Spider-Man 4 Gets Fresh?...

thejon93

Forever Haunted
Reaction score
Spider-Man Gets Fresh?!
http://movies.ign.com/articles/828/828082p1.html

I was on IGN and came across this article for Spider-Man 4 and I thought that it was pretty damn interesting because they talk about renewing the Spider-Man franchise starting with 4. Now, I personally feel excited for this because it could mean that they add a little more mood to more then just the heroes and other characters but also the villains, the city itself, etc. I personally hope that this means that they will make it sorta more darker; not R Rated but a stronger PG-13 rating, maybe 14A in Canada. I would really like to see this happen because the last three movies sorta repeated the same formula like they do not focus on smaller, random crimes as well they just sorta throw them in and focus more on the build-up to the main villain. I'm hoping that in this film they rely less on the comic-books and more on surprising the audience(in a good fashion). By that I mean like creating more deadly situations for Spider-Man to deal with, villains are more violent and ruthless then they appeared in the last three films. I know that they would be taking a big risk with that factor but I think that it will please both newer audience members, and current fans of the franchise with the minor mood change in the atmosphere instead of having it just seem like something minor like in the other movies they didn't really focus on the civilians and the city itself and that's what I think could make this film evolve into a more mature viewing experience. Anyways, enough of my talking and let's hear what you think this statement means.

Spider-Man Gets Fresh?!
http://movies.ign.com/articles/828/828082p1.html

I was on IGN and came across this article for Spider-Man 4 and I thought that it was pretty damn interesting because they talk about renewing the Spider-Man franchise starting with 4. Now, I personally feel excited for this because it could mean that they add a little more mood to more then just the heroes and other characters but also the villains, the city itself, etc. I personally hope that this means that they will make it sorta more darker; not R Rated but a stronger PG-13 rating, maybe 14A in Canada. I would really like to see this happen because the last three movies sorta repeated the same formula like they do not focus on smaller, random crimes as well they just sorta throw them in and focus more on the build-up to the main villain. I'm hoping that in this film they rely less on the comic-books and more on surprising the audience(in a good fashion). By that I mean like creating more deadly situations for Spider-Man to deal with, villains are more violent and ruthless then they appeared in the last three films. I know that they would be taking a big risk with that factor but I think that it will please both newer audience members, and current fans of the franchise with the minor mood change in the atmosphere instead of having it just seem like something minor like in the other movies they didn't really focus on the civilians and the city itself and that's what I think could make this film evolve into a more mature viewing experience. Anyways, enough of my talking and let's hear what you think this statement means.
I disagree.
the first two Spidey movies were perfect. and the villains, until the last minute, were true villains. it's not every day that some lunatic attacks a bridge and a trolley, threatening the life of so many childrens, or make a artificial sun or almost makes a train fall. I couldn't expect more. they threatened the whole city. the only thing big that left is a nuclear danger or a killing spree. that means Carnage or Morlun. about small crimes, there area plenty over the two first movies. they really don't need to get fresh. they just need to learn from the errors of SM3 and make SM4 like SM1 and SM2. after this...they can make a new franchise or whatever they want.

I am all for a fresh approach in the next Spider-Man film. Heck, I wouldn’t mind at all if they use somebody else besides Tobey Maguire. Maybe they will find an actor who could surpass him to an extent. Now judging the overall films, Tobey was definitely the “guy you wouldn’t look at twice on the street” but I found him to be too, soft-spoken at times. Plus there was quite a few moments where he failed to disguise his voice when suited up as Spidey.
The next film could be “part new direction” but still contain ties to the last film (sigh…unfortunately). This time I do not want another sympathetic villain! Give him motivation, give him personality, and make him something really intimidating.
Oh yeah, Mandy Moore as Mary Jane!!!! :cwink:

I love Mandy, but I think Mary Elizabeth Winstead is more suited for MJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"