Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 113

N6bLQiC.gif

I said this before, but my only real issue with the film is the "8 Years Later" error. And it does not interfere with the film narrative so it's more or less a nitpick at this point.

I found myself laughing throughout the entire film because comedy is just so on point and well timed. There were moments where the writers could have inserted a cheap joke, and one that comes to mind is the scene where Aunt May walks in on Peter and Ned while he is in his underwear. They could have easily thrown a gay joke in there, which I was expecting, but nope. They didn't fall for that and I think that was a good way to go.

Vulture is also a really good villain, and I would consider him one of the MCU's best or even just one of the best on-screen Spider-Man villains (maybe slightly below Doc Ock from Spider-Man 2).

All of the characters are fun and likable, the John Hughes tone of the film fits perfectly with Spider-Man, the music is good, the easter eggs are great and do not hold back the plot in any way, and Tom Holland is brilliant as Spider-Man. He has the charm along with the best elements of both Tobey and Andrew with his own flare.

I suppose one weakness of the movie is the action--which isn't bad at all, it's just not the strongest point of the movie. Some of the fights could have lasted a bit longer, especially the Shocker fight in the school bus yard. If there was anything I want to see improvement on in the sequel, it's maybe more action and a somewhat bigger scale, which is inevitable.

So after completely boycotting the MCU ever since Andrew Garfield got replaced (the last movie I actually watched was the original Guardians of the Galaxy)...
... I finally did it. I watched Spider-Man: Homecoming.

giphy.gif

I'm gonna just.. go back and watch the older Spidey movies again instead.

well bye.jpg

I watched Homecoming again last night for the first time in awhile--this was my 5th time seeing it, I think.

Homecoming, imo, seems to get better with each viewing. I still have some minor nitpicks but the MCU has made a great version of Spider-Man.

Homecoming and Far From Home have kind of clinched Tom Holland as the best cinematic Spidey for me (outside of Spider-Verse, of course). He clearly has a ball playing this part, and it's nice having a Peter Parker who doesn't look 32 (Tobey), or who isn't too cool (Garfield). This Peter just works better.

Has it been confirmed or debunked that Flash was initially a new character Miguel and then his name, nothing else of the writiing, was changed to Flash? Or do we and will we just not know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"