Sony E3 Conference 2009

KALEL114

Returned
Reaction score
This is a thread for us to talk about what Sony will have up it's sleeve for this years conference. Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, MAG, GOW III, Quantum Theory,Gran Turismo V, Team Ico's new game, and Ratchet and Clank to name a few of the exclusives that may be on hand.

What else do you want to see? A price cut? PSP2? Games that have been rumored, but not officially announced?

I will also keep the thread updated during the conference as well when it happens.

Until, then discuss and speculate. :up:

Price but would be nice. Really, I don't know what else that could pull out for this year PS3-wise. As long as all those games you listed live up to the hype and makes 2009 that's about as good as it's going to get.

PSP2 is going to happen. Although the "2" is a little misleading.

I would love to see Twisted Metal make an appearance. Everyone knows it exists, but there is absolutely no information on it whatsoever.

One rumor I read on Gamespot was that Syphon Filter might be announced at E3, and that (apparently) it would use the Killzone 2 engine.

There are tonnes of things that could happen this year.

What I'm hoping for:

- Japanese titles to our regions; Demon Souls, Yazuka 3, White Knight Chronicles all need to get here sharpish.

- NO completely 100% new PSP. There are a slew of games out for the original now, and a whole new system will just take off the steam it has suddenly built up.

- MGS5 revealed, completely new plot, completely new characters.

- Ratchet and Clank gameplay

- Evolution Studios and Sony Leeds (the Wipeout team... can't remember their real name) to show off their new title now they've been combined.

- And the dream one! Mass Effect coming to PS3.

- Japanese titles to our regions; Demon Souls, Yazuka 3, White Knight Chronicles all need to get here sharpish.

Yeah, this would be a good one. Yazuka 3 is out of their hands probably, but since it's become obvious that Sony can no longer count on 3rd party companies for exclusive RPGs it makes sense to at least try and bring Demons Soul and White Knight to EU and US soil.

Wouldn't mind seeing some details on the PS3 Twisted Metal, either

I believe White Knight will be coming to EU and Us. The only question is when. I hope it is soon, because I can't wait to play it.

MGS5 would be great to see or at least get a confirmation with a few details.

Twisted Metal PS3 would be a good one too.

Sony's conference is getting a lot of hype already though. Some people have claimed its going to be the most significant gaming conference in 14 or so years. Could be great... or it could be a major dissapointment.

PS3 is really gaining momentum. Lots of hot exclusives -- Infamous, Uncharted, GOWIII, Ratchet & Clank etc -- on their way and future big franchises like Twisted Metal and Syphon Filter potentially looming.

Twisted Metal for the PS3 with online play would be awesome.

PS3 is really gaining momentum. Lots of hot exclusives -- Infamous, Uncharted, GOWIII, Ratchet & Clank etc -- on their way and future big franchises like Twisted Metal and Syphon Filter potentially looming.

Twisted Metal for the PS3 with online play would be awesome.

Twisted Metal PS3 would be a good one too.

Sony's conference is getting a lot of hype already though. Some people have claimed its going to be the most significant gaming conference in 14 or so years. Could be great... or it could be a major disappointment.

Yeah, with that mentality there's definitely going to be major disappointment. They may have some big aces up their sleeve, but the most significant in 14 years? That's way too unlikely that we'll see something live up to that

Some people have claimed its going to be the most significant gaming conference in 14 or so years.
That, i can say right now is pure BS.
It can end being a great conference, but the best in 14 or so years....:whatever:
What is SOny going to announce, 3D and virtual reality all wrapped in one?
The PS3 will be able to cure cancer and bring peace on Earth?
The people that say that are smoking something heavy....

Well I hope they showed whatever they showed on The Playstation Day because people were really shocked from what they had seen. I Am Hoping Sony Announces:
-PSP2 I am really excited to see what it looks like and i hope they announce it.
-Price Cut I hope we get one
-GOWIII Uncharted MAG Heavy Rain Resistance 3 Possibly?
-Metal Gear new Game
-Blockbuster Video Rental for the PS3
-PSP: Better Games for the PSP a FPS would be nice and maybe Grand Turismo and LBP
-PS2: a Exclusive Game maybe i don't really care about what they do with it i mean it is a dying console

Resistance 3 won't be shown off till next year. Insomniac are on Ratchet right now.

