Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 109

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to say to expect to be VERY pleased. Regardless of harryoscop and some might say around here, expect the high praise for comic book films to continue. :ilv:

Music to my ears.

I wish the eyes were this expressive in the movie

18947531_689020851308383_5291170950123880448_n.jpg

Just to say to expect to be VERY pleased. Regardless of harryoscop and some might say around here, expect the high praise for comic book films to continue. :ilv:
Bruh.. Zendaya???

Just say if there's more to her character or she really is just regular old 'Michelle'

I wish the eyes were this expressive in the movie

18947531_689020851308383_5291170950123880448_n.jpg

I'd love that too, but it might end up looking a bit too cartoony because even some of the lenses have to change shape to even pull off some of those expressions.

I assumed you would be at a early screening, and thus under embargo.:sly:

I guess you couldn't even rank all the Spidey-films including SM:H, could you?

I loved Raimi movies when they came out. (Obviously, I was 9 year old Spider-Man fan in 2002.) But these days I have no desire to watch them again. Raimi and the others did really well what they set out to do, but I just find Maguire's Peter to be too much of a... I don't actually know. It's hard to explain. Garfield and Holland are both more charismatic imo.

I'm hoping this movie to be successful, Spidey deserved it.
I'm loving Tom Holland already, the dude got bright future career.
So far the cast looks promising, the action seems fantastic. High school background for CBM is nice, many CBMs are about mature older characters nowadays.

I still see that people complaining or mock the poster and trailers in social media, still couldn't let it go. Man, social media crowd are though to please.
Also it a bit unfair that people blamed Sony for everything they found unfavorable.

People can complain, but the buzz is stronger than ever. Guaranteed big money and I hope for the best to ensure more Spidey in future releases.

170607111642500571.gif

doubt anyone on here has seen the film. rdj mentioned it has started test screenings and is scoring very high.

If DC can do a woman's only screening of Wonder Woman, Marvel should do a Spider's only screening of Spider-Man. :)

If the movie is great, I'll be over totally over the moon because my expectations are pretty low. The overall impression I've gotten from the marketing is that they've focused far more on making this serviceable to large crowds than making it interesting. This isn't a jab at the movie, just how the marketing has portrayed the movie. the trailers have felt sort of "McDonald'sy" (the bold yellow font hasn't helped :funny:)

Talion comes in and drops a BOMB on us, then takes off... Damn you Talion!!!

So any hints on Zendaya? Is she just Michelle or is there more to her?

I do wonder if, ultimately, I end up enjoying this movie... Or not.

If the movie does end up being pretty good and restores Spidey status and after two years Sony pulls him from the MCU they deserve to have a nuclear warhead dropped on their faces....

I do wonder if, ultimately, I end up enjoying this movie... Or not.

Same tbh. I don't doubt, from a technical standpoint it will be a good movie. And hell, I want it to be a good movie, Lord knows Spidey needs a win in the Cinematic Universe. It's just a personal dislike of most of the info we've gotten that makes me wonder whether I'll end up enjoying the final product. But whether I like it or not, it's still Spidey and I'll always root for him, therefore I'm rooting for Homecoming to be a home run foe Marvel. And if I don't enjoy it, at least Spider-Man will finally be back in favor amongst movie goers

The latter half of the music has that heroic feel, although I've heard similar music play in superhero-styled promos that play before movie trailers in theaters, but I'd agree, yes, you could copy and paste it into any Marvel Studios film and be unable to tell the difference.

If that is the score, I'm going to go for a very, very, VERY long cry.

Giacchino, don't do this to me, you're the chosen one, don't let me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"