Arrow Slade after being cured of the Mirakuru drug....

ZIPBAGS

Sidekick
Reaction score
One of the main reasons Slade went after Oliver was because his mind was messed up from the Mirakuru drug. Hence the Shado hallucinations. Once he was given the cure. Shouldn't his intense hatred for Oliver been severely curved? At least to the point he would keep going after him. Hoping someone can answer this for me.

You're right. But that would require thinking from the writing team. We know how much they like doing that when it doesn't pertain to Ollicity.

I've said before that if they were to bring back Slade keep his animosity towards Oliver there. But it should be like a fly buzzing in his ear rather than his reason for being. Deathstroke should go back to his merc roots and work for the highest bidder and if Oliver gets in his way then all the better, but if he doesn't then to Hell with him.

Judging by his last appearance, I'd say Slade is still pretty messed up in the head, and I suppose years of Mirakuru rage and hallucinations could do that to you. Plus at that point Oliver had been keeping him in prison, solitary confinement no less. I think he should evolve provided he does return (I want him too, but Manu doesn't appear to feel the same way), though.

Curing him should've given him lasting side effects like his enhanced abilities.

A lot of people thought that if Slade was cured he would go back to being a good guy. Having him retain his bitter and vengeful personality after being cured was a surprise to people. It showed that the Slade Wilson who trained Oliver, was one of his only friends on the island, who protected and fought for him and who considered Oliver his brother was the same one who now hated him and wanted Oliver to die a slow and painful death. It made it more personal (and somewhat tragic) between them as it wasn't the mirakuru that made Slade hate him but it was how Slade (the same one who used to be so close to Oliver) now felt.

Last edited:
Because the writers wanted to keep Slade as a potential long-term nemesis for Oliver. But it appears that they didn't realize that they had tied his hatred SO MUCH to being hopped up on Mirakuru until late in the game. So they had to scramble and provide justification for why Slade would STILL hate Oliver even after being cured. Hence the hamfisted "oh I hated you BEFORE the Mirakuru," which wasn't even remotely showed/implied/mentioned at all before that.

Basically, it was sloppy writing. Honestly, Slade should have just said "later kid" and then went of an become the elite mercenary that he is in the comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"