Infinity War Smartest In the Marvel Universe

And yet she was completely useless with Vision.
She was the only person capable of removing his stone, although she ran out of time. Neither Stark, nor Banner were capable of doing that, thus Shuri has more smarts.

Practically everything in Wakanda (of late) has been designed by Shuri, at least as far as weaponry, vehicles and costumes/suits are concerned. Wakanda is technologically superior to Stark Industries.

She was the only person capable of removing his stone, although she ran out of time. Neither Stark, nor Banner were capable of doing that, thus Shuri has more smarts.

Practically everything in Wakanda (of late) has been designed by Shuri, at least as far as weaponry, vehicles and costumes/suits are concerned. Wakanda is technologically superior to Stark Industries.

Stark wasn't even on the planet. How do you know he wasn't capable of removing it?

What makes their tech better than Stark's? How is the Black Panther suit better than the MK. 50?

Tell you what, if she's as smart as everyone claims to be, then it'll be her or at least her ideas and her knowledge that will take down Thanos and undo the snap in the next movie. If that plays out, I'll eat my words.

Shuri's got the most advanced tech except for the GotG. We don't know how much of it was created before she got there though. So all we can say for sure is that she's been exposed to these problems, solutions, and enhancements more than Tony or Bruce.

She's definitely up there but take away the tech and we'd have to see what she can do. I'd put Tony, Bruce, Rocket, and Shuri up there for sure. Might even give Rocket an edge based on him breaking out of so many prisons.

And yet she was completely useless with Vision.

She wasn't. She was the only one who had a viable option for removing the Stone from Vision's head, and the only reason she didn't succeed was because they ran out of time.

And I still haven't seen anything to indicate they are. In fact, we already had one scene dedicated to showing that she had a better idea about Vision that neither Bruce nor Tony thought of when they were building him.

Strange doesn't even factor in. Don't know why he's even being discussed.

Strange is not inventor smart, but Tony could never master mystic arts the way Strange can, so Strange has an intelligence on a mystical/cosmic scale Tony does not have.

And I still haven't seen anything to indicate they are. In fact, we already had one scene dedicated to showing that she had a better idea about Vision that neither Bruce nor Tony thought of when they were building him.

Strange doesn't even factor in. Don't know why he's even being discussed.

wait, they didn't even build Vision. They weren't the ones that put the stone in his forehead. They had nothing to do with the building process.

All they did was put Jarvis in him.

So that was the film makers mistake just to make Shuri look smart.

wait, they didn't even build Vision. They weren't the ones that put the stone in his forehead. They had nothing to do with the building process.

There's a whole scene dedicated to them configuring the A.I. they plan on uploading into him.

[YT]909pGYB22Zw[/YT]

They may not have designed the body but they were very much the ones responsible for his "birth" and consciousness. Not even mentioning that Tony is the one who designed J.A.R.V.I.S. in the first place.

Last edited:
Ok, the AI, that has nothing to do with how to remove the stone.

Ok, the AI, that has nothing to do with how to remove the stone.

And the conversation where they're discussing that is about the initial programming of Vision.

[YT]5QlQaZWaSJA[/YT]

"We had to attach each neuron non-sequentially."

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?"

Professor X because he effectively knows what everyone does being the most powerful psychic on the planet.

Stark wasn't even on the planet. How do you know he wasn't capable of removing it?

What makes their tech better than Stark's? How is the Black Panther suit better than the MK. 50?
We don't know Stark wasn't capable of removing the stone, but what we do know is that Shuri would have designed Vision (his consciousness) better if she was involved in his creation. That is evident during her discussion with Banner.

Thus, based on this alone, Shuri is smarter than Stark & Banner combined.

So that was the film makers mistake just to make Shuri look smart.
It's only a mistake because you don't want Shuri to be as smart (or smarter) than Stark or Banner. The fact of the matter is, based on evidence we have, is that Shuri is smarter.

I'm sorry that you can't accept that.

Having someone doing the same job a different way does not necessarily make them smarter. Still, it's a movie mistake, they DIDN'T work on Vision or his neurons or any of his physical form including the stone. They couldn't open up the Cradle, so how exactly were they working on him? All they did was upload Jarvis onto him.

Like I said before, if she's that smart, then it'll be her ideas, her tech, her know how that takes Thanos down.

I'll be sure to be on here eating crow, IF that happens

Still, it's a movie mistake, they DIDN'T work on Vision or his neurons or any of his physical form including the stone. They couldn't open up the Cradle, so how exactly were they working on him?

Remotely via the consoles. Again, they didn't just cram J.A.R.V.I.S. inside the body. There's a whole scene of them working away on their computers and Banner saying things about trying to format Vision so that J.A.R.V.I.S. can be downloaded inside.

Just because they weren't physically snapping the body together like Lego bricks doesn't mean they had no hand in it, lol.

Having someone doing the same job a different way does not necessarily make them smarter. Still, it's a movie mistake, they DIDN'T work on Vision or his neurons or any of his physical form including the stone. They couldn't open up the Cradle, so how exactly were they working on him? All they did was upload Jarvis onto him.

Like I said before, if she's that smart, then it'll be her ideas, her tech, her know how that takes Thanos down.

I'll be sure to be on here eating crow, IF that happens

When the freaking director of the movie says she is the smartest and you just refuse to see it you are in clearly denial. That's like me being a fan of Superman and denying that Luthor is smarter than him because i prefer Supes more.

This is not up for debate. She is the smartest person in the MCU. Period.

Strange is not inventor smart, but Tony could never master mystic arts the way Strange can, so Strange has an intelligence on a mystical/cosmic scale Tony does not have.

:highfive:

Agreed. I dont think Strange is getting enough props here.

