Spider-Man Reboot?

Don't reboot the whole franchise, they should just go the James Bond route and cast a new Parker every couple of movies. If the Bond franchise can do it since the 60s, the Spider-Man franchise can certainly do it now.

Originally Posted by JackBauer
We don't need a full on reboot. Just have Peter make a deal with Mephisto to make everyone forget about Spider-Man 3. :(

:pal: :funny: :pal:

Don't reboot the whole franchise, they should just go the James Bond route and cast a new Parker every couple of movies. If the Bond franchise can do it since the 60s, the Spider-Man franchise can certainly do it now.

:pal: :funny: :pal:
That could work since they have a whole universe they can follow and different assortments of rogues.

Well, remember when people doubted Heath Ledger and his portrayal of The Joker? Well look at how that turned out.

Well, that hasn't "turned out" quite yet. It won't really turn out until Summer, but I get your point since it looks pretty good right now.

Fact of the matter with casting is that all we have to really judge a person for a new role by is what they look like, their acting talent in relation to the role, and their past acting experience.

Well, that hasn't "turned out" quite yet. It won't really turn out until Summer, but I get your point since it looks pretty good right now.

Fact of the matter with casting is that all we have to really judge a person for a new role by is what they look like, their acting talent in relation to the role, and their past acting experience.
Yeah, I understand it's just I think that sometimes we should take things under consideration before taking that chance at guessing that they won't do well.

but the bond movies aren't sequels. it's like random stories, it's not like Spider-Man.
the only Bond movie that is a sequel is the next one...Bond 22, will start right where Cassino Royale left. and the actor is the same.
they should change the cast of Spider-Man if they'll start a new trilogy, a trilogy that isn't a sequel to the previous one. then it'd work better.

but the bond movies aren't sequels. it's like random stories, it's not like Spider-Man.
the only Bond movie that is a sequel is the next one...Bond 22, will start right where Cassino Royale left. and the actor is the same.
they should change the cast of Spider-Man if they'll start a new trilogy, a trilogy that isn't a sequel to the previous one. then it'd work better.

Think of it like this: each movie is an issue; each trilogy is a story arc; each arc has a different artist, who draws the characters in his own unique way (read: new actors each trilogy)...

Really, if the morons doing the movies didn't kill the villains EVERY FRICKIN TIME, this franchise could go on as long as Bond, easily.

Think of it like this: each movie is an issue; each trilogy is a story arc; each arc has a different artist, who draws the characters in his own unique way (read: new actors each trilogy)...

Really, if the morons doing the movies didn't kill the villains EVERY FRICKIN TIME, this franchise could go on as long as Bond, easily.
Good points made, Bauer:cwink:

I see it then like Hulk and Punisher.
the new movies are not sequel...but also aren't a reboot...I mean, not totally, there won't be a origin again, they don't need to introduce the character once more and this kinds of things.
this way with Spidey I could see happening.

Yeah that's what I meant. We don't need to see Parker getting bit by a spider every 3-4 movies.

Yeah that's what I meant. We don't need to see Parker getting bit by a spider every 3-4 movies.
Good point. Keep em as sorta sequels but at the same time another group of people are taking what someone else has established and remolding it

Sophia Bush for MJ

sophia-bush.jpg

1003952502_small.jpg

Spider-Man isn't like Batman. Hell, Spider-Man is a fairly unique hero in the sense that who Spider-Man is and who Peter Parker is are the same person. Unlike most heroes, you can't really draw a distinction between the two.

we want a reboot for a good movie,not a crapfest
Megan Fox cannot act
Yeah, whatever. But always know that somebody can step-up their game, Will Smith did it for The Pursuit of Happyness and proved to people that he can be taken seriously. That's why you should never doubt somebody for their abilities.

I don't know about a total reboot but I'd like to see a retcon/sequel like Superman Returns or the Incredible Hulk.

I don't know about a total reboot but I'd like to see a retcon/sequel like Superman Returns or the Incredible Hulk.
The Incredible Hulk is a full-on reboot; but I get your point. Althought I wouldn't like to see an in the middle sequel like Superman Returns, I would however like to see a film at which chronicles the origins of Peter Parker a bit more.

Yeah, whatever. But always know that somebody can step-up their game, Will Smith did it for The Pursuit of Happyness and proved to people that he can be taken seriously. That's why you should never doubt somebody for their abilities.
ya but smith isnt a bad actor. not like fox, she cant even play a spoiled rich girl properly(as seen in COATDQ), what makes you think she can play MJ?(which isnt even a hard role to play)

Megan fox is hot but cant act, end of story.

ya but smith isnt a bad actor. not like fox, she cant even play a spoiled rich girl properly(as seen in COATDQ), what makes you think she can play MJ?(which isnt even a hard role to play)

Megan fox is hot but cant act, end of story.
Yeah, I guess you're right. It's just I'm a sucker for giving people a shot at things that's all, and the idea for her to portray Gwen Stacy just sorta blurted out(I have a way of doing that).

lol, no problem, but she still sucks at acting

lol, no problem, but she still sucks at acting
Yeah, I was watching Transformers a while back in theatres and I remember think to myself: 'Wow... what a ****e... but she's still hot!'

she was horrible in it, but ya, still hot

I was thinking of sequels like 4,5,6... but thats a better idea. Every trilogy or so we should change actors and directors like James Bond. This way you don't hurt other directors job.To me that s perfect!

she was horrible in it, but ya, still hot

In Fox's defense, she didn't have s*** in Transformers. She had a few lines, and was there to be the female lead, yet she was only eye candy. Rachael Taylor had more lines than she did. Megan Fox was just...there, so to say that she acted horribly in Transformers when she didn't have a huge role to make that assumption is overkill.

I think if they reboot it start with someone younger for peter that way he won't be old as arse by the 3rd movie. Or if they do choose someone older, let them progress and by the third movie have Peter as a teacher at the school!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"