Dear Sega, how to make sonic good again.

Papa Burgundy

Sidekick
Reaction score
I just got done playing sonic the hedgehog for the 360 and all i have to say is WOW. that game was bad. ive had enough of these bad sonic games. ive had these ideas for a while, but i just read a 1up article on ideas to make sonic good and sega saying that they need to reinvent sonic, so i figured i share my ideas. ive been a sonic fan since before i went to school so ive played every great, classic sonic there is and the not so great ones too. so here are my ideas for a good 3d sonic game.

1)Drop the almost all sidekicks

The last few sonic games have really strayed away from the main charecter: Sonic. rouge, amy, e-102, big the cat, sliver,cream etc are all terrible to play as. and that shadow game was one of the most horrible games ive ever played, and a real slap in the face to us sonic fans.
now i wouldnt mind tails because hes a classic charecter,and been here since sonic 2. but if you happen to bring him back please make him fast again. tails was extremly slow in the last sonic game and i could not stand it. give him back the spin dash while your at it. only sonic and tails is the way to go, perhaps bring knuckles back after a game or two.

2) No adventure mode

Please the town sections are terrible and the missions there are even worse.

3) No humans (except robotnik of course)

These dumb, out of place, realistic looking humans need to go (along with their handguns). i just want to run through actual levels, saving animals and collecting rings.

4) Bring back bonus levels and power ups!

remember when we collected 50 rings and jumped through the little stars above the checkpoint to get to the great bonus levels? whatever happend to that? remember the classic vending machine one from sonic 3? classic. traveling through the bonus levels the get the chaos emralds was amazingly fun and challenging. and what about power ups? the fireball and lightning from sonic 3, the invincbilty stars and super speed from sonic 2 need to be brought back.its stuff like this that makes sonic what he is.

5)bring back super sonic

playing as this amazing version of sonic was a blast.

6)Make it fast!

stop slowing us down with stupid missions. we wanna run fast through the level, go upside down on loop de loops and spin dash to the end of the level.

7)Fix the camera

one of the main problems with the 3d sonic games. keep it from getting stuck on objects and having things in the way of the view.

8)more use of the spin dash

this might be some kind of nitpicking but it really bugs me how the spin dash is hardly needed in the 3d sonic games. it was a great new feature in sonic 2, and it added a whole new element to the game.

9) do not release to many at a time , take your time.

the main sonic games should NOT be rushed out for a holiday season, they should be devoloped carefully and released when ready. mario and zelda are good examples, mega man is not.

Now i must say, sonic and the secret rings was somewhat of a step in the right direction but it was till missing alot of these things (but i guess it wasnt really a "main" sonic title, just a wii type of game) and sonic heroes was pretty good once things got going (aside from the fact it held your hand to much through the game), but only as the sonic team(sonic, knuckles, and tails. other charecters are not welcomed, as mentioned above.) but it still had some camera problems.

i hope you agree with my reasons and see that all this is what makes (and doesnt make) sonic what he is. i will edit this post and go into greater detail soon. other posters please share your opinions too.

Sega doesnt release too many Sonic games at a time. There have been what like 3, 4 if you count Secret Rings, main 3D Sonic games since 1999 (about 7 years)

For the most part, IA. Although as far as the sidekicks go, Knuckles deserves to be up there with Sonic and Tails. Only those 3 should be the stars

I definetly agree on the human aspect. They look out of place and dont flow well with the environment.

Most of all, they need to go revist Sonic Adventure. That formula worked and I loved it. It was exactly what a 3D Sonic game should have been like. I didnt mind the "adventure" aspect of it. In fact, it worked pretty well here

Sega doesnt release too many Sonic games at a time. There have been what like 3, 4 if you count Secret Rings, main 3D Sonic games since 1999 (about 7 years)

yea just some adivice for the future. and also i must say that secret rings is a step in the right direction (somewhat) they seem to now relize the game is really about sonic.

I just wonder... was a new psychic hedgechog really needed? Personally, Sonic Adventure 2 was the last good Sonic game and the best 3-d one imo. I liked the little twist playing from the badguys point of veiw and needing both badguy and goodguys storys completed to unlock the final levels.

But I do agree that playing from the badguys perspectiveshould have been a onetime thing. Or atleast playing from Eggmans perspective should have been a onetime ordeal. He's 100% Sonics badguy. Not neutural or anti-hero like Rouge or Shadow. You shouldn't be able to play as him in any future games and hopefully SEGA will remember this in the future.

And Silver...man do I not like Silver. You know how adding too much of any ingredient to anything will ruin it? Well this is it. We have two hedgechogs already. One blue. One Red. One good. One not so good. Did we really need this guy and his telekenetic formatted levels. No. We did not. I mean whats wrong with some of the old villains. Wheres Scratch and Grounder? Wheres Nack the Weasel? What happened to Mighty the armadillo? Heavy and Bomb? And the comics had mecha knuckles, why not the games? Weren't all these other unused characters enough? Just my two cents.

Also whathappened to the chaos rings( though they may have been destroyed at the end of Knuckles chaotix but I can't remember)

I just wonder... was a new psychic hedgechog really needed? Personally, Sonic Adventure 2 was the last good Sonic game and the best 3-d one imo. I liked the little twist playing from the badguys point of veiw and needing both badguy and goodguys storys completed to unlock the final levels.

But I do agree that playing from the badguys perspectiveshould have been a onetime thing. Or atleast playing from Eggmans perspective should have been a onetime ordeal. He's 100% Sonics badguy. Not neutural or anti-hero like Rouge or Shadow. You shouldn't be able to play as him in any future games and hopefully SEGA will remember this in the future.

And Silver...man do I not like Silver. You know how adding too much of any ingredient to anything will ruin it? Well this is it. We have two hedgechogs already. One blue. One Red. One good. One not so good. Did we really need this guy and his telekenetic formatted levels. No. We did not. I mean whats wrong with some of the old villains. Wheres Scratch and Grounder? Wheres Nack the Weasel? What happened to Mighty the armadillo? Heavy and Bomb? And the comics had mecha knuckles, why not the games? Weren't all these other unused characters enough? Just my two cents.

Your right! 3 hedgehogs were good enough. Silver sucks!!:down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"