Across the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse News and General Discussion

Steelbook. :hrt:

6546827_sd.jpg

FINALLY got a chance to see this and wow, that was fantastic! Probably the best example of bringing a comic book to life on the screen I’ve ever seen. Every word written about the visuals undersells them. The animation is 10/10 and the cast is equally good all around. Scripting, direction…it just goes on. Only thing I didn’t like is that it ended. I want Beyond right now!!!! Bottom line, 10/10.
Glad you enjoyed it mate! I said the exact same thing after seeing it "Only thing I didn’t like is that it ended". :D

The drum intro to this film was something else really sucks you into the madness of the multiverse but.... Gwen's story with Metro,coi leray's self love playing in the background just set a tone of what's to come in my opinion. Something about animation and certain beats hit the feels (Miles/Gwen's web swinging scene comes to mind) Reminds me of Anime and Lofi music
Loved every minute of this film though. The animation top notch 10/10, Voice acting, Soundtrack, You can tell alot of TLC went into this film and it shows in bucket loads. Didn't have a clue the film would end like that because i went N.C. Will definitely watch again just for the Easter eggs. Really had a experience watching this smiling like a 12 year old reading comics for the first time. Standing ovation for everyone involved in particular the artists.

9/10

Last edited:
nJUcOvn_d.webp

I was on AMC’s merchandise page and found it interesting that the logo they have for Spider-Man says Part One. I haven’t seen this logo elsewhere.

Have seen this twice since it came out (the 2nd time yesterday) and give it 8/10.

It was very well-made overall - obvious high production value and amazing visuals, and a very worthy follow-up. And can't wait to see the 3rd movie now.

But some things bothered me enough that they detracted from it for me:

1. The sound mixing was just....not good. There were too many times where the dialogue was overpowered by the musical score, and made it harder to hear what was being said, which leads to my next point....

2. Too much dialog was very mumbling-sounding....and just not enunciated clearly enough. Although some voice actors did better at enunciating more clearly than others, Miles, Gwen, and Miles' dad were probably the biggest culprits here. Definitely going to need subtitles to be able to tell what was being said a lot of the time because they just mumbled too much.

3. The voice acting wasn't really that great either, especially at first. Gwen in particular, but also Miles, and Miles' dad, all just lacked a certain dramatic vocal energy. Although it overall got better after Miles jumped "across the Spider-Verse" :hehe: it sounded like the voice actors had too much of a flat and bored energy in their vocal performances. The fact that most of the voice actors are generally inexperienced at specifically voice acting kinda came across - because material like DC's animated stuff has a lot better voice acting than this movie had.

4. Although the visuals were amazing, they were also kinda visually chaotic and had SO much going on, most of the time. Yes it was impressive to watch, especially with tons of visual easter eggs, but it also kinda made the movie feel like it had ADHD. I wish the filmmakers had adopted more of a "less is more" attitude with the visuals to make things visually simpler.

Got the selfie version in my screening.

Huh, so I'm not crazy. Got the selfie opening day, but last time I saw it I got the point.

Please remember not to post cam footage of movies while they're in theaters. Thank you.

I got the selfie joke, myself. I did see two different versions of a Ben Riley joke during the chase scene though. If I had to take a guess, the fixed audio version they sent out was actually an older cut with minor differences that didn't have the audio issues some places were experiencing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"