Spider-Man Coming Back to MARVEL!?

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Asteroid-Man, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Asteroid-Man Registered

In short, apparently Sony is pumping out 3 spidey films super quickly so that they can squeeze out the money, leave the character dry and sell the character to Disney/Marvel for a FAT cheque.
    Details below...

Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...n-may-soon-be-headed-to-the-avengers-sequels/

2. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

3. Mr. Dent Registered

So this is just some guy's prediction?

4. Hypestyle Registered

and an awfully elaborate one, lol, bless his heart. I doubt this will happen, unless one or more of the next Spider-Man films just more or less flops ala After Earth-- and let's face it, who really wants a Spidey movie to crash and burn just so Disney can get the development rights?

5. Aztec Registered

This is just some guy's opinion. Why does this deserve a thread? Especially when there already is a Spidey returning to Marvel thread just two or so north of this one. Silly.

6. Zarex Registered

Disney paid about $4 billion for Star Wars, the most successful film series of all time. The cost included the extremely lucrative rights for merchandising, as well as publishing, animation, video game, and theme park attractions.

Disney also paid $4 billion for Marvel, which included (with a few notable exceptions), film rights to a vast library of characters. It also included extremely valuable rights for merchandising, as well as publishing, animation, video game, and theme park attractions (with the exception of East of the Mississippi River in the US).

I agree that subsequent to the 4th reboot installment of the "Amazing" series, Marvel and Sony will likely reach an agreement either for Disney to buy the film rights outright or work out some sort of cofinancing agreement. But for someone who works at a financial magazine to propose that Disney will pay $3 billion for what is essentially minority rights to Spider-man - remember, Disney currently controls merchandise, animation, publishing and most of the the theme park attraction rights - suggests to me that this person doesn't know how money works. I would love to receive word that such a deal is in place so that I could short-sell Disney stock and make a fortune.

7. KevanG Pragmatic Villain

Personally I'm sick of the Sony SM films. The only decent one was SM2. They should just sell him to Disney and be done with it.

8. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

Even if they continue to make horrible Spider-Man movies, they won't give the rights back as long as they are earning more than $700million per movie.