SingStar PS3 Delayed For The US

imdaly

- Part 12
Reaction score
SingStar PS3 Delayed For The US

For all the talk of Metal Gear Solid 4, there's one game that's going to sell more PlayStation 3s than any other over the next 6-9 months. And that's SingStar. Well, it will in Europe and Australia, anyways, where it's launching in December. Americans are going to have to wait, because thanks to some licensing issues with the game's online marketplace, it won't be out for, according to Sony's Peter Dille, "a little bit". Which to us reads like 2008.
Source

The game has never been big in America, well previous iterations failed to catch on like it has in Europe (millions per iteration) so oh well. Maybe the integrated online store will help push the game in America, granted now they have the same problem as other music games, how to justify a sequel? But then again they might never make another proper Singstar Sequel and just iterate upon this one.

SingStar is supposed to be a system seller?

In Europe anyway, granted it was successful on a much lower barrier of entry PS2. Still 399 helps, certainly more then 499 did.

I work at a Toys R Us and dont think we've ever sold a single copy of Singstar...yet they keep sending us dozens of copies of the new versions :confused:

In Europe anyway, granted it was successful on a much lower barrier of entry PS2. Still 399 helps, certainly more then 499 did.
oh well, then I guess being delayed in the US is no big deal. At least Europe gets it

Singstar is one of those games over in Europe that really opens the market up. It will help shift systems. The previous games have been a huge success, and this type of party game in general goes down really well in Europe.

Singstar is one of those games over in Europe that really opens the market up. It will help shift systems. The previous games have been a huge success, and this type of party game in general goes down really well in Europe.
do you own any of them? I was really surprised about hearing Singstar being a system seller bc its not big at all here in the US. Ive never played one nor do I have a desire to

I was looking forward to this game. I'm the kind of person who likes things like the Wii and EyeToy and whatnot :(

americans like music games....especiallly ddr.........i didnt know that watching people dance like a ****** to techno could be so hilarious :)............but yeah sing stars not a big deal in the states ...so i guess delay or no delay not that big of a deal............

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"