Into the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse News and General Discussion Thread

Spider-Verse is animated diarrhea. There is only one Spider-Man and it's Peter Parker. And Pete doesn't appear near enough in a cartoon titled Spider-Man.

Sorry but that's the thought of most true fans over the age of 35. THAT is why it made poor box office.

Yes, god forbid we have movie about the newer brown guy, eh?

This is the single dumbest post I think I’ve ever seen on here.

Miles is a brilliant character, and thoroughly deserves his own movie. And I’m over 35.

I've always maintained that you don't need several movies building up individuals before bringing them together in an ensemble. If you make an engaging movie with layered and compelling character then the general audience will want more. And then you can spin off characters in solo movies.

I have a feeling that the multi universe storyline is part of the reason why this isn't a big success. Some people don't find it interesting. I'm sure this would do better if it had more traditional story. Also the fact that this is animation is one reason. Many fans who go to see Spider-Man movies are adults that don't go to see animated movies often. I didn't find the story interesting before watching but I really liked the movie. It is the best Spider-Man movie after the Raimi trilogy.

I hate to be that guy because i hate when other people are that guy, but I think people just didn't really get what the movie was doing. As soon I realized I was the only one that laughed at the Banksy line I was like...yeah. :o

Any reason the Blu Ray release is in May? That's 5 months away. Don't movies usually get released on Blu Ray after 3 months? Also, has Sony stopped releasing movies at home in 3D?

jseSGIe.jpg

That got the biggest laugh.

Aloha,
Really enjoyed the movie. I thought Sony did a fantastic job of sticking to the source material but bringing it into the 21st century. Spider-Man has always been an Everyman, the Spider Verse helps to establish that concept. The animation was FANTASTIC! I can't see this movie NOT getting several awards in animation. I was a stock holder in Narvel during the time that they were thinking about Disney. I voted yes to them going to Disney because I have always thought that comic books were best represented in animation. Into the spider Verse even though it was done by Sony, definitely proves my point. I plan to see it again.
Spidey rules

Just got back from the movie it was awesome want to see it again in 3d if I can. Great action, story and music and a lot of humor! Only bad thing is some of the crap rap in the movie but I known a lot of that music is popular now.

Any reason the Blu Ray release is in May? That's 5 months away. Don't movies usually get released on Blu Ray after 3 months? Also, has Sony stopped releasing movies at home in 3D?

Not sure about the 3d but I would say up un till like 3 years ago most movies where around 5 movies from theater to dvd now it has become more like 3-4 and I can remember when it was like a year at one point during my life I am 29 so yeah things have changed.

I think it was easier for this movie as the heroes were all variations of Spider-man who all more or less have the same origin.

Well, that, and the running gag of "Let's do this ONE more time" just enhanced the story.
I can’t stand Post Malone but that song is an ear worm to my brain.

My wife and I have been singing it for a week. It won't leave. My son, on the other hand has been playing with his Marvel Legends Miles figure singing, "What's up Danger". He is indeed that cool.

I can’t stand Post Malone but that song is an ear worm to my brain.

How I resolve this with myself is that I like it more for the Swae Lee portion than Post's.
Just got back from the movie it was awesome want to see it again in 3d if I can. Great action, story and music and a lot of humor! Only bad thing is some of the crap rap in the movie but I known a lot of that music is popular now.

The music is definitely something I fear will age the film years from now. They should've stuck with more established timeless hip hop songs if they could've. For example, Hypnotize is a 22 year old track but because its now a classic, felt fitting in the film.

How I resolve this with myself is that I like it more for the Swae Lee portion than Post's.

The music is definitely something I fear will age the film years from now. They should've stuck with more established timeless hip hop songs if they could've. For example, Hypnotize is a 22 year old track but because its now a classic, felt fitting in the film.

Yeah, I liked the soundtrack--scratch that, I LOVE the soundtrack-- but the more timeless hip hop tracks, maybe some Run DMC, House of Pain, More Biggie...those would stand the test of time. Now, for the time being, and for the next 6 months, this will be fine. In 3 years, it'll be like every time you've heard "Gold Digger" for the last 5 or so years and thought, "Wow...haven't thought about that song in forever".

On another topic, I'm a little bummed that this movie will only hold onto the top spot for maybe 5 days. Kind of wish that they had released it a week earlier. I know they were trying to avoid the Disney/Wreck-It-Ralph overlap, but I think they have missed out on an extra week without competition. Number one for 2 weeks makes people think they're missing out on something. Number one for well under a week may make people think it wasn't that great...even though we all know different.

In a perfect world, Spider-Verse would be number one for a second week, followed by Bumblebee, Mary Poppins, and Aquaman. Or, maybe 2 of the three films would release some other time. I know there is no Star Wars film, but this week just seems excessive.

For a future film I would kinda love to see more Spidey's from past projects like from a lot more of the cartoons, the live action films, the Japanese Spidey... the door has been opened! Some people may be confused while most will just go along for the ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"