Isildur´s Heir;16807483 said:
It can end being a great conference, but the best in 14 or so years....:whatever:

PS3 already helps cure cancer with Life With Playstation/Folding at Home:o

Resistance 3 won't be shown off till next year. Insomniac are on Ratchet right now.
IA. Its WAY too early to announce Resistance 3. Insomniac has barely released anything regarding the new Ratchet

Isildur´s Heir;16807483 said:

I agree. It's funny, I really believe Sony's hearts in the right place so to speak. They have a lot of big games planned for the year, the 3D deal, a new PSP, PS2's still got momentum, etc. It's just that they ALWAYS seem to overhype, and then when it turns out good, or just ok, it's a let down instead as hype was sky high rather than ppl being happy with it being good.

You'd think they'd eventually learn that lesson, but seems they haven't.

As for the topic, what I'd like from E3 this year?

- For it to be solid. Sony usually has a good show, but they can get hung up on more meaningless details at times. Yes, we all love the PS2, but plz don't talk a 1/2 hour about it's price drop and sales. At least they're not Nintendo.

- A shocker. Microsoft uses major $$ and knows how to keep a secret, then pop it to steal the show. IMO MS's show last year was very boring, but they got the FF shocker, and that's what ppl talked about after E3. Sony needs that this year, or atleast prevent MS from getting another exclusive.

- 1 NEW game introduced, and a good one at that. The big companies always over expose games we already know about. E3 should be about unveiling new products, not telling us something we heard a year ago.

- More/new info on Uncharted, GOW III, Twisted Metal, MAG, etc. Also a release date for DC Online and inFAMOUS would be nice.

Honestly, I just want a meaningful show. Sony has a great gaming year ahead, now get me hyped up for it.

- More/new info on Uncharted, GOW III, Twisted Metal, MAG, etc. Also a release date for DC Online and inFAMOUS would be nice.

InFamous has a release date, it's May 26th, it was moved up for June 9th

I agree. It's funny, I really believe Sony's hearts in the right place so to speak. They have a lot of big games planned for the year, the 3D deal, a new PSP, PS2's still got momentum, etc. It's just that they ALWAYS seem to overhype, and then when it turns out good, or just ok, it's a let down instead as hype was sky high rather than ppl being happy with it being good.
Besides, somethings are not a "PS3 exclusive thing" to be talked about for years to come.
Microsoft is also eyeing 3D, the difference is, Sony already talked about it, so, when MS announces it, it will be seen as a copy my many.
And also, 3D is not going to appear this generation

In all honesty, i believe this E3 will belong to Microsoft.
And i´m not saying this by a fanboy´s angle, but rather by sheer logic.....Microsoft needs it.

Microsoft had a very blunt and uncharacteristic E3 last year(Lips, You´re in the movies; looked like they were trying to hard to get the Playstation casual audience, something they never did before when Peter Moore was around nor need too), even with all those games on stage.
In fact, last year, imo, was saved from complete mediocrity by Fable 2, Gears 2, Left 4 Dead and the NXE (ok, and to some extent, Banjo: Nuts & Blots).
All the rest, as exclusives go, it was a mess, too many disappointments (the PS3 was the right opposite, it had an amazing year).
This year, in theory, the same is going to happen, but there is no "Gears or Fable" in sight, there is no announcements of anything besides the already released Halo Wars and Halo 3: ODST.
But Microsoft is extremely intelligent as a company, so, i believe they have something in the making, something big to announce (or several things).
For starters, there is something big from Molyneux to be announced, and, as much as he likes to hype his games (but, at the same time he is extremely humble, and always apolagies when he doesn´t delivers what he promises), the man is a genius.
Then, there is the rumored motion control, which Peter Moore indirectly confirmed in the last episode of GT TV (which means they are working on it since he was at the company).
And, lastly, there was the rumor of Microsoft buying an Israeli company (called 3DV System) that are making a "camera based control" more advanced than anything on the Wii, that maps your all body, even your fingers individualy.
That would be big, because it would be the next step on motion control evolution, and it would be xbox exclusive.
Hell, even a Onlive kind of service is not that far-fetched, because Microsoft is talking about selling games online directly on the 360 since 2006.
All in all, i believe in Microsoft´s intelligence, and the need for them to give a solid reason why the lack of announcements for this last 1 and a half years.
So, i believe they will deliver a gigantic E3...if not, i will start to have some doubts on Microsoft´s future.

Last edited:
Isildur´s Heir;16813888 said:
In all honesty, i believe this E3 will belong to Microsoft.
And i´m not saying this by a fanboy´s angle, but rather by sheer logic.....Microsoft needs it.

Surprise, surprise...

