Speculation on the Starheart/Parallax/Ion equation...

I'm wondering if they're going to try and give these big beasties showing up in GL some retconned connection to The Endless. I really, really hope they don't (hell, I hope the person to take over GL just quietly forgets that the Yellow Fear Demon ever existed), but I wouldn't put it past them at this point.

Am I the only one who seems to like the idea of the creature entities representing different colors of the spectrum and different emotions/traits?
No, I like it too. It makes sense with past canon so it's a reveal more than a retcon, it enriches a lot of aspects of the GL mythos and sets an epic tone for that aspect beyond just "little blue men and their personality conflicts." And it's got space whales. Space whales are awesome. I really worry about how it's going to be handled down the line and I can practically predict how lesser writers are going to be fcking it up soon, but I like the concept itself.

And I agree that the color black is going to play some major part, soon. After all, the Guardians keep going on about the "Blackest Night" prophecy, and that's not so much foreshadowing as it is a bright glaring sign saying "LOOK HERE FOR CLUES."

Did anyone else think of Pokemon when the Space Amazons said "Collect them all!"

Space whales are awesome.

Captain Kirk thinks so too. :)

I don't care about this mystical mumbo-jumbo I just want Kyle back and I want Ron Marz to keep wrting him until his old and wrinkly and his fingers fall off!

If a color is to be assigned to EVERY emotional force, then its going to be needlessly complicated, or DC will have to include these other lantern groups. Otherwise all this color stuff seems contrived and stupid.

I very much doubt color will be assigned to every emotion. That's just not feasible. More likely, Johns will just continue to arbitrarily choose random emotions or traits to go with random colors as he feels necessary for his stories. Who knows whether each color will have its own Corps, either? Kyle was the sole Corpsman for willpower once upon a time. Maybe Star Sapphire is the last of her color's avatars.

I got the impression from the comic that she wasn't going to be the last, quite the opposite. I could swear that they decided to start recruiting now that they saw the drawbacks of the sapphire and changed to rings. Something about the predictions of the coming war and they wanting to be ready. That's probably going to be one distracting Corps to fight unless they changed the uniforms, but the sapphire energy seemed to prefer teh zexy attire.:o

I got the impression from the comic that she wasn't going to be the last, quite the opposite. I could swear that they decided to start recruiting now that they saw the drawbacks of the sapphire and changed to rings. Something about the predictions of the coming war and they wanting to be ready. That's probably going to be one distracting Corps to fight unless they changed the uniforms, but the sapphire energy seemed to prefer teh zexy attire.:o

Well I hope the Sapphire Corp's uniforms are closer to Cowgirl's than Carol's.

No, they mentioned something about that. That the color of courage is blue. Apparently blue courage + yellow fear= green willpower.:dry:

That only works for pigmentation... in light Red+Green= Yellow.

Okay. I haven't been reading the GL series, so I just threw a possibility out there. There doesn't necessarily have to be a Corps for every color.

I like how we have a whole thread dedicated to "speculation" when the answer is just plain and simple "Johns made some **** up".

We'd never have threads about anything if we went by that logic.

Yup, just one big ol' blank screen. But it's cool, I like bad tempered people...they're so easy to get worked up. :woot:

I'd hate to be a colorist for a series of various 'color' lantern corps. It would be a nightmare.

Yup, just one big ol' blank screen. But it's cool, I like bad tempered people...they're so easy to get worked up. :woot:

I'd hate to be a colorist for a series of various 'color' lantern corps. It would be a nightmare.

In the days of ink shading it would suck - but now adays its pretty easy to do celling and inking on the computer. It would proportionally suck though. If anyone wants to draw a black and white line art of a bunch of "Lanterns" and what they think the different ones would look like - I would be happy to color it.

Can you imagine a huge technicolor battle? Orange vs Violet lanterns, Green Vs Black lanterns, Blue vs Yellow lanterns, Red vs White lanterns. Their powers colliding in kalidescope overload...crazy costumes all over the spectrum. Goofball city! :hyper:

And then to take them all on, the Rainbow Ranger I mean, Lantern!

so, if the colour/emotional spectrum is full of possibilities, is it safe to say we'll have a "mood" ring type character in the future?

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"