Sequels Sinister Six in ASM3

Super Jim

Sidekick
Reaction score
While discussing the new on set photos of Emma in a green jacket and how this quite possibly spells her doom in ASM2, it got me thinking about where we're going in ASM3.

For Gwen to die in ASM2 (which isn't definitive yet) that would mean that Green Goblin is very prominently featured. And then with Electro and Rhino at least featured in this film, it seems like we're already getting a bit overloaded on baddies.

So, in thinking about how it is very likely they may kill Gwen at the end of ASM2, leaving us wanting revenge on GG, setting up ASM3, I was wondering what they would need to do to make ASM3 huge.

So while thinking about Green Goblin I started to realize that the final film in the 3 part series could be the Sinister Six. Just imagine the film poster with Spidey in the middle, surrounded by the Green Goblin (above) and five others. Wow, what a thought, right?

So, I thought I would start this thread to first discuss the concept of the Sinister Six in ASM3 and better yet, who would make your Sinister Six wish list, knowing what we know?

So, here are my thoughts on this...

Of course, we start with Green Goblin as the leader...

Rhino and/or Electro could make it if either they escape in ASM2, are only shown towards the end of the film or in an after credits scene as being developed (cross species experiment for Rhino - for example) or if they are imprisoned but are broken out by GG. By using one or both you wouldn't have to spend a lot of time introducing these two.

Would love to see the Vulture. The flying aspect makes him appealing.

Kraven the Hunter would be amazing here.

Mysterio would probably make it as his powers are so different from others.

Lastly (if I couldn't have Electro and Rhino because of the events of ASM2) is Scorpion and/or Shocker. Scorpion might be too close to Rhino, if they went with the suit, but if it's the whole cross species thing it could work.

It would be hard to fit all of this into one movie as you would probably have to cover all of the back stories, at least to some degree, but it is possible. Half of them are either cross-species or suits, so this could be all Oscorp tied. Kraven would just be a "you want the best hunt of your life" discussion. And Mysterio could be another manipulation or a jail break...

So would you like to see the Sinister Six, or would that be too much for one flick, if yes, who would make up the list, and third, what's the possibility of this happening?

I think it will just be Octopus and GG. Sinister Six for ASM 4 or beyond.

I think it will just be Octopus and GG. Sinister Six for ASM 4 or beyond.

I don't know if they're thinking past ASM3.

I guess my thought is Green Goblin is usually a main part of Sinister 6. Sure it could be Doc Ock instead, but not sure if we'll revisit that villain.

GG is important because of Gwen, so we knew we were going back there, but Doc Ock isn't necessary (but would be cool if done right).

IF, and that's a big if, we go past 3 I think Venom for four, followed by Carnage.

Carnage would be crazy good!!!!!

So the point is that plenty can be done past ASM3, even if they went a Sinister Six plotline... Plus what a way to end this three parter.

Only if Spider-Man is competent when dealing with Rhino and Electro in TAS-M 2. One thing I didn't care for is how Raimi made talks about the Sinister Six and yet his Spidey couldn't deal with Sandman and Venom on his own and needed help and so there'd be no way his Spider-Man could deal with the Sinister Six, but if Webb has his Spider-Man being much stronger and faster than in the first film and is competent enough with those two villains in the sequel...I'd say, let's see a Sinister Six.

What kind of storyline do you propose that would not only introduce and showcase all of these villains in a satisfying way, providing a logical rationale for them to team up to kill Spider-Man, while also maintaining the very important human element of Peter Parker's life and all that it entails (relationships with Gwen, MJ, Harry, Aunt May, going to school, working at the Bugle, etc...), all in about 2 hours or so?

The Sinister Six, while great fun and fanservice in the comic books and cartoons, just doesn't seem like the best fit for a series like TASM.

Last edited:
I don't want Norman to form a Sinister 6. I want it to be purely Spidey vs. Gobby. Then after ASM3 you can bring in Doc Ock and then in ASM5 have Sinister 6. If they plan for so many movies, that is.

Yep. ASM3 is way too soon for S6. Plus we should have a film dedicated to Spidey vs. Gobby

I think ASM4 is also too soon. ASM5 or ASM6 would be my hope.

I want this:

3rd movie - Green Goblin.
4th movie - Venom and maybe Kraven.
5th movie - Venom vs. Carnage.
6th movie - Sinister Six + Hobgoblin (Harry Osborn).

