Soundtrack

ThatDamnNinja

Sidekick
Reaction score
I think it's very important they try to get as many of the songs quoted in the original comic as possible... most importantly All Along the Watchtower. Personally, I think they should get the Jimi Hendrix version if at all possible, and play it so it starts right before and plays with the credits. It's always seemed so perfect to me; I hear the song when I read the comic.

Agree? Disagree? What other songs should be included? Is the soundtrack even an issue?

I´d prefer original music instead of using songs from different artists

Maybe use some Bob Dylan or Elvis Costello as a reference to the book, otherwise only original music. NO 80's pop!

Yeah, I picture it having its own score. But again, like I was saying about the visual style, perhaps there's a way to make the music almost sound '80-ish, but I don't mean pop. I'm talking about, like, within the score. I don't know, I guess I can't explain it, I just think that if they're going to keep it set in the 80's, they need to completely capture the era.

Generally I hate Bob Dylan, but it goes. Use it.

The non-original music would be used sparingly, of course... but one of my favorite elements of the book was the use of song lyrics. I think the movie needs some Dylan, Costello, Waits. All that jazz. But musically, I think the Hendrix cover of Watchtower is more suited to the style of Watchmen than the original Dylan.

normally for movies like this i prefer and original score...but like so much of alan moore's work, and with watchmen in particular, its very music influenced and the music itself is quite important. so, i think this film should use a combination of music and original score.

though, set in the 80's, most of the music seems to be coming from classic rock of the 70's. bob dylan, jimi hendrix, and elvis costello are all referenced in the book (gods amongst men, if you ask me). i think some beatles whould be appropriate.

I want John Lennon's Imagine - simply because it is my favorite song :(

yeah, some john lennon stuff would be good. possibly even some stooges or NY dolls for Rorshach's character, that may be pushing it though. i could see some rolling stones working....most obvious song choice would be street fighting man, but that was used for the closing credits of V for Vendetta, so.

^^ AH! yes! excellent idea!!! i cant believe i missed that one!

Then I want Gimme Shelter. Which might just be very appropriate.

Gimme Shelter would be freakin' perfect. And I'd love to see some Stooges worked into there, if they could. Gimme Danger perhaps.

And I promise you, mentioning two "gimme" songs is completely coincidental.

Gimme Shelter would be freakin' perfect. And I'd love to see some Stooges worked into there, if they could. Gimme Danger perhaps.

And I promise you, mentioning two "gimme" songs is completely coincidental.

gimme shelter would be great for when 100 ft. doc manhattan is parading around the jungles of vietnam, just completely laying waste to the country.

as for stooges, as mentioned before it'd work best for rorshach (and moloch?). i could see these songs working: down on the street, loose, tv eye, gimme danger, search and destroy.

other possible artists:
the animals
janis joplin
beatles
david bowie ("heroes"? or is that too obvious?)
the doors
velvet underground
ramones
NY dolls
t. rex
the who
yardbirds

gimme shelter would be great for when 100 ft. doc manhattan is parading around the jungles of vietnam, just completely laying waste to the country.

as for stooges, as mentioned before it'd work best for rorshach (and moloch?). i could see these songs working: down on the street, loose, tv eye, gimme danger, search and destroy.

other possible artists:
the animals
janis joplin
beatles
david bowie ("heroes"? or is that too obvious?)
the doors
velvet underground
ramones
NY dolls
t. rex
the who
yardbirds

Life on Mars anyone?

Life on Mars anyone?

Manhattan wandering on Mars with that music. I'd kill to see that. The fantastic song would provide the tragic touch.

Yeah and it would be a whole lot less corny as Ride of the Valkyries. (Which I think would be awesome though. :o )

Manhattan wandering on Mars with that music. I'd kill to see that. The fantastic song would provide the tragic touch.

I think it would have to be interspersed with shots of what's going on with Rorschach, Dan, Laurie, and even Ozymandias to maximize the effect.

I want John Lennon's Imagine - simply because it is my favorite song :(

Yeah, great idea! But I also want for Watchmen something like Clint Mansell's Lux Aeterna from Requiem for a Dream...

Gimme Shelter? Doesn't Scorsese basically own that song?

Martin Scorsese doesn't speak to people directly.

Martin Scorsese doesn't speak to people directly.

True, but I hear that if you're lucky, you might get through to two pet caterpillars he keeps above his eyes... and that they are, on occasion, quite reasonable in regards to song rights.

They're his good and bad angels; they don't like resting on his shoulders as they do on most people.

But after you speak to them, he has to have "his associate search you..."

All Along the Watchtower is definitely a Must.

I also see some Radiohead (Specifically Creep) or The Pixies (The song Where is my mind)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"