Spider-Man Reboot?

Megan Fox is the only woman in hollywood that looks like MJ. Too bad she sucks.

In Fox's defense, she didn't have s*** in Transformers. She had a few lines, and was there to be the female lead, yet she was only eye candy. Rachael Taylor had more lines than she did. Megan Fox was just...there, so to say that she acted horribly in Transformers when she didn't have a huge role to make that assumption is overkill.

Good actors can still give good performances regardless of how good or bad the script may be. Juno and (on the superhero side) Batman Begins are two examples of this.

She may not be terrible at acting, but she was certainly subpar and certainly did not rise above the terrible script (unlike Shia, for example, who I thought did a pretty decent job with his role).

Megan Fox is the only woman in hollywood that looks like MJ. Too bad she sucks.

Wtf? She looks nothing like Mary Jane.

Good actors can still give good performances regardless of how good or bad the script may be. Juno and (on the superhero side) Batman Begins are two examples of this.

She may not be terrible at acting, but she was certainly subpar and certainly did not rise above the terrible script (unlike Shia, for example, who I thought did a pretty decent job with his role).

Wtf? She looks nothing like Mary Jane.

megan_fox_04a.jpg

She looks exactly like MJ there. EXACTLY.

Brokeback spiderman? hell no, and Megan Fox is a horrible choice. She straight up SUCKED in transformers.

Aaron Paul as Eddie Brock

965154626.jpg

He's in the right age range, he's fantastic on 'BREAKING BAD' and he's played a lot of good-looking guys that turn out to be bad news.

Am I the only one that wants a spider-man film that focuses on spider-man? Sam Raimi did ok, but they need to just rename those films Peter Parker 1, 2 and 3. I want to see a spidey film with spidey in it for more than 8 seconds. I know I may sound like a whiny fanboy, but I'm just curious if any of you have thoughts or would like to weigh in on how you'd do spider-man.

I agree with some of this, I could understand one and two but three you didn't a scene with Spider-Man that was longer than what you said unitl the crane scene where he saved Gwen and he got the key to the city both came like almost 20 mins into the movie. And you didn't get to see that much of the black suited Spider-man only when he got the suit and when he fought sandman the first time around. What's the point having the suit on if you're not going to wear it when he face the Harry?

As for a series reboot, they will probably go the Ulitmate Spider-man route if they're done with this current line of Spider-Man movies.

isn't spider-man peter's secret weapon against crime? of course he'd want to spend most of his time as his REAL IDENTITY PETER PARKER

RE: the topic, no need for a reboot. SM3 wasn't as good as it could of been (understatement I know) but I don't think we should discount Raimi's vision. I fthe money men butt out and leave him to his own devices the fourth installment will get this franchise back on course. Same director, same cast.

I always though Spider-Man was at his best(and I am by no means a Spider-Man fan, so take what I say with a grain of salt) when he was still in high school. That's one of the reasons I kind of like the Ultimate Spider-Man comics. If they reboot the character, they should take him back to his roots, IMO. The adult Peter Parker isn't nearly as interesting. It's like the kid who gets to play with the grown-ups because they don't know he's a kid(due to the mask and all). Cause with the few exceptions of the X-men(minus Wolverine and Professor X) and Johnny Storm, all the other Marvel heroes are adults and have always been so.

i could not agree more about a spider-man reboot the only moive out of the three of them that was decent was spidey 2 and even that kinda dragged they need less peter parker less love story crap more spidey and without a doubt less aunt may 15 min. speeches.

isn't spider-man peter's secret weapon against crime? of course he'd want to spend most of his time as his REAL IDENTITY PETER PARKER

I completely agree. The main reason Spider-man became so popular was because of his struggles in his social life. So yeah Peter should be the main focus of the movie, while Spiderman is his biggest struggle.

RE: the topic, no need for a reboot. SM3 wasn't as good as it could of been (understatement I know) but I don't think we should discount Raimi's vision. I fthe money men butt out and leave him to his own devices the fourth installment will get this franchise back on course. Same director, same cast.

my problems with the Spider-Man trilogy IS the cast and all of the films seem halfassed.

Said with such eloquence, JVZ. lol.

I'm no fan of the movies and I agree they really messed it up big time. However, a reboot is a bit extreme. I'm in the camp that would prefer for the actors to change every few movies. I just hope sm4 has a decent script that is actually endeering and compelling and doesn't misuse the characters as has been the case thus far.

I think its so stupid how everyone keeps imagining Jake Gylanhaal as Peter Parker. Its getting over done. There are thousands of actors who can play Peter Parker...actors that are YOUNG and look like TEENAGERS and not FULL GROWN MEN. :whatever:

Well, remember when people doubted Heath Ledger and his portrayal of The Joker? Well look at how that turned out.

That movie isn't even out, so your comparison is irrelevant, as "that" hasn't "turned out" yet.

My main problem with the movies is that all off Peter's actions, almost everything he learns, is based on how it plays off his relationship with M.J. Spider-Man is not a romnance book, while the relationship is important, Spider-Man learn many more lessions that had nothing to do with M.J.

I love how kids are complaining that the movie had too much Peter and not enough Spidey. Now, granted, I havent read the comics in a few years (since 2000ish), but I have to ask....have you all ever actually READ the comics?? For the most part, the story focuses on PETER....how HE the teen, and now the young adult, handles the duality of his life, and his feeling of obligation to the memory of his uncle.

Oh, and news flash, kids: except for various flashbacks and a few "What Ifs", Uncle Ben appeared in maybe a handful of frames in Amazing Fantasy 15....and then was killed by Carradine (Burglar). He's had very little real time in the comic, but has had a massive impact on the story.

All in all they've done a pretty damned good job making the story into film....except for one point: killing off Doc Oc. He's a Webhead mainstay. Goblin had to die early (as he did in the comics), but they should have kept Octavius around.

My main problem with the movies is that all off Peter's actions, almost everything he learns, is based on how it plays off his relationship with M.J. Spider-Man is not a romnance book, while the relationship is important, Spider-Man learn many more lessions that had nothing to do with M.J.

Well, I see your point...but there's a reason for that. Most kids today cant comprehend a sense of personal responsibility at all, let alone one to the memory of some dead uncle....so they decided to make T&A the motivation...something most American youth can understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"