TASM - The Lizard
TASM 2 - Electro (main) and Rhino (side)
TASM 3 - Green Goblin (main) and Chameleon (side)

Venom - Spider-Man
Venom: Lethal Protector - Carnage

TASM 4 - Scorpion (main) and Vulture (side)
TASM 5 - Doc Ock (main) and Mysterio (side)
TASM vs. The Sinister Six - The Sinister Six (Doc Ock, Electro, Rhino, Mysterio, Scorpion, and Vulture)

That's how I would do it personally,

First trilogy should be about the green goblin, 2nd trilogy can focus on the sinister six, maybe even have Dock Ock as the main villain of that storyline

I've always envisioned the Sinister Six popping up after the (seeming?) defeat of GG and while Peter's still overwhelmed with coping with Gwen's loss. And while he's at his lowest emotional state, the symbiote comes along by whatever means, and it feeds off of his instability and gives him the strength to defeat the S6. He keeps the symbiote at the end of the movie, which would be ASM4, I guess, which leads into Venom's movie and stuff.

Yes, this borrows heavily from SSM.

They should do a film series that just basically borrows from TSSM since it's so goddamn amazing :up:

I don't want Norman associate with S6. He can be given a good enough plotline without that. We know Norman's dying and that he's got a sizeable legacy in OsCorp. There's a wealth of stuff you could pull from that. The S6 should come in the middle of a second trilogy with Rhino as the leader (not trolling; I'd love to see an uncannily intelligent mobster heading up an organization of powered villains).

What kind of storyline do you propose that would not only introduce and showcase all of these villains in a satisfying way, providing a logical rationale for them to team up to kill Spider-Man, while also maintaining the very important human element of Peter Parker's life and all that it entails (relationships with Gwen, MJ, Harry, Aunt May, going to school, working at the Bugle, etc...), all in about 2 hours or so?

The Sinister Six, while great fun and fanservice in the comic books and cartoons, just doesn't seem like the best fit for a series like TASM.

I think first and foremost, this would only work if, unfotunately, Gwen dies in ASM2. Maybe this isn't what will happen, but the recent set pics kind of points to it...

So, if in ASM2 Rhino was only a thug and you have Electro defeated, but Goblin, after killing Gwen, gets away, you now have at least 2, if not 3, of the possible Sinister Six already introduced (They could break Electro out of jail to enlist in the S6).

Add in the other 3, a couple of which would be Oscorp enhanced (Vulture, Scorpion) and then add in Kraven or the Camelion (who could apply to a Richard Parker story) and you have your 6.

The story could be all about Richard Parker. The Six are hired/created to defeat Spiderman AND find Richard Parker, who is needed to fix the serum.

Spidey gets into it, has to protect daddy, gets all caught up in the past, and has to defeat the six. Think he would need help, which is why the venom suit (as someone suggested) would be good and maybe the Black Cat, which could create a jealosy issue for MJ. I don;t think they should delve too far into MJ and Peter hooking up as that would come off a bit too soon.

I do agree that a whole movie could be around just the Green Goblin, but a Sinister Six movie with GG as the leader would be HUGE. Bigger than Avengers possibly. Could it be done? Well, that's the real question...

I do agree that a whole movie could be around just the Green Goblin, but a Sinister Six movie with GG as the leader would be HUGE. Bigger than Avengers possibly. Could it be done? Well, that's the real question...

I wouldn't mind that idea at all. I'm sure it would be on a "huge" scale, but I'm not sure if as big as Avengers. It would definitely be a test.
Avengers I think is huge because the GA has connected and fallen in love with each character. (Mostly) I can't see that same effect with a villain group. My theory applies also with the Fast and the Furious movies. Idk I'm just thinking aloud but I definitely would pay to watch a SS6 movie with Gobby leading.

^ I hear ya on the difference between a Sinister Six movie and the Avengers. The great thing with the S6 is that you only need to introduce five of the 6, while only the GG needs a big backstory (some of which has been done if the leader was GG).

The audience doesn't need to, nor would we want them to love these 6. If anything, we want them, or at least some of them, hated, making us root for their defeat.

When I indicated "bigger than Avengers" I meant the story and maybe the fight scene (though that would be tough). Just the idea of GG being a mastermind controlling 5 super powered beings is appealing. They would need to stay away from the "Spiderman, come to the dark side" story that was used in the bad spiderman movies, though and keep it to the murder Spiderman so he won't get in our way anymore.

^ I hear ya on the difference between a Sinister Six movie and the Avengers. The great thing with the S6 is that you only need to introduce five of the 6, while only the GG needs a big backstory (some of which has been done if the leader was GG).

The audience doesn't need to, nor would we want them to love these 6. If anything, we want them, or at least some of them, hated, making us root for their defeat.

When I indicated "bigger than Avengers" I meant the story and maybe the fight scene (though that would be tough). Just the idea of GG being a mastermind controlling 5 super powered beings is appealing. They would need to stay away from the "Spiderman, come to the dark side" story that was used in the bad spiderman movies, though and keep it to the murder Spiderman so he won't get in our way anymore.
Yeah definitely. Agree with most of this.
The audience definitely needs to have a disliking for the Six, but I also feel would need some sort of affinity for them. But you're right.

