Transformers Soundtrack:Score or Rock

Seekaedigital

Civilian
Reaction score
After the Soundtrack for the Transformers Cartoon movie came out, and proved to be popular, i wonder what the new live action soundtrack will comprise of.....Rock music and transformers with a slight touch of techo do fit hand in hand with action sequences for this style of movie. But its most likely they will go with a traditional score......

My choice would be a full on Rock n roll style soundtrack.

whats your thoughts?

Score. Unless they used the complete soundtrack from Transformers: The Movie. That would be so great!

Music score by Vince DiCola

My 10th grade english teacher told me Vince DiCola is an ice head, but I did love his synth score to the original TF movie, so ITS ALL GOOD. They arent going to use him though, not if they arent using the original voice actors. I would like to see a good rock soundtrack, but its too risky that it would end up as some disgusting Nickelback/Seether/Evanessence affair. So its best to just get some highclass individual to score the movie, I would suggest... HARRY GREGSON-WILLIAMS!!

Just bust out some electronica and leave it at that. If they must have popular music, have a couple scenes with Bumblebee and Spike listening to some hip hop or rock, but leave it at that.

I gotta give DiCola credit on how he scored Transformers. Most people score when the movie is finished. He scored using only the storyboards and timing and it came out perfect the first time. I'd like to find more of his work, but I guess he didn't do to much other thsan Rocky IV and Transformers.

Orchestral music like the cartoon but not so much that it rips-off John Williams type music.

Score. The rock soundtrack to the movie sucks.

Riven said:
Score. The rock soundtrack to the movie sucks.

Blasphemy! Dare, Instruments of Destruction, The Touch, all awesome songs. And the Rock version of the TF theme was ace.

COMING FROM THE SKY ABOVE AND THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO.
PREPARE TO FIGHT THEY'L BE NO PLACE TO RUN.
Rock will live forever Saliva do a transformers theme would be AWSOME!!!!

Oerwinde said:
Blasphemy! Dare, Instruments of Destruction, The Touch, all awesome songs. And the Rock version of the TF theme was ace.
*retches* :( it almost ruins the whole movie for me... worst era of rock music EVER...

Back in the day when my friends and I used to talk Transformers movies (early 90s) I always thought that Metallica would do a great soundtrack. Now, of course, they are terrible has beens, but if a band could be found with the same heavy metal feel (ala Black Album or And Justice For All) I think it could work nicely.

terry78 said:
Just bust out some electronica and leave it at that. If they must have popular music, have a couple scenes with Bumblebee and Spike listening to some hip hop or rock, but leave it at that.

Ding Ding !
yes please. Even when Morg posted The Transforming Citroen Car it had a soundtrack provided by Les Rhythmes Digitales. most movies are usually best suited to EDM or Electronica. When films go Rock or Pop-Hop it lends an MTV feel to it. "Let the bodies hit the floor" I mean come on...again? no.
Try this;
Massive Attack
Chemical Brothers
Fluke
Orbital
Mylo
so much more but it is monday morning.
Transform!

Electronic can be scored.
See Orbital. Or Cosmic Baby. Or anything by Platipus Records... I think anything that uses or portrays Technology should use Electronic music as a soundscape.

mtv....... MTV! MTV hasnt been rock for years. Watch MTV and you will be sick to your stomach with all the rap you hear. Rock will be forever a transformers thing. But to make everyone happy, how about a Halo sort of soundtrack. Ass-kickin classic I like to call it.

Why not a heavy metal score? I refer to the game Tribes 2. The Soundtrack was done by Motley Crue (no vocals).

Man, I love the original soundtrack from the 1986 movie. I'm a big fan of 80s rock anyway, so I love those tunes...they add to the whole kitschy appeal of that flick. But there's no way that a modern rock soundtrack would be the same. UltimateJustin is right...I can just picture a rock soundtrack having the same Nickelback/Seether/Evanescence **** as so many modern movies do. If that's the case, better just leave it as a score.

Score, all the way. Think about it - the original Transformers theme redone in full blown orchestra would be awesome! I want a movie with an epic, "star wars" kind of feel so score is a must. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"