Transformers Soundtrack:Score or Rock

Industrial metal soundtrack. Something like Nine Inch Nails. Rammstein, Static X, or the like.

Industrial would be right too. Not a vox though, more on Dubs.
I feel less and less about a score. It is not a history film or Gladiator, it is Transformers. It is Techno. Deal. I see the Autobots using Roland gear and Logic programs than picking up a drum stick or flicking at a guitar.

Score...all the way! I want an epic/action feel to this film. Very little rock or hip hop if any....

Let me start off with this...

KEEP VINCE DICOLA AS FAR AWAY FORM THIS MOVIE AS POSSIBLE.

Why?

I love his music but his music was best suited for the animated incarnation, not live action. If I had to choose I'd say Danny Elfman on score, and maybe soem tracks by Static X, In Flames, and Megadeath. Hard beats with loud lyrics scream war. And that's what transformers is all about. War and Destruction. Maybe a little Powerman 5000 to round it out.

Go ahead and debate.

Ben Grimm said:
Let me start off with this...

KEEP VINCE DICOLA AS FAR AWAY FORM THIS MOVIE AS POSSIBLE.

Why?

:up:

His 1986 score, which a lot of people STILL want incorporated into the new film, is completely unecessary and would turn most scenes into camp fodder.

I've heard that he HAS grown though and has composed more orchestral sounding music? Does anyone have a link?

....and to answer the topic title...

SCORE...EPIC score...no contemporary music unless it's a culture shock moment...

NO 80's ROCK! For the love of God! Can't we evolve gracefully?

Sasquatch said:
NO 80's ROCK! For the love of God! Can't we evolve gracefully?

According to most people with opinions on this film...NO...:(

Vince DiCola did a spectacular job back in 1986. For this movie hand the reigns to Harry Gregson-Williams or Hans Zimmer.

Lets ask it this way when was the last time a good movie had a good Rock electronic soundtrack? Please Name them as Im intrigued, the ones I have seen recently suck (apart from Team America).
I say score is safer. ala starwars Supe's etc.

Score would be great, BUT you HAVE to include a version (updated or classic) of "you've got the touch" just for us old guys :D

If they were to actually include Stan Bush's "The Touch" it would probably be in a goofy "in-joke" sort've way.

...like in Boogie Nights!

Jazz: GODDAMN bumblebee what in the hell are you blarin!
Bumblebee: Its Earth Music, I downloaded some on teletran 1 it says techno.
Jazz: Damn that sucks bee turn that off.

skorponok said:
I've heard that he HAS grown though and has composed more orchestral sounding music? Does anyone have a link?
He has. He's been doing a lot of quirky industrial techno stuff lately with guys like Buckethead and Primus dudes as well as lot of cool orchestral stuff. There are some samples on his site:
http://www.tdrsmusic.com/musicpreviews.html

IMO, he could do a great half-orchestral/half-techno soundtrack that would fit the movie. The guy's a massive talent, he has worked with and learned from amazing musicians over the years. Though, he hasn't done any movie score stuff since the 80's, so I kinda have a hard time seeing him going against guys like Elfman, Williams, Zimmer, Silvestri etc. I'm sure his take on the score would have been far more interesting than the stuff these guys have been regurgitating over the years, but tell that to the producers.

Harry Gregson-Williams should score it!
Just listen to the awesome work he did on The Rock, Team America: World Police and the last two Metal Gear Solid games!

Yep, i'd go for Harry Gregson-Williams. Or Steve Jablonsky (The Island, Steamboy) as a second choice.

The last thing I want to see is a Techno transformers theme unless its techno and rock fused together.

They'll get a basic score for the movie. I hope it's epic in scale. Maybe Elfman or Zimmer or Powell or Ottman could do it. I think they would each do something different but soildly-good.

But I also expect them to throw in a few Rock-Metal songs in there too. I believe we'll also get an updated TF Theme song for the ending credits.

I'd like a combo orchestra/rock soundtrack. Listen to the S&M version of Call of Cthulu for something close to what I'm thinking of. No vocals, just orchestra+electric guitar kinda thing.

I didnt know that it mattered about the kind of music when you have cars changing into giant robots. But Id go with rock, should make something like that at least tolerable to see.

I wouldn't mind a decent epic-sized score with variations to the main theme. But there definitely needs to be some "heavy metal' riffs. If they can throw in "Lion's" version of the main theme from the animated movie somewhere would be cool--never gonna happan though.

P2Rock said:
when was the last time a good movie had a good Rock / electronic soundtrack? Please Name them as Im intrigued, the ones I have seen recently suck

gladly,

Layer Cake
The Beach
The Animatrix
The Crow
It's all gone Pete Tong
24 Hr. Party People

all of these films and more(but having this 'list' seems redundant after 5 or 6 examples)have amazing soundtracks which in some cases I think outdo the films.

skorponok said:
According to most people with opinions on this film...NO...:(

I just want the Transformers theme by Lion to be used. That was just pure awesome headbanging music. :up:

LastSunrise1981 said:
I just want the Transformers theme by Lion to be used. That was just pure awesome headbanging music. :up:

:up: ...its my cell phone ringtune.

But honestly, if they use it it will take away a lot of credibility that this film potentially has. If Bay and co. don't screw it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"