ASM2 has Norman, Rhino and Electro so I think it's possible that they can add 3 other villians for ASM3. The other 3 villians could already be prisoners in Ravenscroft so there wouldn't be that much setup needed to explain their backstory. After the Avengers and TDK trilogy I think this series needs something big and different to make it memorable and a Sinister Six movie could be it. We already got Spidey vs Goblin in SM1, something fresh is needed and it's doubtful we get more than 3 movies from this cast so if they want to do Sinister 6 they are in a pretty good position to set this up.

I would go Goblin and maybe introduce Kingpin. In ASM 4, I would try to incorporate it into the MCU and bring in supporting characters like DD, Punisher, and anyone else that needs exposure. Sony benefits if solo adventures grow a little stale and they want more of a grander, Spidey and Friends type franchise (fits with "think bigger" tweet by Webb). MCU benefits by getting exposure to characters that they have no interest in producing pictures for at the moment. If the rights revert back to Marvel several years after ASM 3, I see Marvel doing Spiderman more like Captain America, incorporating supporting heroes from the Marvel universe. Otherwise, it's just going to be recycling the same old villains every time out.

^ Right, but if they went with the alien symbiote in ASM3, which would be needed to defeat the Sinister Six (could be part of the storyline), possibly along with a friend, like the Black Cat, then they could easily get into the Venom story for ASM4 (if we get there).

It is possible that this current cast would be done after ASM3, so they could recast (not always an easy thing to do) but start off where they left off, with Peter and MJ developing, Spidey with the black suit, him working at the paper with a not over the top JJ, and another writer or photographer who will end up hating Peter.

ASM4 would be all about Venom and not rushed like done in SM3. That story should be on the emotions within Peter and Brock and there wouldn't need to be other villains.

As far as your idea of supporting characters, why not do that in ASM5, which could be the Carnage story.

I always felt that Carnage would be the epitomy of bad guys for Spiderman. Of course this needs to be set up by already having a venom story, but imagine Carnage, totally crazy and unstoppable with no marals (which is different than Venom), and Peter needing the help of Venom, Black Cat, and maybe a couple of other cameo characters. It is too bad that the Spiderman franchise and the other Marvel franchises are different, so we aren't likely to see the avengers in a Sony flick, but one could hope.

Knowing the Maximum Carnage story (one of my favorites and what a perfect movie title) there were so many supporting characters. Here is a quick list off the top of me head...

Bad Guys first:

Carnage
Shriek (What a perfect supporting villain and love interest for Cletus)
Doppleganger
Demogoblin
Carrion

Good Guys:

Spidey
Black Cat
Captain America
Cloak & Dagger
Iron Fist
Deathlok
Morbius
Firestar

There may have been others that I can't remember. Wouldn't need, nor want all for a movie like this anyway. Maybe just Carnage and Shriek (similar to Joker and Harley Quinn) versus Spiderman with help from Venom and Black Cat. There could be cameos though, as you dicsussed.

Also what Peydro Parker writes above is very true. We've already seen the whole Spiderman versus Green Goblin thing done (and poorly). Of course Green Goblin has to happen in any storyline that has Gwen, but it needs to be different enough. Sure we can still have the one on one fight between them that results in Gwen dying, but the finish to that matchup needs to be bigger and badder. A whole movie devoted to it with a group of villains makes more and more sense...

I believe we're gonna get GG at the end of this movie, but it's not gonna be revealed who it is until the third.

I also would love for Norman to die in this film, then have it revealed in the third that the Goblin formula kept him alive and he's the Goblin.

ASM - Lizard
ASM2 - Rhino, Electro
ASM3 - Green Goblin, Mysterio

ASM4 - Sinister Six lead by Dr. Ock with Vulture added

5 years later - Reboot (without the origin story)
^^^^ Kraven/Venom/Chameleon/Scorpion explored

I believe we're gonna get GG at the end of this movie, but it's not gonna be revealed who it is until the third.

I also would love for Norman to die in this film, then have it revealed in the third that the Goblin formula kept him alive and he's the Goblin.
:gg::gg::gg:

DocOck "The Leader"
Shocker "The Shocker"
Rhino "The Muscle Return"
Mysterio "The Illusionist"
Kraven "The Hunter/Tracker"
Vulture "The Aerial Assault"

For me...it's imperative that TS6 come after ASM3, because there's an aspect of the film/story that need to be told in order to not only setup ASM4 featuring TS6, but for ASM5 as well, to close out a "Trilogy" so to speak, within the series, in a Big Way...and I mean in a Big Shocking Way, that tie it all together, make sense, change everything...I promise you, no one would see it coming.

I guarantee it. ;)

Last edited:
I don't think Sony will ever do it.

They want to milk the franchise as long as possible, that means bleeding out villains as slow as possible.

Unless they use 6 villains after a few movies and decide to bring them all back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"