Silent Hill: Homecoming

KevanG

Pragmatic Villain
Reaction score
Anyone else excited for this? I've been a huge fan of Silent Hill since the first game came out and pre-ordered this one, the trailer looks pretty good and it should be a fun game... I've missed the scary games coming out, silent hill, clock tower, ect... Most of the games coming out these days that proclaim to be scary and they tend to be a huge letdown, Condemned for example. Here's hoping it's a good as Silent Hill 2.:grin:

I am looking forward to Silent Hill: Homecoming. I've been a fan of the series since the original Silent Hill, with part 2 being my favorite.

Gamespot hands on.

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/adve...om_act=convert&om_clk=picks&tag=picks;title;1

942060_20080819_screen013.jpg

942060_20080819_screen014.jpg

942060_20080714_screen001.jpg

942060_20080714_screen003.jpg

Not sure how I feel about the return of Pyramid Head. Ol' PH seems more effective as a one off, specifically out to torment James.

Im feeling this one. I like what i hear about the new combat system. I dont think ill be able to pick this up when it drops tho, its just not gonna be able to knock games like Gears of War, Fable and Fallout off of my budget list.

I'm torn between this and Dead Space. Whuch one do you all think will be the scarier experience?

Too bad that there doesn't seem to be alot of activity for this thread. I think the game looks pretty nice. It could be that everyone else is burnt out on Silent Hill. Ive only played the first one.

I have Silent Hill 1-4, plus origins on the PSP. I'll be glad to add Homecoming to the collection. This game seems particularly disturbing, and I can't wait to experience the terrors it will unleash.

Last edited:
I hope the controls are good bc its what I didnt like about the previous entries

The controls do seem pretty good from what i have seen. It appears that your character will move more fluid and quick. This makes sense considering he was an ex soldier with battle experience. You can dodge and counter attack which seems really cool.

Too bad that there doesn't seem to be alot of activity for this thread. I think the game looks pretty nice. It could be that everyone else is burnt out on Silent Hill. Ive only played the first one.

That or the fact this game is dropping in a heavy season.

Did anyone pic this up? The reviews werent exactly impressive.

I've read positive and negative reviews, I think I'm going to rent it first. I should give it a chance, since I've been a fan of the series since the first Silent Hill.

Thats what i plan on doing. Its already on my Gamefly list.

Cool Doom avy btw.

Thats what i plan on doing. Its already on my Gamefly list.

Cool Doom avy btw.

Yeah, renting a game first is the best way to go. Also thanks, DOOM is one of favorite games of all time.

:word::up:

Picked this game up after a friend recommended it to me. It's the first Silent Hill game I've played, so unfortunately I can't say where it ranks with the previous games, but I can say that I'm really enjoying it so far. Interesting story, and the creepy factor is through the roof, which I like.

Been playing it for several hours.

The controls, especially combat are more advanced, but the enemies are harder. It's a lot less linear than the other games. You still have to get from A to B, but you can vist other places and get cutscenes before you do. So far, this is the least scary/distrubing of the series for me, but I've got a hunch it's longer than the others. It seems to have a bigger cast and I just now came across Pyramid Head.

It's also the first SH with swearing. There's one creature where Alex looks at it and goes "Are you ****ting me?" :up:

The story's one of the scariest parts of SH usually...this one's too soon to tell.

Sounds sweet. Cant wait to rent it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"