Ion

I stopped picking this up months ago. Sounds like I might have to pick up the trade, or hunt down the back issues.

This issue, I didn't like. It was an issue where I read the first page, and could tell what was going to happen, pretty much scene for scene, to the last page without looking.

The art in the latest issue makes me appreciate Greg Tocchini all the more :(

I love Tocchini's art, it has a whimsical feel to it, and while it's not exactly a realistic literal drawing, I appreciate the aesthetic of it, think it's exactly suited to a GL title, as it isn't just more of the same. It had to grow on me though I must admit.

Man I need to get this now! Im snowed in here in Stl. MO and my Musical that im in got cancelled, both show nights, so i need something to kill off my depression.

Ion #9
As cool as I thought that the lingering plot point from IC would be picked up here instead of in GL, I'm also hoping that it'll go somewhere more interesting very soon. I only ever read one Tangent DC comic in my life, which was Tangent Wonder Woman, which made me want to drown myself in my own urine, which is also why I will never truly love Peter David as much as he deserves to be loved. And the wikipedia entry on the Tangent universe is woefully inadequate. Given that, I had absolutely no frikkin' idea what was going on in the second half of this issue. Kyle fights some people who talk nonsense and one of them beats him somehow, which I'm not exactly thrilled about but can't complain. Let's see what happens.

The sequence with Kyle's mom was well-written, as was expected, but I just don't really see the point. It feels like we've gone off on some weird tangent, pun intended. Was it to reacquaint us again with Kyle's personality and characterism as it relates to his mother? Newer readers might need it, but older readers like me have seen it before. And her illness...I dunno, I just don't see where Marz is going with this. It's just that there's only three issues of this series left and I want it to be as good as it possibly can be:(.

The DCU office continues to send out memos for all their writers to make the Guardians massive dckheads, and it was tolerable when it was directed at other GLs like Guy and Hal, but when they start bringin' that 'tude towards Kyle? bad place to the no. Ain't no one gonna be holdin' ma man down.

At least we got some really good art in this issue. Not that I had any problems with any of the prior artists, but I think this was the first time that I looked at the Ion logo and could confidently say that it actually looks like it was meant to be drawn that way and not like an artistic error.

(6.7 out of 10)

I liked it, though I agree with brian, how did we get from Oa, to the whole Tangent crap?

The Kyle's mom scene was very well written and I'll wait to see how this Tangent stuff goes it could be good.

Also according to Ron Marz all the dialog spoken by the tangent characters was already spoken in the tangent comics, he just lifted it and used it. Kind of neat.

Hey quick question,
How powerful is Kyle?
I mean, when he was Ion before I read that he could be at many places at once and at one time managed to stop an alien invasion on his own.
Compared to that, where are his power levels now?

He's not nearly as powerful as he was Ion before, but we do know he is several times as powerful as he was when he was Green Lantern. Somewhere in the middle of that range is his current power level: I suspect Marz intentionally left it vague for now so that it can come out fully for the finale.

I'm guessing he is like a Green Lantern and a half or two Green Lanterns.

I can't imagine him being much more powerful than that, he is certainly nowhere near the levels when he was Ion before.

yenaled said:
The Kyle's mom scene was very well written and I'll wait to see how this Tangent stuff goes it could be good.

Also according to Ron Marz all the dialog spoken by the tangent characters was already spoken in the tangent comics, he just lifted it and used it. Kind of neat.

Ron Marz is da man. What I really like about the series so far is that I'm seeing Kyle in a whole new light. He is... mature, both as a guy (who knows the importance of keeping people close) and as a superhero (who knows that you can't always rely on your powers). Kyle manages being mature, without being boring... like Hal Jordan for example.

And oh yeah, the page of the T-Atom phasing his hand through Kyle's chest is IMO excellent. I certainly got goosebumps from it.

I just saw the 12th issue's cover and I have to say that im gonna be super pissed if that is what i think it is. Its at DC Comics website if your interested.

Post it in spoiler tags, I don't feel like looking for it.

6958_400x600.jpg

^^^^^ Yea that kinda has me worried and them using the word twilight in the write up.

Meh, it could be his mom's funeral for all we know.

That was my imediate thought but why would there be a big ****ing Green orb over the tomb?

Yeah well see i didnt think of that. God, why do you have to be so smart Darth! I guess there would be a bigger gathering for people if it was Kyle too. Well you have calmed my nerves for now but if the unthinkable happens you have no idea the reprocussions Darth.

Well the previous issue's cover has Donna and a Monitor so anything is possible, the title hasnt been selling like hot cakes either, but I don't think Kyle is in any danger.

It SHOULD be selling like hotcakes considering it is prolliy one of, if not, the best books out there. It really grabs me everytimei read it and i truly am puzzled as to why DC has chosen to promote it so badly.

Kyle better not ****ing die or I'm going to my aunt in the country who knows gipsy magic people and I'm putting a gipsy curse on DC. I KID YOU NOT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"