show me an action hero movie in which the hero having a kid works.

sf2

Superhero
Reaction score
yap, give me some examples.

and don't give me "it didn't work last time doesn't mean it can't work today." that kinda crap.

I brought up "Hook" in a Thread a few days ago & a few People said they liked & enjoyed it. While that may not be exactly an Action Hero the Movie was about a well known Hero

not really right forum

sf2 said:
yap, give me some examples.

and don't give me "it didn't work last time doesn't mean it can't work today." that kinda crap.

Superman Returns is not an 'Action Hero' movie.

I would say...Terminator 2 and True Lies.

the Incredibles and My Father Is A Hero (aka the Enforcer, starring Jet Li) :D :up:

Dnsk said:
I brought up "Hook" in a Thread a few days ago & a few People said they liked & enjoyed it. While that may not be exactly an Action Hero the Movie was about a well known Hero
Do people actually like that movie? I saw it a few weeks ago for the first time in ages and although the idea was great and it had a few great moments, it was just........bad. Sorry. IMO.

Terminator 2
True Lies
Last Action Hero
Batman Begins(Even if it is a few scenes ;) )
Jurassic Park
The Crow(She's not really a kid, but having her in the movie didn't hurt and she had a very different role in the graphic novel.)

Air Force One (the President has a daughter), Bad Boys I and II (Martin Lawrence has kids), the Punisher (Frank Castle had a son)

I think that yes, having a kid in a film can work. Its just that most of the ime hollywood adds a kid because they have no new ideas rather than adding him to further develop the story.

Plus it comes down to how the kid is written into the film.

It can work and it can fail big time.

Kids should stay out of serious movies that involve action (like Superman). None of us want MUMMY RETURNS or LEGEND OF ZORRO or THUNDERBIRDS or LAST ACTION HERO (IT SUCKED).

PUNISHER was cool, because the KID dies...he gets ran over. :)

And what is with these endless HOOK comparisons. HOOK sucked!!! It was NOT a box office smash either. The story concept was cool, but ultimately it sucked...I think it has something to do with Dustin Hoffman, he was a bad choice for the Captain.

Phantom Menace

- actually no that didn't work
- at all

The Mummy Returns with Mr. Ecko in it was good to me. Hook too. Besides that I got nothing.

TheBlueWolf said:
Kids should stay out of serious movies that involve action (like Superman). None of us want MUMMY RETURNS or LEGEND OF ZORRO or THUNDERBIRDS or LAST ACTION HERO (IT SUCKED).

PUNISHER was cool, because the KID dies...he gets ran over. :)

And what is with these endless HOOK comparisons. HOOK sucked!!! It was NOT a box office smash either. The story concept was cool, but ultimately it sucked...I think it has something to do with Dustin Hoffman, he was a bad choice for the Captain.

LOL You are out of your mind Dustin Hoffman was a great Choice for Captain Hook. I think that the diassapointment about Hook was that nobody wanted to see a Grown Up Peter Pan. I mean this was a boy that promised never to grow up.

T2
True lies
Aliens

these three are the best examples .... James Cameron rules :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"