Sequels Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how you can tell the story of Venom without Spider-Man and have it be good or interesting.

Let's make a Joker movie without Batman while we're at it.

On another note, I'm totally down for a Aunt May movie. Make it a romantic comedy. When Ben Met May. Or an action/spy movie could work too. Rosemary Harris is 007.

Last edited:
A Robin movie without Batman, in a world where Batman never existed. :facepalm:

I do wonder what Feige and Marvel think about these plans, I can't see them being willing to allow it to have anything in it which might cause people to think that it is a part of the MCU if they have no creative control.

Just because Deadpool was a success. Such reactionary bull*****.

Yeah this is why Marvel should have tried to just outright buy the rights

Arad venom film with no relation to MCU spidey at all

Confuses fans. Destroys the reputation of the new spiderman before it even gets a chance to flourish

Sony are a cancer, the only reason they could possibly being doing this outside the MCU is because marvel said that Arad couldn't continue his venom fetish in the MCU.

Sack Arad, he's got no creative talent at all.

Sony screws up another franchise, they honestly must want to fail.

I know Arad is a c***thistle, but came somebody give me a list of ****/decisions that he made that prove what an idiot he is?

This is just baffling.

Yeah this is why Marvel should have tried to just outright buy the rights

Arad venom film with no relation to MCU spidey at all

Confuses fans. Destroys the reputation of the new spiderman before it even gets a chance to flourish

Sony are a cancer, the only reason they could possibly being doing this outside the MCU is because marvel said that Arad couldn't continue his venom fetish in the MCU.

Sack Arad, he's got no creative talent at all.

Sony screws up another franchise, they honestly must want to fail.

aviout_zps0e3208f9.jpg

aradavi_zpsb892494f.jpg

There were rumours around the time of the Marvel deal that Disney had been willing to open their wallet very wide in order to get the Spider-man rights back but Sony was unwilling to sell.

They didn't want Disney to screw up their genius idea for a standalone venom universe.:o

It is hard to imagine this not ending up as a complete mess.

It's hard to imagine the audience not becoming Aradnaphobic to all things Spider-Man at the end.

I think it's difficult to imagine, but not impossible to imagine. The right team can pull off any movie.

You know what's sad? I could totally see them being inspired by Deadpool. Make it an R-rated dark comedy with a horror twist. I would play Venom straight up in an absurd surrounding world (I would say a wise-cracking Venom would be out of character).

Do I want to see that movie? Not really. If WB makes a good shared universe, Sony movies outside of the MCU are pretty much at the bottom of my list. But I do think the right team could actually pull something off as a guilty pleasure.

Oh boy. We don't need this. Spider-Man is now with the MCU. Sony, to quote Henry Jones in The Last Crusade..."let it go."

I pray this falls apart like every other attempt at a Venom movie.

Let's hope we get another shot at Sinister Six while we're at it!

Whouda thunk it? The same folks that were insisting FFINO was going to be a masterpiece are now fanboys of the Sony Spidey Supporting Character Disconnected Universe.

lol that Avi Arad doing it. It not have much chance being good anyway because it Venom, but Avi Arad make chances even worse. At least it not going to be part of Spider-Man.

Whouda thunk it? The same folks that were insisting FFINO was going to be a masterpiece are now fanboys of the Sony Spidey Supporting Character Disconnected Universe.

We need another acronym like FFINO. VINO?

In Vino Veritas. :o

VDU?

This is the part that makes chills run down my spine:
"Something that is being envisioned as a franchise apart from and unrelated to the upcoming Spider-Man movie in the works with actor Tom Holland."
A Venom franchise....

Venom Disconnected Franchise Universe.

VDFU? :o

Is it too much to ask for people to stop with the hysteria and actually wait and see exactly where they're going with this?

Is it too much to ask for people to stop with the hysteria and actually wait and see exactly where they're going with this?

If the fans hadn't had such a negative reactions to the Sony leaks we'd be getting the trailer to Sinister Six later this Spring. The deal fell through until Sony's terrible plans came to light. That I'm checking the reactions to this news on multiple outlets and they're ALL overwhelmingly negative shows what a bad idea an alternate universe Arad Venom movie is.

If the fans hadn't had such a negative reactions to the Sony leaks we'd be getting the trailer to Sinister Six later this Spring. The deal fell through until Sony's terrible plans came to light. That I'm checking the reactions to this news on multiple outlets and they're ALL overwhelmingly negative shows what a bad idea an alternate universe Arad Venom movie is.
:up: Hopefully Sony realizes how ****** of an idea this is just like they did with TASMverse.
Arad Venom Isolated Franchise Universe?

AVIFU :o
Sounds about right. :hehe:

That I'm checking the reactions to this news on multiple outlets and they're ALL overwhelmingly negative shows what a bad idea an alternate universe Arad Venom movie is.

Or it shows that people are overreacting and need to calm down.

This kind of reaction probably shouldn't surprise me given the state of angry mass hysteria our society is in right now on a host of different levels, but it's still disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"