Sony's Game Division Back to Making a Profit!

Part of designing a product is also stress testing it for failure thresholds. They new what kind of numbers to expect, and if their engineers didn't, after feedback from the testing group, than they'd have no place being engineers in the first place. Microsoft rushed out the 360, knowing it was failure prone, because they wanted to get the numbers out there. They knew that their hardcore base would buy buy buy, and if that isn't disrespect, than the meaning must have changed in the last 2 minutes.

Isildur´s Heir;13973206 said:
I have little to no knownledge o Nintendo consumer policy to even talk about that.
When Nintendo faced problems with the Wii Remote strap they were right on with fixing it.

Sending shoddy hardware is not being disrespectuful, is just a bad move to try and have a lead in the upcoming "war".
Sure, it was fricking bad, but i´m sure it wasn´t meant to be, i´m sure MS didn´t realized the problems the hardware had, because it makes to sense for someone to sent out, willingly, something that will bite them in the ass later
The RROD issue being denied at first was a way to try to have their ass, but, after that, they even extanded the warranty.

What Zenien said pretty much sums it up. They should have properly tested the Xbox 360 before sending it to market. Purposely rushing a product to consumers foolish enough to buy it is disrespect.

You've got nothing on the scale of what you guys do daily. :dry:

I'd love to see Isildur´s Heir actually elaborate on what he just said, because it's pretty absurd. :o

I guess I'm just out of touch with the horrible anti-sony genocide thats been going on, because I haven't seen anything really horrible since forever ago. But apparently it's bad enough to actually nuke the forums :o

Well it's nothing compared to when you were an Employee at Bungie, a Russian, and like 3 other people at once, I'll give you that. :o

Those were the days. I'll admit that it's pretty one-sided now, but I think that has more to do with the overall lack of traffic since the exodus than anything else. I mean, there have been some pretty heinous trolls in the past that weren't exactly taking orders from me and WHF.

Anyways, as far as the topic, I'm not sure what they did to turn the boat around, since I still see a lot of the same problems as I did in 2006, but like I said, good for them. After my experiences with Microsoft and Nintendo this gen, I'm not sure I want them on top anyways.

I guess I'm just out of touch with the horrible anti-sony genocide thats been going on, because I haven't seen anything really horrible since forever ago. But apparently it's bad enough to actually nuke the forums :o
people are finding less and less valid reasons to complain about. First it was the expensive price point. Sony has since fixxed that with its price cuts. Then it was teh PS3 had no games. Yeah maybe in Launch of 06 but its 08 now and its increased its library with a very promising one for this year. There was the Sony is arrogant argument. Well thats cooled down and their attitude has changed since Kutaragi left his position as he was the biggest. problem there. The atmosphere surrounding Sony and the PS3 is much different now than it was around launch, yet some people are still stuck on teh negatives from 2 years ago insteading of just moving on already

people are finding less and less valid reasons to complain about. First it was the expensive price point. Sony has since fixxed that with its price cuts. Then it was teh PS3 had no games. Yeah maybe in Launch of 06 but its 08 now and its increased its library with a very promising one for this year. There was the Sony is arrogant argument. Well thats cooled down and their attitude has changed since Kutaragi left his position as he was the biggest. problem there. The atmosphere surrounding Sony and the PS3 is much different now than it was around launch, yet some people are still stuck on teh negatives from 2 years ago insteading of just moving on already

How did this start, in this thread I mean? As I read through it, it looks like Joker raised a valid point, "to sony, does sold really mean sold", and then from there it instantly transformed into this "poor me" type of thing. Trolling does happen, but more often than not, it's just a couple of guys crying wolf. Nobody that I can see is bringing up price points as a complaint or game libraries or Crazy Ken or any of that stuff. It's like some of the people online here don't even see individual posters and posts anymore. You've got like 100,000 posts spread across 20 different accounts for 2 years and it's all being attributed to this big "other side" entity thats out to troll and flame.

