Iron Man 3 So Cap's Shield is tattooed on Mandarin's neck. Anyone care to explain?

Alexei Belyakov

Sidekick
Reaction score
captat.jpg

Let's crack this one, ladies & gents before Scotland Yard has us sent away to Lancashire.

I bet his tramp stamp is Mjolnir.

Seriously, though, it's weird. Looks like an old tat, so maybe he has some connection with Steve or the Super Soldier project.

I bet his tramp stamp is Mjolnir.

Seriously, though, it's weird. Looks like an old tat, so maybe he has some connection with Steve or the Super Soldier project.

Maybe a man who worked on the serum with Erskine? Or one of Schmidt's?

Maybe it's to signify that he's american? He does seem to have an american accent as far as I can tell.

Maybe he grew up with stories about Captain America and how great this man was, and got a Tattoo on his neck... but then his family and friends were killed in a massacre as the world turn there backs on the situation.

He just hoped that a SuperHero would come and save the day, but no one showed up, there were no heroes.

Now the world praises a man that built an Iron Suit that keeps it selfishly for himself, flying around calling himself a superhero. Now Mandarin wants to show this Iron Man that without his suit all he is, is just a ordinary man who bleeds, fears and will die!

Perhaps his parents were jewish and US sympathizers.

Mandarin, as a child, was a CA fan and so, to mock him, instead of tattooing a number on him, The Nazis tattooed Captain America's shield on his neck.

Mandarin is Coulson in disguise!!!! :o

Could have something to do with the Iron Patriot armor or maybe he has some kind of tat repping all the avengers?

Last edited:
Pretty sure Mandarin had it tattooed to be all ironic and ****.

Some folks like to mock America by hanging posters, getting tats, or painting pictures of the American flag turned upside down, or different colors, or with some different symbol on it. Mandy just used Cap's shield as an image, and put an anarchy "A" in the center instead of a star.

He's mocking America. He's "Captain Anarchy."

Pretty sure Mandarin had it tattooed to be all ironic and ****.

Some folks like to mock America by hanging posters, getting tats, or painting pictures of the American flag turned upside down, or different colors, or with some different symbol on it. Mandy just used Cap's shield as an image, and put an anarchy "A" in the center instead of a star.

He's mocking America. He's "Captain Anarchy."

It's like he's playing the roll of Joker in the Ironman movies.

Maybe it was a form of torture. Mandarin was captured, he is obviously a terrorist, maybe instead of carving a swastika in his head with a knife, they tattooed him with Captain America's shield.

Could it be a 10 rings or Hydra symbol that just looks like Caps Shield?

I thought people were kidding, but man .... it is the shield. What an interesting twist. I'm getting more and more drawn into this film now as opposed to weeks ago.

It is also possible that it isn't Cap's shield, that it's some kind of religious thing like chakras or some such, and it just kind of looks like Cap's shield.

Knowing Marvel, though, that would seem like a silly slip up.

Hopefully his plan is to kill all the Avengers, but he just started with the wrong one. (Hawkeye's the answer by the way).

The tattoos are like a grocery list so he doesn't forget which Avenger he's going after. He can just mark them off.

"Captain Anarchy" is the easiest and most logical explanation. Mandarin had it tattooed as a sneer/insult at America and an espousal of anarchy.

He's an anarchist terrorist from the Middle East who hates America and loves China....this is Fox News' antichrist. :)

Maybe it's a target and he is targeting the "A"vengers, starting with Iron Man.

Just a thought!

Surfer

I think the "Captain Anarchy" theory is the closest to being accurate, sort of a satirical jab at the hero/symbol.

Otherwise it could be like they said-- he has a collection of warrior iconography, from the samurai hair to the Osama beard, to... a Captain America tattoo. It'd be kind of an interesting twist if he actually admired Cap. But I like the Anarchy idea people are offering up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"