While nobody can dispute that Shuri is clearly a technological genius, rivalling or surpassing Tony Stark I think people are overlooking that she has a significant advantage in growing up with access to Wakandan technology and vibranium ( which in MCU is almost magic in what it can do).

Tony used early 21st century rocket tech to build an armoured suit and a power source, while his chest was hooked up to a car battery, in a freaking cave ! - to me that's more impressive than anything Shuri has done so far.

It's a bit like Isaac Newton said " If I have seen farther than others it was because I was standing on the shoulders of giants."

Shuri may indeed be more technologically gifted than Tony, but I suggest part of that comes from being part of a civilisation that was more technologically advanced than the one Stark came from to begin with and having access to vibranium which no one else on Earth has.

In fact that makes Stark's feats even more impressive - e.g. the nanotech suit.

I'm not a big Iron Man fan, but credit where credit is due.

Not seeing much love for Rocket Raccoon in this thread either.

When the freaking director of the movie says she is the smartest and you just refuse to see it you are in clearly denial. That's like me being a fan of Superman and denying that Luthor is smarter than him because i prefer Supes more.

This is not up for debate. She is the smartest person in the MCU. Period.

Right, because directors are always right. I guess Fant4stic is a masterpiece to you.

List her feats vs Tony's. Or just hers. What piece of tech, that she created, without the help of her magic Wakandan rock, has out shone Tony?

If Superman is building advanced suits and rivaling Lex Luthor in the smarts department, then there would be an argument.

It has nothing to do with preference. You see me in the "most powerful MCU " character thread claiming Iron Man is #1? I just call it now i see it.

Look, everyone is smarter in their own field.

Shuri - Titanium manipulation

Stark - robotics and energy fusion technology

Banner - genetics and radiology

Strange - medicine

Pym - Quantum mechanics

There's not one character that is hugely and impossibly smarter than the rest. They just have all their specialties.

You're hilariously naïve. :whatever:

Tony used early 21st century rocket tech to build an armoured suit and a power source, while his chest was hooked up to a car battery, in a freaking cave ! - to me that's more impressive than anything Shuri has done so far.
Shuri still needs to understand the equipment she's playing with; just as Tony understood rocket tech and car batteries. It's both subjective and relative, though the indication for me is that Shuri suggested something about Vision which neither Stark nor Banner had even thought about. That wasn't Wakandan in nature - it's something that Stark & Banner could have done had they simply thought of it.

You're hilariously naïve. :whatever:

Shuri still needs to understand the equipment she's playing with; just as Tony understood rocket tech and car batteries. It's both subjective and relative, though the indication for me is that Shuri suggested something about Vision which neither Stark nor Banner had even thought about. That wasn't Wakandan in nature - it's something that Stark & Banner could have done had they simply thought of it.

Fair comment. Shuri had an idea that didn't occur to Bruce or Tony at the time -
But then Spider Man had an idea - how to take out Ebony Maw and save Strange- that Tony didn't, does that make him smarter ?

I don't buy the whole "it's relative " argument. Isaac Newton had only 17-18th century tech to work with, but remains one of the greatest minds ever to walk the Earth.

I'm not impressed by Shuri's feats because they all happen in a lab ( and yes, as opposed to a cave while hooked up to a car battery). If she throws together something awesome from some old spare parts, then i'll be impressed.

As for Wakandan tech I suggest that while Shuri has invented some neat toys, Wakandan tech was already highly advanced - or are we asked to believe that all of Wakanda's amazing technology was invented by her ? If so how did Wakanda stay hidden before she came along ?

I think this is probably the fairest comment so far:

Look, everyone is smarter in their own field.

Shuri - Titanium manipulation

Stark - robotics and energy fusion technology

Banner - genetics and radiology

Strange - medicine

Pym - Quantum mechanics

There's not one character that is hugely and impossibly smarter than the rest. They just have all their specialties.

:highfive:

Agreed. I dont think Strange is getting enough props here.

While nobody can dispute that Shuri is clearly a technological genius, rivalling or surpassing Tony Stark I think people are overlooking that she has a significant advantage in growing up with access to Wakandan technology and vibranium ( which in MCU is almost magic in what it can do).

It's a bit like Isaac Newton said " If I have seen farther than others it was because I was standing on the shoulders of giants."

Shuri may indeed be more technologically gifted than Tony, but I suggest part of that comes from being part of a civilisation that was more technologically advanced than the one Stark came from to begin with and having access to vibranium which no one else on Earth has.

In fact that makes Stark's feats even more impressive - e.g. the nanotech suit.

I'm not a big Iron Man fan, but credit where credit is due.

Not seeing much love for Rocket Raccoon in this thread either.
I came in here thinking that Rocket doesn't get enough credit for how smart he is. He's broken out of numerous prisons and has shown an aptitude for creating weapons out of scraps. Plus, we don't know if he's the creator of the rocket and/or spacesuits that the Guardians used throughout Vol. 2, both of which are technologies/gear that are pretty advanced.

Would Rocket count though given that his intelligence was artificially generated?

Right, because directors are always right. I guess Fant4stic is a masterpiece to you.

List her feats vs Tony's. Or just hers. What piece of tech, that she created, without the help of her magic Wakandan rock, has out shone Tony?

If Superman is building advanced suits and rivaling Lex Luthor in the smarts department, then there would be an argument.

It has nothing to do with preference. You see me in the "most powerful MCU " character thread claiming Iron Man is #1? I just call it now i see it.

WTF has Fan4stic has to do with anything? Is that even an argument or did you pull it from your rear. The Russos and Coogler have said she is the smartest. It's hilarious that you accept that Thanos defeated Hulk without the power stone because Russos said and then you go the other way and dismiss them whent hey state something you don't like.

The Russos said she is the smartest, she is the smartest. End of discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"