Sequels Spider-Man 4 Extended Edition Idea

spideyman101

Civilian
Reaction score
Just an idea, wouldn't it be cool if they released a theatrical sized one, then released a long extended one on DVD later?

... that entirely depends on how completely Spider-Man 4 tells its story. Thinking a bit too far into the future now, aren't we?

Oh, and what is your idea for an extended edition of Spidey 4?

possibly have villains such as Lizard, Kraven, Venom, Prowler, and Carnage.

Kraven, Prowler, and Carnage have small screen time, but in an EE version they have a lot more screen time...

it could be a long story about how Peter's having a lot of aches and pains, then suddenly he starts to turn into the Man-Spider, and during this time Venom, Carnage and Lizard are in town wrecking havoc while Man-Spider does nothing about it.

Then eventually Man-Spider is turnt back to normal. It could also establish that MJ is now the wife of Peter.

There's plenty of ideas that would take a LONG time to cover, and they could do a short version, then, like I said, release a long version to do the movie full justice... that's also a way to give the movie more hype.

spideyman101 said:
possibly have villains such as Lizard, Kraven, Venom, Prowler, and Carnage.

Kraven, Prowler, and Carnage have small screen time, but in an EE version they have a lot more screen time...

it could be a long story about how Peter's having a lot of aches and pains, then suddenly he starts to turn into the Man-Spider, and during this time Venom, Carnage and Lizard are in town wrecking havoc while Man-Spider does nothing about it.

Then eventually Man-Spider is turnt back to normal. It could also establish that MJ is now the wife of Peter.

There's plenty of ideas that would take a LONG time to cover, and they could do a short version, then, like I said, release a long version to do the movie full justice... that's also a way to give the movie more hype.

So that would pretty much turn the Spidey franchise into a Batman and Robin kind of movie...PLUS, Venom wouldn't be in a Spider-Man 4 movie...Carnage is too risky, Prowler wouldn't be good, the Man-Spider story, people WILL make terrible fun of it, and lastly, Lizard's story alone would fill up a movie, with the addition to Kraven or Scorpion, or even Shocker, since he might look awesome on-screen...but if you add all of that into S-M 4, or even an EE of S-M 4 movie, it will be so awful, and then a new director will make a Spidey Begins movie in 2016.

I hate when this is done with any movie. PUT THE RIGHT VERSION OUT THE FIRST TIME! I am paying to see the movie on the big screen, not to see a chopped up movie with a better version on a smaller screen later. Bad idea!

with a story this big it's either watch a 4 hour movie in theaters, or release a shorter one for theaters. then the original on DVD... if i was ever a director and i used that method, the ONLY reason would be because of time!

and in my opinion Shocker would be AWESOME, but personally, i think Prowler would be much cooler than Shocker.

man, look at Prowler's costume! it's SO cool! and can you imagine seeing Prowler in a movie?

and man-spider WOULDN'T be made fun of by many IF they did the story right and made the effects look right... if they did a cheesy version than YEAH, please don't do it... but if they can figure out a cool way to do it, then please do it!

Spider-Man 3 will only be about two hours and like twenty-thirty minutes...as much as Superman Returns (which was a little less than thirty mins., but you get the point), and so if Spider-Man 4 would ever be made, it would just be around two hours, the director would not try to out-do S-M 3 with the time and all...but by the way, King Kong was a long-ash movie, but people still managed to sit in theatres to watch it; it wasn't a four hour movie, but it was like three hours...Shocker would be cool in a movie, but only in a cameo or something, not as a main villain(s)...and that's why Prowler would not be good in a movie...yes, Sam Raimi likes to put in the classic Spider-Man villains, but then again only a few would be noticed by the movie-goers (Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman, Lizard, Shocker, Scorpion, Rhino and MAYBE Vulture) because they were in the 90s cartoon (except for Sandman) which everyone loved, and the main Spidey villains were always in the comics too...villains like Beatle or Prowler or even Mr. Smythe would not go good within a Spider-Man movie...it all deals with popularity...and that's why Avi Arad wanted Venom to be in Spider-Man 3...without the whole Venom/symbiote thing and just have Spidey face the "New Goblin" and Sandman aka "Uncle Ben's Real Killer" wouldn't stand out amongst Pirates Of The Caribbean 3, Transformers and Fantastic Four 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"