Comics Spider-Man: Breakout

N

New Shoe Smell

I just got done reading the collection of the Spider-Man: Breakout.
It was pretty good read, though it was a bit different from most of the Spidey comics.
Discussion:
What was your favorite multi-parted Spider-Man?

Note: First thread. Gimme a break. :dry:

I liked it up until it went into "exposition mode", it totally ruined the pacing.

I never got a chance to actually buy it, I only read it for a few minutes in Barnes & Nobles. is it entertaining?

I havent read it, but from what I've heard, it was a decent mini-series. Not the best, but for what it was it was good.

after the breakout at rykers that leads to the formation of the new avengers, spider-man tries to ring up some of the villians still on the loose. a fued between two super villian teams that started in prison escalates since their escape.

i enjoyed it. i remember issue two being my favorite. whe cap and iron man show up it was just cool.

It was alright. I don't like MJ when she doesn't like Blackcat.

Never got round to reading Breakout, mainly because Deodanto reminded me of the bad taste that was left in my mouth from ASM at the time.

Fav multi-part Spidey? Off the top of my head I really liked the flow of KLH as a six parter even tho some here think it could have been done in four parts.
I also loved The Child Within, again by DeMatties, SSM Vol1 #178-183.

I just got done reading the collection of the Spider-Man: Breakout.
It was pretty good read, though it was a bit different from most of the Spidey comics.
Discussion:
What was your favorite multi-parted Spider-Man?

Note: First thread. Gimme a break. :dry:

You really liked it?

I got to issue 2 and gave up. Probably because I was still pissed about Sins Past, and how Spidey was being written in, and joining NA.

Basically I was biased at the time....

SO, what did people here think? I thought the 2nd ish was too slow, but I did like kinda like the start

As a WHOLE I liked it. For those that gave up early, I'd recommend checking out the trade.

There have been several arcs that, by the time they were done, I had NO desire to buy it as a trade... but this is on my BUY list.

But I do kinda wonder if the Civil War would taint it for me... (thank the Lord THAT is over!)

Another bad thing about it, I didn't like how his new teammates seemed to talk down to him. Just like I didn't like how hudlin's Avengers disrespected him. (I think it was Hudlin. It was early in his MKSM run. Scarlet witch was there I think. or was that Millars? I don't remember.:csad:)

Never got round to reading Breakout, mainly because Deodanto reminded me of the bad taste that was left in my mouth from ASM at the time.

Fav multi-part Spidey? Off the top of my head I really liked the flow of KLH as a six parter even tho some here think it could have been done in four parts.
I also loved The Child Within, again by DeMatties, SSM Vol1 #178-183.

deodato? he wasnt the artist for spider-man breakout.

Another bad thing about it, I didn't like how his new teammates seemed to talk down to him. Just like I didn't like how hudlin's Avengers disrespected him. (I think it was Hudlin. It was early in his MKSM run. Scarlet witch was there I think. or was that Millars? I don't remember.:csad:)

i dont think they were talking down to him...cap just told him he shouldve called in for help, but spider-man wasnt used to being a team player and you know...he thinks its all his responsibility.

it was millers run were spidey had that confrontation with the avengers. ill agree that couldve gone a little better. seemed like he had a chip on his shoulder.

i dont think they were talking down to him...cap just told him he shouldve called in for help, but spider-man wasnt used to being a team player and you know...he thinks its all his responsibility.

it was millers run were spidey had that confrontation with the avengers. ill agree that couldve gone a little better. seemed like he had a chip on his shoulder.
Ok, it was either Cap or tony who made this comment, but when the Cops got involved, one of them said something like "You want us to tell them you're a good guy now?" :mad:

It was out of place considering Peter's age today but all the way back during Lee/Ditko's run Spidey very much did have a chip on his shoulder. I very fondly remember the issue where he basically crashes the Human Torch's party to pick a fight with him. :)

I hated this mini. Bored the hell out of me.

He was the cover artist, wasn't he?

oh. yeah he was. well for the first three. issues 4 and 5 the covers are done by garcia who does the art inside. the cover for issue 4 was the tone i remembered off the bat. my bad.

deodatos asm wasnt to bad. the few issues he did for new avengers on the other hand...i didnt like. with the exception of the magneto cover.

I loved Mike's Amazing. He's too good. :(

Yeah thats what I meant about a bad taste in my mouth.
At that point I looked at Breakout and saw Sins Past
-Vomit-

So I gave the series a wide birth.

You really liked it?

I got to issue 2 and gave up. Probably because I was still pissed about Sins Past, and how Spidey was being written in, and joining NA.

Basically I was biased at the time....

SO, what did people here think? I thought the 2nd ish was too slow, but I did like kinda like the start
The second issue went a bit slow.
The only way the mini-series is really good is if you read all of 'em.

You kidding?? thats what makes situations like that exciting. The b1tching, jealousy and hating.
It's never a good thing when I'm like, "Damn, b****, shut the f*** up already!! You married him, get over it!." I felf the same way when I read Sensational Spider-man 34. *sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"