Microsoft had a very blunt and uncharacteristic (Lips, You´re in the movies; looked like they were trying to hard to get the Playstation casual audience, something they never did before when Peter Moore was around nor need too) E3 last year, even with all those games on stage.
In fact, last year, imo, was saved from complete mediocrity by Fable 2, Gears 2, Left 4 Dead and the NXE (ok, and to some extent, Banjo: Nuts & Blots).
All the rest, as exclusives go, it was a mess, too many disappointments (the PS3 was the right opposite, it had an amazing year).
This year, in theory, the same is going to happen, but there is no "Gears or Fable" in sight, there is no announcements of anything besides the already released Halo Wars and Halo 3: ODST.
But Microsoft is extremely intelligent as a company, so, i believe they have something in the making, something big to announce (or several things).
For starters, there is something big from Molyneux to be announced, and, as much as he likes to hype his games (but, at the same time he is extremely humble, and always apolagies when he doesn´t delivers what he promises), the man is a genius.
Then, there is the rumored motion control, which Peter Moore indirectly confirmed in the last episode of GT TV (which means they are working on it since he was at the company).
And, lastly, there was the rumor of Microsoft buying an Israeli company (called 3DV System) that are making a "camera based control" more advanced than anything on the Wii, that maps your all body, even your fingers individualy.
Hell, even a Onlive kind of service is not that far-fetched, because Microsoft is talking about selling games online directly on the 360 since 2006.
That would be big, because it would be the next step on motion control evolution, and it would be xbox exclusive.
All in all, i believe in Microsoft´s intelligence, and the need for them to give a solid reason why the lack of announcements for this last 1 and a half years.
So, i believe they will deliver a gigantic E3...if not, i will start to have some doubts on Microsoft´s future.

Microsoft has never really had a big E3. Truth be told I don't think they really care. The fact that they unveiled the Xbox 360 on MTV and not at E3 shows how much they really put into the event in my opinion. Not to say they just throw it to the side or anything, they do put work into it but E3's importance has been significantly minimized in the last couple of years. You can even see that in both Sony and Nintendo's conferences, too.

And I question this notion of Microsoft needing a big E3. Admittly the 360 isn't seeing a lot of exclusives this year, but MS is dominating the US market, even outselling the Wii, and that's a huge chunk. In the EU it's a lot closer between them and Sony, I think last I read it was less then 2 million units. Sure, Japan is out of thier reach, but the 360 is doing better then the original Xbox and, realisticly, I doubt MS is ever going to get a strong foothold in that market.

So, I wouldn't get my hopes up for an amazing show. We may see a few surprise titles, Molyneux may come out and spout some nonsense for awhile, some solid release dates.

And I question this notion of Microsoft needing a big E3. Admittly the 360 isn't seeing a lot of exclusives this year, but MS is dominating the US market, even outselling the Wii, and that's a huge chunk. In the EU it's a lot closer between them and Sony, I think last I read it was less then 2 million units. Sure, Japan is out of thier reach, but the 360 is doing better then the original Xbox and, realisticly, I doubt MS is ever going to get a strong foothold in that market.
Imo, the only reason why Microsoft is selling more on the US is the same reason why they don´t sell on Japan, it´s their home turf.
As for Europe, if Sony announces a price cut on the PS3 and Microsoft doesn´t bring anything big to the table, they will start to lose big time.
And, for how long do you think a console without big exclusive titles can compete with one with a lot?
So, yeah, i still think they need a big E3.
Now, if they will have it or not, that´s something we can only know in June, but the lack of announcements (and not only games, but everything) looks to me like they keeping it for something big, my guess is the E3.
That, or the lack of announcements is because they actually have nothing to announce....

Last edited:
Isildur´s Heir;16814038 said:
Imo, the only reason why Microsoft is selling more on the US is the same reason why they don´t sell on Japan, it´s their home turf.
As for Europe, if Sony announces a price cut on the PS3 and Microsoft doesn´t bring anything big to the table, they will start to lose big time.
So, yeah, i still think they need a big E3.
Now, if they will have it or not, that´s something we can only know in June.

There's probably truth to that. You may be right in Europe though, it's so close in that region a PS3 price cut may put them face-to-face. Even then though they have the US market by the nuts and I don't see that changing even with a price cut. I don't think the PS3 is going to be left in the dirt or anything, but the 360 is going to win the US market unless Sony blows a world in the gaming world or something, but I doubt it.

And, even though Europe is important, the 360 isn't going to be dominated there. With such dominance in the States there still looking to ride to the winner this gen

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"