhaps in Latin America or some random European country.

It would be somewhat of a balance for both at least in my idea that I laid out yesterday

We have to spend more time in Wakanda. I want to see more of the tribes. Different Wakandan tribal lifestyles. Border tribe, Mining Tribe, Jabari etc.

If I had to choose between more Wakanda vs International travel, I would have to vote for more Wakanda. Personally I think the sequel should spend at least 2 thirds of the film in Wakanda.

Whilst I support the idea that the sequel should have a good bit outside Wakanda,i dont want that to mean outside Africa.I want to see Wakanda deal with fixing Africa's problem.Keep the movie largely African.

Its why I support Achebe as the villain.Make Achebe the most dangerous Dictator in Africa,The one for Tchalla to beat.Have Wakanda deal with the consequence of accepting Nigandan refugees.

You also have the chance to include Magic with Achebe.Wakandan tech vs Demonic magic.Sight to see.

And with Achebe you have the chance to adapt parts of Christopher priest's enemy of State.

YES great idea. It's the best of both worlds. And I don't think Africa get's enough spot light in the MCU or even the 616 comic books.

Having set pieces set outside Wakanda or even outside Africa will be financially beneficial for the sequel just like the first one with South Korea being one of the highest grossing territories outside the United States.

I need to pick up a ton of these comics you guys were posting. Thank god I finally got paid.

I torrented a few, but none newer than 2002/03 I think.

More and much better fight scenes. This film lacked a truly memorable fight scene for T'Challa/Black Panther.

Better CG effects.

I hope they go the Winter Soldier route with Black Panther 2 in the sense of it being more like a political thriller but having somewhat of that spy aspect to it but also retain the essence of T'Challa and Wakanda too

The sequel should be based on any of the two.

Sturm Und Drang
main-qimg-bb0936ee2ca1ca81c6f92e06a70957cf.webp

Enemy of The State
latest

I want to see the implications of T'Challa revealing to the UN that his "nation of farmers" has long been 10% rural and 90% living in an invisible city where regular people have access to super-science, and the implications of an Egyptian god being real.

1) The Iron Man trilogy and Ant-Man were about how American tech heroes can't trust the government and have to hoard their inventions instead. Wakanda is an absolute monarchy that shows it doesn't have to be that way. Representative democracy should be discredited, at least in countries that have a tech superhero they could crown king.
2) Wakanda was able to hide its existence from the world's intelligence agencies (unless some governments have intel superior to SHIELD, which raises its own implications). With that track record, other governments should be begging Wakanda to train their counter-intel agents.
3) Thor should discover that Bast exists. Plus is she still in contact with the rest of the Egyptian gods?

Coogler better return for the sequel.

I guess the earliest we see the film is 2021?

Yes!! This!! The main thing is beyond any villain that Coogler returns... I was heartbroken that he didn’t return for Creed 2. This guy really has an eye for getting the best out of his actors and scenes ..

Yes!! This!! The main thing is beyond any villain that Coogler returns... I was heartbroken that he didn’t return for Creed 2. This guy really has an eye for getting the best out of his actors and scenes ..

I agree. It makes me worry about Creed 2's critical reception

I kinda wonder if they might double down on the CGI and raise the budget even higher from 200 million from the first.

Marvel Studios recently changed an upcoming release date of a movie yet to be named, from July 2021 to February 12, 2021. I was previously thinking BP2 would be placed in the Feb 2022 spot, but now I think it's a pretty good bet that Feb 2021 is when we'll see BP2.

Aloha,
Now that Marvel will eventually have the rights to the FF and others, I would love a combination of Doomwar and Panthers Quest. No one has presented Dr Doom in all his hideous glory. I think he would be the perfect villain after Killmongers great presentation.

Long Live the King of Wakanda

Aloha,
Now that Marvel will eventually have the rights to the FF and others, I would love a combination of Doomwar and Panthers Quest. No one has presented Dr Doom in all his hideous glory. I think he would be the perfect villain after Killmongers great presentation.

Long Live the King of Wakanda

That will probably be for a third movie.

Both the second and third movie need to have the epic feel to them though.

I t will be a shame for Marvel to not follow this route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"