So who'd do you feel did the Hulk the best?

LTuser

Civilian
Reaction score
Since we've had 3 different actors for the hulk on the big screen, and on tv show on the hulk through out the years.

We had the show, with Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno
Then Eric Banna's Hulk
Then came Ed Nornton's incredible hulk, which did tie into the marvel universe (due to tony showing up in the end scene).
Then came Mark Ruffalo's hulk in the Avengers..

So who do YOU think did him best?

I can't really judge the show since I haven't seen much of it, but out of the films I have to give it to Ruffalo. Norton also did a great job as Banner (though that CGI Hulk is kind of a mess now since it hasn't aged well) and Bana wasn't bad either, but Ruffalo's given us a brilliant Banner and the best Hulk we've ever seen, especially in Thor: Ragnarok.

Ruffalo, but I also loved Bana and Norton as well!

Each of them is good in their own ways, but as for the Hulk himself, Norton's had the best look. As for messy hair, physical stature and such.

Each of them is good in their own ways, but as for the Hulk himself, Norton's had the best look. As for messy hair, physical stature and such.

Norton's Hulk was my favorite Hulk design as well.

They're all so different and it's been a while since I've seen the Ang Lee film but it's hard not to say Ruffalo

Best Banner-Norton
Best Hulk-Ruffalo

Agree with this. I really liked Norton's Banner, even if the rest of the movie wasn't very good. But Ruffalo has been great too, and his Hulk (particularly in Ragnarok) has been the best.

I like Eric Bana as an actor but God did he suck in Hulk.

I'd rank Norton and Ruffalo just about even. I don't really rate The Hulk on screen persona as too much of that is out of control of the actor.

I didn't think I would ever like anyone in that role as much as I liked Norton, but Ruffalo won me over.

I'd rank Norton and Ruffalo just about even. I don't really rate The Hulk on screen persona as too much of that is out of control of the actor.

I didn't think I would ever like anyone in that role as much as I liked Norton, but Ruffalo won me over.

Which is why i was honestly shocked they didn't try to keep nornton for the avengers..

I think Norton was cast when Avi Arad was still the President of Marvel, in the very early days of Marvel Studios. I don't think he was Kevin Feige's original preferred choice. Norton's conduct during the promotion of The Incredible Hulk (where he refused to promote the movie because they cut a lot of the scenes he added via his script rewrite) didn't help matters any either.

I think Feige and Louis Leterrier both wanted Ruffalo to start but Arad and Universal wanted a bigger name, ergo Norton.

Ruffalo, obviously. The more interesting comparison is between Bana and Norton. And by interesting I mean "Wow, Bana blew Norton out of the water."

1. Ruffalo
2. Bixby/Ferrigno
3. Norton
4. Bana

1. Ruffalo
2. Bixby/Ferrigno
3. Norton
4. Bana

#2.....Dude, you usually have such smart posts. :oldrazz:

Seriously though, I have so much respect for both Ruffalo and Norton as actors and think they both did such good jobs, that I have a hard time separating them. If I had to work with one of them, it's Ruffalo hands down. Mark can play the 13 going on 30 role and would kill it (pun intended) as a serial killer. What an actor.

I remember when a friend of mine told me Willem Dafoe had no range as an actor. We sat down and watched 3 or 4 of his movies over a few weeks....argument settled.

I remember when a friend of mine told me Willem Dafoe had no range as an actor. We sat down and watched 3 or 4 of his movies over a few weeks....argument settled.

I did that with one of my comrades in the military, in relation to Nick nolte. He only saw nolte in the 48 hrs films and nothing else.
Corrected HIS mind after watching that comedy "I love trouble" with Julia Roberts..

Ruffalo, obviously. The more interesting comparison is between Bana and Norton. And by interesting I mean "Wow, Bana blew Norton out of the water."

I feel the same. Ruffalo has made the role his own, but Eric Bana was a great Banner, just trapped in a terrible movie. Ed Norton, on the other hand, played Ed Norton, like he always does, and dragged down a better movie.

Edward Norton was a complete non-entity as Banner. Can't recall much of how Bana played it.

Ruffalo is better across the board, both as Bruce and as the Hulk.

I just find Ruffalo the mosr likeable. Bana was walking dead and Norton looked the part but i didnt see any of the modest charisma Ruffalo has.

I personally think Norton was the best, he had the most charismatic performance as Banner and, personally, the design and personality of his Hulk is my favorite one as well. I wish that had carried on to the subsequent movies. :/

I feel the same. Ruffalo has made the role his own, but Eric Bana was a great Banner, just trapped in a terrible movie.

Good point. bana did a great job with a terrible film. Nornton to ME, could have 'phoned in' his lines at times.

Norton is still my personnel favorite Bruce Banner. I never warmed up to Ruffalo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"