The Amazing Spider-Man "SPIDER-MAN 4 Production on Indefinite Hold "....NOT!...or Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bapi

Sidekick
Reaction score
IESB Exclusive: SPIDER-MAN 4 Production on Indefinite Hold

Looks like everyone's friendly neighborhood web slinger has been been placed on indefinite hold said an inside source exclusively to the IESB today. Apparently, several department heads working on the SPIDER-M4N production were notified of the halt last Thursday. Spidey and friends have some issues that need to be dealt with before production can move forward once again. Oh, and the film is known as SPIDER-M4N within the production offices so take note! Who wants to be the first to start the trending topic on Twitter #SPIDER-M4N?
An inside source working on the project tells IESB that there are some major issues director Sam Raimi is dealing with that include an incomplete script. And why is the script incomplete? Looks like Raimi and the studio heads at Sony Pictures can't agree upon a villain for the film.
Raimi is pushing hard for the Vulture to be the big baddie, something he also pushed for in the third film to star alongside the Sandman but didn't get and we all know how that one turned out. Vulture was to do his evil deeds alongside the new Goblin and Sandman. A single concept art sketch can be seen in "The Art of Spider-Man 3" book. Vulture and Flint Marko would have been cellmates who escaped together, with Vulture pressuring the more passive Marko into committing crimes.
On the flip side, who does the studio want to be the villain? Our source says they seem to only be interested in featuring which ever character is selling books right now but basically they have no idea, just not the Vulture.
So, production on SPIDER-M4N grinded to a halt this past Thursday and isn't budging until some compromises are made. Sony is in a bit of a dilemna though because they are insistent upon getting a film shooting as soon as possible. Our source also said these issues aren't being handled in the most friendliest of fashions. There is apparently some definite anger within the production with several people very "pissed off".
Perhaps they will use the time over the holidays to calm down in order to make some compromises to decide which way the film will be headed as the new year begins in January.
We will have to wait and see!

source
This is bad... :csad:

go sony!! I hope they force sam to drop the vulture

Last edited:
This is a weird one....

The last film was utter sh**, most claiming the problems were caused by studio interference. I, however, don't buy that. I've not been very happy with recent news, so this is actually a positive thing from my standpoint.

As Ronald Reagan used to say:

"The bullfight critics ranked in rows
Fill the enormous plaza full
But only one is there who really knows
And he's the one that fights the bull"

Let Raimi do his thing. It worked the first two times, and didn't so much the third because of studio execs interfering. There are two kinds of people in this world: those who value art and those who value profit, and they never mesh well. I, for one, am plenty excited about the Vulture. Go Raimi!

someone make a poll

sony to come out on top - vulture is dropped new villian introduced
sam to come out on top - vulture as main villian (possibly vultress)

This may or may not be a good thing. What if Sony tries to force Carnage in the movie?

I dont like Vulture that much, but I dont like it if there trying to force another villain down his throat

This may or may not be a good thing. What if Sony tries to force Carnage in the movie?
:awesome:

They won't. Cause Raimi will screw up, he can't handle symbiotes.

Last edited:
okay SM3 was a mess because they dipped their toes where it didn't belong but if dipping their toes results in vulture being dropped in favour of a another villian (I don't care which one, they are pretty much ALL better than vulture) then that's a chance I'm willing to take.

Whats up with the Lizard? I mean they set up the character so much already, the actor wants to play Lizard, the fans want Lizard, and Lizard definitely fits Raimi's horror roots.

I mean Vulture? He's alright but I cant picture him holding his own in a film

Let Raimi do his thing. It worked the first two times, and didn't so much the third because of studio execs interfering. There are two kinds of people in this world: those who value art and those who value profit, and they never mesh well. I, for one, am plenty excited about the Vulture. Go Raimi!

I don't think the Studio is entirely to blame for this. So they wanted Venom in the 3rd Movie, it was Raimi's job to make it work. But he didn't. And it's not like it was the Studios idea to make Peter an evil dork, to turn Harry into some sort of futuristic snowboarder or to turn Sandman into Uncle Ben's murderer, who just had nothing but bad luck.

Whats up with the Lizard? I mean they set up the character so much already, the actor wants to play Lizard, the fans want Lizard, and Lizard definitely fits Raimi's horror roots.

I mean Vulture? He's alright but I cant picture him holding his own in a film

it seems like an utter no brainer, seriously.
look at the poll for villan most wanted, 77%

I don't think the Studio is entirely to blame for this. So they wanted Venom in the 3rd Movie, it was Raimi's job to make it work. But he didn't. And it's not like it was the Studios idea to make Peter an evil dork, to turn Harry into some sort of futuristic snowboarder or to turn Sandman into Uncle Ben's murderer, who just had nothing but bad luck.

sam could have pushed venom into the final scene before credits.
sandman gets more screen time
GG2 gets more screen time
sam fulfills sony's desire for venom (albeit briefly)

I know Raimi wanted Sandman for SM3

but honestly if I was a studio exec I wouldve been pushing for a different villain too.

[A];17846035 said:
..but then Venom would've been SM4's main villain..

UGH! but at least we would have had a decent SM3 movie (maybe).

It's a shame that they missed the opportunity to show Venom as a really frightening villain. Having him stalk Spider-Man, visiting his Aunt, terrorizing Mary Jane, really letting Peter know that he could get any of his loved ones and that he knows all of his little secrets. It would also have been great to see Venom trying to expose Spider-Man as Peter Parker.

I think sony have checked out the messageboards and looked at fan reaction to the leaked romour of vulture. what happened to the morbious/lizard romour? now THERE'S a romour I wish was true, unfortuantely sony couldn't shoot down that romour fast enough :csad:

[A];17846035 said:
..but then Venom would've been SM4's main villain..
It should've been that way.

BTW, let's hope the studio wants a new MJ! :awesome:

It's a shame that they missed the opportunity to show Venom as a really frightening villain. Having him stalk Spider-Man, visiting his Aunt, terrorizing Mary Jane, really letting Peter know that he could get any of his loved ones and that he knows all of his little secrets. It would also have been great to see Venom trying to expose Spider-Man as Peter Parker.

a real missed oppertunity will be dylan baker showing up in ANOTHER spidey movie and not seeing the lizard. that's like edward nigma showing up in three batman movies with no riddler making an appearance.

There are plenty of talented directors who would happily take a fat pay check to do a Lizard/Kraven movie. Let them do it and give Raimi the boot.

a real missed oppertunity will be dylan baker showing up in ANOTHER spidey movie and not seeing the lizard. that's like edward nigma showing up in three batman movies with no riddler making an appearance.

I definitely want to see the Lizard. I don't know what his freaking fascination is with the Vulture. It's an old guy with wings. It's a surprise that Spider-Man ever had trouble with such a villain.

Spider-Man 3 was just as camp as 60s Batman TV show.

I definitely want to see the Lizard. I don't know what his freaking fascination is with the Vulture. It's an old guy with wings. It's a surprise that Spider-Man ever had trouble with such a villain.

human torch said as much when he took down vulture in 5 seconds flat.
Human torch (to vulture) - 'YOU gave spidey problems all these years?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"