How did this start, in this thread I mean? As I read through it, it looks like Joker raised a valid point, "to sony, does sold really mean sold", and then from there it instantly transformed into this "poor me" type of thing. Trolling does happen, but more often than not, it's just a couple of guys crying wolf. Nobody that I can see is bringing up price points as a complaint or game libraries or Crazy Ken or any of that stuff. It's like some of the people online here don't even see individual posters and posts anymore. You've got like 100,000 posts spread across 20 different accounts for 2 years and it's all being attributed to this big "other side" entity thats out to troll and flame.
I was responding to your "horrible anti-sony genocide" and the points I mentioned are what are usually brought up with that. Sorry if I misinterpreted that

Look at Jokers post history in the SOny section and you'll understand. He wasn't just making a valid point. :o

Meh, it doesn't matter, we're supposed to be getting nuked soon anyways. I don't know what his posts are usually like, but I'm just saying, in this particuliar instance I didn't see anybody trolling, just discussing.

Wait, what... 'we're getting nuked'?

parashootcf6.jpg

Wait, what... 'we're getting nuked'?

Matt said:
One more step out of line, and there will be no more forum for your clique.
Since then, WHF posted drunk for about 30 minutes followed by Smash making a thread about being able to drink. I didn't pass the order onto the foot soldiers to do stuff like that, but I'm fairly certain that won't matter much. You know how they are. 1 offense is attached to 20 people after being blown way out of proportion. We've probably only got another few hours before we're treated to a speech filled with combative language before the bomb drops.

WHF hasn't been sober enough to decide yet. Someone will let everyone know if they need too. GR for the very short term.

I think Matt will the the first moderator in hype history to kill his own section.

If we go you have to Round up EVERYONE though, I'm not going someplace where it's jut you and the Xbots hatting on the PS3 24/7. :cmad:

What set this situation off?

Yeah, I'm going to try and round up the sony section stars too. You, Electro, Hippie, Avalanche, Havok TimStuff, and maybe Devil May Cry. I'm not sure if there's anyone else worth taking.

I'm not really sure what set it off exactly, but I do know that I made a joke about Morg hating vaginas, and suddenly that got the spam thread that Matt himself suggested we have closed by Matt, followed by several more threads getting closed, followed by two separate announcements about the same thing. So it might just be that Morg is very sensitive about his sexuality, I don't know. Because nothing, to my knowledge, has gone done in the past week or so that hasn't been going on all along. But, it's always hard to predict what sets these situations off in the first place. They're always so "club house" about everything, you can't get any info out of them most days and you get your head bitten off if you try. So who really knows.

Lizard as well, and Jerry, e v e r y b o d y. :cmad:

Oh lord, not the lizard :csad:

I'll invite him, but I don't know if he'll show up or not. PPP has gotten pretty good at photoshopping those Halloween pictures :o

Jerry...I have this crazy idea that he hates us. But I'll pass along an invite anyways. Anyone else? I'm not here as much as I used to be.

*slowly raises hand in the back* C-can I come too??????

Yeah, I'm going to try and round up the sony section stars too. You, Electro, Hippie, Avalanche, Havok TimStuff, and maybe Devil May Cry. I'm not sure if there's anyone else worth taking.

I'm not really sure what set it off exactly, but I do know that I made a joke about Morg hating vaginas, and suddenly that got the spam thread that Matt himself suggested we have closed by Matt, followed by several more threads getting closed, followed by two separate announcements about the same thing. So it might just be that Morg is very sensitive about his sexuality, I don't know. Because nothing, to my knowledge, has gone done in the past week or so that hasn't been going on all along. But, it's always hard to predict what sets these situations off in the first place. They're always so "club house" about everything, you can't get any info out of them most days and you get your head bitten off if you try. So who really knows.

You still mad at me for that stupid fight we had like a year ago? Since getting a 360, I think I've calmed down. :o

Back on topic: Is a price drop rational considering the number of AAA titles soon to be here? There were some rumors about a $299 dollar 40 gb but I'm not sure if dropping the price would even be smart. Sure, they'll have to when Microsoft inevitably goes to $299 this year...but I don't see them taking the initiative this time. They'll drop the 80 gb, make a 120gb with dual shock and NO BC (stupid stupid) and go along their merry way...overconfident as ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"