Marvel Studios' Best Year (so far)

Drizzle

Harkissin'
Reaction score
So I was thinking about it and this has been a really great year for Marvel Studios. Captain America: The Winter Soldier was a huge hit, critically and financially and it looks like Guardians of the Galaxy is heading in the same direction. But is it really their best year so far? 2008 started it all with Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk. We got two solid origin movies in 2011 with Thor and Captain America. 2012 brought us the juggernaut that is The Avengers. 2013 brought megahit Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World, not to mention the Agents of SHIELD series.

Personally, I might go with this year. After a mediocre start to Phase 2, we got two back-to-back awesome films in Cap 2 and GOTG, both of which have been regarded by fans as two of the best that Marvel Studios has offered so far.

Plus, this year so far we saw the second half of the first season of Agents of SHIELD, which really upped the ante and a lot of fans are excited to see where the show goes next.

2015 looks to be very promising as well.

So do you agree? If not, which would you say has been the best year so far for Marvel Studios?

(2009 not included on the poll because there were no Marvel Studios releases that year, and pretty much the only news we got was relevant to Iron Man 2 being filmed.)

Well, 2012 did wonders for them and all these movies wouldn't be doing as well as they have been had Avengers not been a success, so I'm going to go with 2012.

2012 was the year this super-franchise really grabbed hold of the General Audiences and a paradigm shift was observed.

This year they've given us 2 great movies instead of one, but regardless, 2012 was a milestone - the year that everything they were working toward was legitimized in a bigger way than anyone anticipated.

2014 for me. Even though Thor 2 and Avengers were great, they didn't have a second film that was as good that year IMO (unlike with Guardians and Cap 2).

2014. The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy are both brilliant. No weak links this year.

2014. The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy are both brilliant. No weak links this year.

Not to mention, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2, and Agent Carter are still on tap for this fall!

I've got to go with 2014. Making one great movie is hard enough, but having Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy in the same year? Insanity. Awesome insanity.

2014-TWS and GOTG were both fantastic and we've got multiple TV shows either coming up or in development. It really makes up for the disappointing 2013.

For me, 2008, 2011 and 2014 are tied. 2008's films have the widest margin of quality with (IMO), IM1 still to this date being their best film and TIH being their weakest(but still good). I rank'em 9.5/10 and 7.5/10 respectively. With 2014 I gave Cap2 a 9/10 and GotG an 8/10 so both year's have an 8.5/10 average for their 2 films. But since IM1 is my 2nd favorite film of all time I'm voting for 2008. 2011 had the same average since I gave Cap1 a 9/10 and Thor1 an 8/10.

And 2012 had only 1 movie(TA) which I gave a 9.25/10 but because it's only 1 movie that's kind of unfair. Same with 2010 even though I gave the solo film there a 8.5/10 so it's the same as 2008, 2011 and 2014. Really only 2013 was the lowest with an 8/10 and a 7.5/10 for an average of 7.75/10.And of course 2009 had none.

Yeah, I'm sticking with 2008.

Last edited:
Marvel reintroduced [BLACKOUT]Howard the Duck[/BLACKOUT] this year, and had Robert ****ng Redford say Hail Hydra.

There's no room to debate.......... this was their best year.

Marvel reintroduced [BLACKOUT]Howard the Duck[/BLACKOUT] this year, and had Robert ****ng Redford say Hail Hydra.

Yeah, it's like they're fearless now when it comes to introducing characters. A few years ago when "Thor" came out, I pondered if they would introduce Beta Ray Bill in a future film. After seeing GOTG, not only do I think they can do it, but they probably will.

We've come so far from the days where they wanted superheroes to wear leather costumes in movies to make them look more realistic.

Well, Marvel Studios has come that far at least.

Well, Marvel Studios has come that far at least.

Fox is learning too. The X-Men films since "First Class" onward have been steps in the right direction.

^I think it's more of the two steps forward, one step back thing over there. I thought XMFC was alright but TW didn't measure up(though still much better than the abysmal XO:W) and DoFP is their best film yet, though I'd say greatness still alludes them. Maybe Apocalypse will be an 8th time is the charm type thing(I doubt it though).

Iron Man and Avengers were very important milestones.

If either of thoseof had failed everything could've came crashing down.

But I'll give it to Avengers/2012.

Nothing was more gleeful than watching MCU become a global phenomenon overnight.

Amazing, but it is 2014, because quite honestly, the two most different and yet best movies added to the MCU.

As far as quality movie output, 2014. Captain America: The Winter Solider and Guardians of the Galaxy are the best Marvel movies to date in my book.

Most memorable was 2008. Seeing that post credits scene in Iron Man and the cameo in Incredible Hulk was one of the coolest things ever.

This year. The Winter Soldier is their best film and Guardians is no worse than fourth. I will need time to reflect on the actual placement of Guardians, but it is definitely in the top four.

And going by Marvel films in general, this year has 5, which is the most so far, and 3 of them have been critically acclaimed (hoping that the 5th will also be when it is released).

I agree that this was the year that they had their 2 best movies in a row, but I still think 2012 is their best year because that was the year Marvel became a force not to be reckoned with. I think it was their most important year.

2012 - we get the pay off of seeing the apex of Phase 1's labors with THE AVENGERS (1). But 2014 has been an excellent year for the MCU. :hrt:

2014 best year for comic book movies .
2 superior film from MCU
A great X - Men Movie
and a Good spidey movie for me

what can i want more(avengers 2 trailer of course )

but i think 2016 will pass 2014
BatvSupey,Capt3,DrStrange,Spider man 3 ,XmenApo
what a year damn
next year is full marvel dominated
AGE OF Ultron and Ant Man

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member