Speed fastest reflexes / over ground / travel period.

Varient

Guru for Geeks
Reaction score
Reading MindWorm trying to school sumbody on the diff between Silver Surfer and the Flash, I realized that the Newbies don't make the distinction.

So I'm opening the floor with my opinion, feel free to argue,..I'll win anyway,..but hey it'll be fun.

Fastest reflexes?
Different classes based on closest to human norm.
Spidermans a good example.

I currently believe that Wally West has fastest reflexes, even though zoom2 is faster by leaps and bounds,..mostly becuase Zoom2 is outside of time in aplication of his "SuperSpeed"

Fastest speed over ground?
Again different classes based on the need to have something to push against.
In Marvel Quicksilver on the ground, Angel or Storm in the Air, and in DC Flash on the Ground, HawkMan or Superboy in the air.

Some speeders are only fast under certain conditions.

Fastest overall travel period?

Now you get into folk who crowd or exceed lightspeed.
In DC, GL appears to make some sort of jump gate to travel long interstellar distances, Superman Doesn't appear to be able to break the light barrier, Flash? I honestly don't know,..A lot of his feats don't require him to break lightspeed barrier.

In Marvel too many beings including Thor can move in a straight line faster than light.

but Silver Surfer is an no brainer in this department.
he does multiples lights,..and can weave through an asteroid field doing it.

okay,..lets argue.

Originally posted by Varient
So you agree with me?

Cool.

That was easy,....

well yeah apart from thor going at light speed I do, he not that fast

Originally posted by guyverjay
Hmmn,..I remember him playing catchup after the skrulls or the kree,..that he ran down one of their battlecruisers at multilight speeds,..It was an Avengers comic,.....

Hmmn,..I remember him playing catchup after the skrulls or the kree,..that he ran down one of their battlecruisers at multilight speeds,..It was an Avengers comic,.....

Thor techicaly doesn't even fly. He throws his hammer and it carries him along. He travels quickly by opening portals in a space using his hammer

Reading MindWorm trying to school sumbody on the diff between Silver Surfer and the Flash, I realized that the Newbies don't make the distinction.

So I'm opening the floor with my opinion, feel free to argue,..I'll win anyway,..but hey it'll be fun.

Fastest reflexes?
Different classes based on closest to human norm.
Spidermans a good example.

I currently believe that Wally West has fastest reflexes, even though zoom2 is faster by leaps and bounds,..mostly becuase Zoom2 is outside of time in aplication of his "SuperSpeed"

Fastest speed over ground?
Again different classes based on the need to have something to push against.
In Marvel Quicksilver on the ground, Angel or Storm in the Air, and in DC Flash on the Ground, HawkMan or Superboy in the air.

Some speeders are only fast under certain conditions.

Fastest overall travel period?

Now you get into folk who crowd or exceed lightspeed.
In DC, GL appears to make some sort of jump gate to travel long interstellar distances, Superman Doesn't appear to be able to break the light barrier, Flash? I honestly don't know,..A lot of his feats don't require him to break lightspeed barrier.

In Marvel too many beings including Thor can move in a straight line faster than light.

but Silver Surfer is an no brainer in this department.
he does multiples lights,..and can weave through an asteroid field doing it.

okay,..lets argue.

First of all i KNOW your NOT calling me a NEWBIE, for ONE ive been here longer than you check the dates. Two jsut because i ask SOMEONE'S OPINION doesn't mean i AM a newbie to comics, i jsut might not be as well informed as others on certain topics, aslo it seemed to me that MINDWORM schooled YOU on this topic earlier so you have no right to say anything to me when YOUR the one that got taken to class :D

Anyway dont take that to hear or to seriously but as far as your topic goes Marraki IS the fastest in THE MARVEL U not counting beings that can space or time jump then it's the runner after that i would think its Chrome Dome but im not 100% sure

Reflexes more than likely one of the flash's but again im not 100% and in Death of superman Booster Gold says that DD moves faster than the Flash i dont know how true this statement is but in terms of reflexes DD COULD be up there

the people with the fastest overall travel capabilities are Lila Cheney and Pip, both can teleport on an intersteller level

Its pretty obvious he isn't including teleporters:o

hey, he said "Fastest overall travel period?" which just means how long does it take you to get from point A to point B regardless of the method, so I says teleporters are fair game

Guyverjay said:
Thor could travel faster than light early on in his canon appearances, but it was all travel speed and they never really bumped his reflexes up to match it, so it was kind of forgotten. I'm pretty sure his reflexes are around Spider-Man's level or just below him, though.
Elijya said:
hey, he said "Fastest overall travel period?" which just means how long does it take you to get from point A to point B regardless of the method, so I says teleporters are fair game
Didn't Wally beat the JLA teleporter once or something?

Whie I don't doubt he has better reflexes then a normal man, I doubt they compare to Captain Americas let alone Spideys

dunno, haven't read enough JLA. But Lila and Pip way outclass every other teleporter, whether it be a person or a device

Apart of Aza chorn, I don't know a teleporter better than my guy CHUNK

Shouldn't Pip technically outclass everyone else? Those Infinity Gems are worthless.

I'm sorry, my brain must be on autopilot today, who the heck is DD in the DC universe?

wow, and I feel like a moron.... Should'a known that.

Dooms I dunno if could move faster than the Flash, he may have the ABILITY to, but does he have the perceptions? We all know Flash THINKS at those speeds so everything seems slow to him, but does DD or can he just move that fast?

Wasn't Wally slower back in the Death of Superman time period? I don't think Doomsday could move faster than Wally now.

that would explain it corpulent, Wally has sped up in the last couple years, so yeah, that would make a lot of sense.

The only bad thing about speedsters is that when they get up to Wally's level, virtually every enemy of theirs who's not a speedster him- or herself requires a massive amount of suspension of disbelief to swallow as a real threat.

Zoom, the Top, Gorilla Grodd, etc. would be fine, since they all have some gimmick that puts them on the same level as Flash: Zoom's faster, the Top has super-speed, Gorilla Grodd has telepathy that forces Flash to slow down and be more careful.

Others are kind of believable if you don't think about them too much, like Weather Wizard. Lightning is a damn good weapon against the Flash, since he can only travel a hair short of light speed if he doesn't want to merge with the Speed Force, but really, would Weather Wizard even be able to see Wally coming in order to fire off a bolt of lightning? Wally moves faster than the human eye can track.

Then there are guys like the Trickster, who just makes no sense to me whatsoever. He's a guy with some trick weapons, all of which are stored in his clothes or in bags or whatever. Wally'd be able to take all of his toys off of him before Trickster could blink.

Guyverjay said:
Apart of Aza chorn, I don't know a teleporter better than my guy CHUNK

Yes! My boy Aza is getting some credit, finally. :D

Thanks. :) ;)

But, it's not like he doesn't deserve it. The entire universe is an open book to them and they used their powers faaar better than Pip ever did. He's got the potential to outclass the Warpsmiths, but he never tapped into it, at all.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Then there are guys like the Trickster, who just makes no sense to me whatsoever. He's a guy with some trick weapons, all of which are stored in his clothes or in bags or whatever. Wally'd be able to take all of his toys off of him before Trickster could blink.

Well, a lot of the Captain Boomerang/Trickster types are threats because The Flash allows them to be.

Remember what Walter did to Captain Boomerang?

Yeah, that's the main problem with Wally. He holds back too much out of fear. That's why Walter was so much more badass. :)

Who doesn't hold back?

Almost every human being on this planet holds back when he throws a punch. You need to actually learn to, in a combat situation, hit as hard as you can.

Imagine having that kind of power and responsibility? Holding back is incredibly responsible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"